Chapter 1

The Thin Line Between the Truth and Death

“What are you doing here?”

I stepped into the darkly shaded forest. The canopy of trees kept any sun from breaking through its thick cover. The heavy mist enabled me from seeing ahead of me, but the shadows surrounded me. The darkness was closing in on me and his words echoed throughout the maze of trees.

“What are you doing here?”

I stumbled back.

“What are you doing here?”

I tripped on a grown out vine in the ground.

“What are you doing here?”

The dark shadows all whispered to me with chilling voices. The after feel of their voices crawled on my skin. It felt like long spider-like legs itching their way up my arms covering my whole body. I let out a shriek as I brushed my arms off repeatedly, but once I looked down there was nothing there.

A breeze blew by me pushing my body back. For some strange reason my body turned around in reaction with the wind. I then saw those solemn eyes that now haunted my dreams.

“What are you doing here?”

“Ahhh!”

I sat up in bed clutching onto my bed sheets. I released my death grip on my poor bed covers and let out a few deep breaths.I touched my sweaty forehead.“What’s wrong with me?”

My pajamas were stuck to my skin by my relentless sweating.I looked at my clock to see it was already time to start getting ready for school.I stood from my bed ignoring the strong breeze that blew past me.

“Wait breeze?”

I looked up from my carpeted floor to see my bedroom window open. The wind blew the curtains in the wind. I gasped a little and rushed to my window closing it roughly.

I shook my head as I walked to my bathroom with my school uniform.“It wasn’t open. It wasn’t open. It wasn’t open.”

“Mi Kyung!”My mother knocked loudly on my bathroom door.I jumped about two feet in the air and let out an embarrassing squeal causing her to laugh at me.“Hurry and get downstairs alright?”

I straightened out my uniform as I replied back to her trying to control my voice.“Alright.”

As I heard her footsteps slowly fade away I let out a breath of relief. She really scared me. My mind had been only gravitating around what I saw the day before after school.

Did I really see what I thought I did?Obviously I had. I can’t deny it. Yang Yoseob killed that poor dog yesterday just by touching it.

I cringed in fear.Even thinking his name sent shivers up my spine.

Before I could let my thoughts wander anymore I hit my head slightly.“Mi Kyung stop freaking yourself out. I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding.”

I silently whispered to myself as I walked out of my room with my school bag around my shoulder.“It has to be.”

Once my feet reached the top of the staircase my fingers instantly held onto the railing of the stairs with a light touch.

I’ve always had this weird habit of holding onto the railing of any staircase with an unconscious grace. I had such a big imagination when I was little that I liked to imagine myself as a princess walking down the stair steps with effortless movements.

Although my dad interrupted my day dreaming.“Mi Kyung get down here already.”I looked down the stairs to see him and my mother at the bottom staring up at me like I was the funniest thing they have ever seen.

I let out a sigh.They never really understood the way my mind worked.I quickly ran down the steps and met them at the bottom.“I have to go to school so what’s up?”

They both looked at each other seriously, but that was their usual look. They had their moments of being normal humans, but a lot of the time they were this.

My mom spoke first.“Your father and I have to go on a business trip so we want you to live with a friend of ours for a little bit.”

 It wasn’t unusual for my parents to go somewhere for business, but then again it has never been during the school year. It’s always been during the summer.“Where are you guys going?”

My dad rested his hand on my shoulder“Nowhere really important. Here’s her address we will be gone before you get home from school so just go straight to her house ok?” He handed me a folded paper.

I only nodded obediently.“I understand.”

I didn’t want to tell them about how I was uncomfortable staying with someone else, but then at the same time at least I wouldn’t have to stay in the house by myself.

__________________________________________________________________

School was almost over now and Yoseob and his brothers hadn’t shown up. The whole day I had been seeing his face. Whether it was on the faces of my friends or people I didn’t know, he was everywhere. I tried my best to avoid my thoughts, but no matter how much effort I put into it they always came head on at me.

In the last class of the day I asked the teacher if I could go to the restroom quickly after our test finished. He didn't argue me so I walked out of the room as quickly as possible.

I continuously washed my face furiously in the girls' bathroom. I was surprised my facial features hadn’t disappeared from my face yet.I hesitantly turned off the faucet and looked up into the mirror, but to my horror there standing in the reflection behind me was Yoseob.

I covered my mouth in shock and turned around. Was he really here?He was still in front of me. Yeah he was really here.

