Season of love

DRAWN

Hi Everyone! ^^

Last chapter I told you about the title issue, well, I still don’t know what to do :’D because I really like this title, but the situation is… a little bit (very) embarrassing. Thank you for giving me advices, some of you said just don’t care about it, since the story is not the same. I don’t really know, is there someone who read both mine and the other one? :’I didn't read that one (now I don’t even dare to), so I really don’t know.

So… for the time being I won’t change it (I don’t have other ideas either), but later maybe I will. Until then I’m thinking about other title ideas at least. :)

On the other hand, I was able to update, finally. It took me a while, mainly because of school, sorry :/ (and also, I admit, sometimes I’m a lazy )

( But actually, I had a finished version of the chapter for a while now, but I didn’t like it so I deleted the whole thing and wrote it again. TWICE omg… ToT And I still don’t like it somehow. It’s not perfect, but I can’t seem to find th ebest way to write it. I’m never satisfied with my work. I didn’t even wanted to update the fanfiction itself it ever, because it’s not that great in my opinion…)

But the chapter is here finally. Hope you will enjoy! :)

 


 

"Lee Yong Woo appears in your drama?!" The young woman screamed instantly in disbelief, almost crushing her coffee cup in her hand pouring the dark liquid all over her jacket. But luckily, she didn’t. It would be a shame, as her coat was cream coloured, like vanilla pudding, and rather expensive as well.

Ji Hyo glanced behind her back whether is there anybody who could hear them, then scolded her friend with a sigh.

"Keep quiet, Yeo Jin-ah! Viewers shouldn’t know about it before the broadcast. But yes. He just joined recently."

"Daebak… Daebak!" Yeo Jin grinned happily staring at the distance.

"I didn’t know you were a fan." Ji Hyo mused and sipped at her own coffee, but the cup was almost snatched out from her hand as her dongsaeng gripped her wrist the next second. "What the…"

"Of course I am" Yeo Jin was more cautious now and only whispered the words, though her face looked like as if she wanted to scream. "He is an actor, awesome dancer and at last but not least, good-looking. Really handsome. Charming…"

"Okay, I get it, Iget it..." Sighed the older woman and pulled her hand free. "My god, Yeo Jin-ah…"

"But what is he doing in a historical drama?"

Ji Hyo looked around again, then glanced at her friend. "It’s a minor role, actually. He is a swordsman. A lieutenant, if I’m right, and he leads a special unit. Their fighting moves assemble to dancing, it’s really fascinating to watch."

Yeo Jin’s eyes lit up, but she just shook her head. "I can’t believe it. I’m a fan since ’Dancing 9’"

"Dancing what?" asked the Ace growing, but Yeo Jin just sent her a frustrated look. "Okay, sorry. I don’t watch too much TV."

"You should, these programs are awesome. I’ll tell you about it, since he’s your co-worker now and it’s better to know. It was a dancing reality show, and he was a judge, so…"

Ji Hyo soon lost track of the younger woman’s words, she just stared at the bright blue sky sipping her iced coffee. The weather was really nice that day. Sun shining bright, no clouds, slow, caressing breeze brushing their loose hair lightly, and the sweet scent of spring in the air. The park they visited wasn't a too crowded one. It was almost noon, so they assumed most people were either working, or at home eating lunch, either way, nobody seemed to notice them. They wore hats and light scarfs regardless.

Her filming wouldn't start until one in the afternoon, so she had time to meet up with her friend Choi Yeo Jin. It’s been awhile they could spend time together and just chat about anything, really. It felt nice and relaxing. She loved her colleagues at the filming set, as well as her Running Man members and even her manager… but they were all males. She needed the company of a woman desperately. There are things you just can’t discuss with men, Ji Hyo was too much of a private person for that.

She didn't have time to meet up like this with any female since… since her started filming her current drama. Things were definitely really busy. So she cherished this moment.

"I hope I can see him on TV soon. He must be really appealing in armor."

"He is" Ji Hyo murmured while holding her cup close to , but Yeo Jin still could hear her words.

"Lee Yong Woo, huh?" said the younger woman to noone in particular, looking at the sky. "What a nice man… What do you think about him?" Ji Hyo glanced at her closely, not answering the question, so her friend grinned and gave her more details. "Romantically, I mean."

"WHat are you talking about?" She sighed in disbelief. "What romance? I told you he just came recently. I don’t know him that much yet. We barely greeted each other once."

"Admit it, he is damn handsome." chuckled Yeo Jin.

"Well… he is, but what does this have to…"

"It would be perfect, actually…" murmured the younger not caring about Ji Hyo at all. "You two are the same age if I’m correct. He is barely older than you, unnie. You two are only moths apart."

"Yeo Jin-ah…"

"Why? You are single. Maybe he is, too?"

Ji Hyo slowly halted and sat down on a nearby bench. Yeo Jin followed her example chuckling silently. The older woman just stared at the green trees and grass. Somewhere in the distance some birds were singing sweet songs to each other, and dogs were barking playfully while running around with a happy smile on their faces.

Spring. The season of love. Yeo Jin was right, she was single. And she missed being in a relationship really bad as well, even if it was troublesome sometimes. But it’s not even close to the feeling of helplessness, when you know that the one you like won’t be yours.

She couldn't stop the sigh rolling down her lips. She should be feeling grateful for everything she has, being greedy would not lead anywhere, but she just couldn't brush off the feeling, that something was still missing from her life.

"What is it, unnie?" Ji Hyo glanced at the younger woman, who eyed her worriedly. Again, that expression. How much she hated it. "You are like this lately. Is everything alright?"

Again, a question she couldn’t answer. In general, everything was fine, of course. Her life was full of fun. She wasn't the most famous actress in South Korea, but she certainly has more fame and love from the fans one could ask for. She was able to star in movies and dramas from time to time, as well as in Running Man for six years straight now. She had awesome and caring friends and family and she loved her job – it was more of a hobby, really.

Yet, something was lacking.

Don’t feel down, Ji Hyo-yah. She remembered Jae Suk’s words from a few days earlier. Loving someone is not a sin. It’s a good thing. Be proud of your feelings!

If only it was so easy – she thought.

"Yeo Jin-ah…" Her name left without thinking.

"Yes, unnie?"

"What would you say, if I tell you that… that there is someone… I like?"

She prepared herself for disbelief, ridicule, acceptance, kindness… everything, but not what happened next. She ever wondered what if Yeo Jin knew about her feelings, too, like Jae Suk did. But that can’t be, right? She kept it herself all along.

The younger woman let out a sound that was barely could be considered human. The loud shriek attracted the attention of all people in the park, as well as animals, as dogs turned their head towards then, and pigeons who were scrolling nearby, flew into the sky. She hugged Ji Hyo so tight, she was afraid the strong arms will crush her. Because, oh god, were they strong! Yeo Jin was working out for sure.

"Yeo Jin-ah, Yeo Jin-ah! Please, be quiet!" She tried to calm her down, but it wasn't easy.

Yeo Jin looked