I first looked down at his hands. As usual they were concealed by his gloves.“What are you doing in the girls’ restroom?!” That was the only thing I could manage out at the moment. I was still too astounded by his presence in front of me.

He only stared at me though. I attempted at reading his face, but I couldn’t as much as I tried to. It was a side hobby of mine to read people; sometimes people were like an open book.

Him though. He was a different story.

The door opened from my right and I immediately turned to see one of my friends walk in.I turned back to Yoseob in fear of her seeing him, but once I looked back in front of me he was not there anymore.I looked around just to make sure there was nowhere he could have gone, but of course there was no way out. Was it all in my head?

My friend Nakyung was now waving her hand in front of my face.“Mi Kyung! Are you alright?” I tuned back into the present earth and saw her staring at me worriedly.

I figured I would just tell her the truth, but then something inside of me told me to lie. I could not tell her the truth and my life depended on it. That’s how it felt.

“Ummm yeah… I was just feeling a little bit sick, but I’m better now.She shrugged and we both walked out. She only spoke jokingly to me.“You’ve been so weird today you know.”

I smiled with her.“Oh hahah, I suppose so.”

__________________________________________________________________

Walking home was weird.I had to stay after school for field hockey so I was there for a bit, but I left when  it began to get dark.I saw all the girls getting picked up by their parents with jealousy.

My life may have seemed perfect to all of them and it was. I wasn't a victim of poverty even in the slightest, I got along well with a lot of people at school, and I've never had trouble finsing a boyfriend.

Although I wanted to have problems. I wanted to actually see my parents often enough to get in arguments with them. Silly ones like if I could go out on the weekends and so on.  

I also for sure didn’t want to walk home today.

The sky grew darker and darker and the weather began to worsen with its cloudy skies. I attempted at looking for my parents’ friend’s house with a clear head, but the wind began sounding like whispers and every second I felt as if someone was following me.

I would look to my side and see a shadow walking beside me, but then as soon as I turned around nothing would be present. It made no sense how there could be shadows though. There was by now not enough sun light for there to be shadows. That only made my pace speed up.

It began to pour rain. I didn’t care at this point. I had to get inside of some kind of building. I ended up running down the way to my house letting go of any thoughts that I could possibly find my parents’ friend’s house.

I just wanted to feel safe.

My big house soon came into view and as it began to rain  harder I made it to my front porch. Hastily I unlocked the door shoved it open and slammed it closed behind me.  

I let out a breath of anxiety.

My heart was beating double time and my palms’ sweat mixed with the cold raindrops that managed to get on my hands. I rubbed my hands together pulling off my oversized jacket as the heater kicked on.

“Finally I’m home.” Immediately though I all the lights in the house and the tv in the living room.

That's another thing I have a habit of. I can’t stand the quiet and when I’m on edge like I was that very moment. I definitely wanted to block out the scary noises my mind could possibly imagine.

Once everything was up and running I walked upstairs to my room. The day seemed to go by so fast, but it all left a lasting impression on me. Each event involved him.

I walked into my room and instantly my eyes went to my open window. My heart jumped fearfully in my chest. My imagination began to go wild, but I refused to let my mind get the best of me.

I shook my head walking to the window closing it.“The wind must have opened it like last night.” I turned around about to walk to my bathroom to take a shower when suddenly something stopped me.

“The wind didn’t open your window.”My feet froze in place.

That voice…I could recognize it a mile away.I’ve never heard it before yesterday, but let’s just say he left a lasting impression on me. I  turned around once again and long behold there stood the boy whose face tormented my mind all day.

Yang Yoseob in the flesh.

 

 

 

 

Hey there so did you guys like the first chapter? Sorry if it was kinda boring -_- but from the next chapter on there's gonna be LOTS of more stuff going on and the rest of B2st will come in too:)

So ummm usually I like to reply to comments in my stories so I guess I'll start now in this one too lolxD

@AdoringButterflyy- Hey thanks for supporting this story too!:) You're comments are always super supportive lol and btw did you know I posted the last chapter for My "Fake" Boyfriend???

@bunbun16- No problem thanks for reading and commenting hahah:)

~The End~

Thank you guys for subscribing to the story and reading it!:) Though don't be shy tell me your thoughts on if there is anything I need to improve or if you like anything I will happily read lolxP (I couldn't say happily listen cause that wouldn't make sense since tecnichally I read your comments lol) Anyways thanks again and please comment and or subscribe^.^

~Happyfeet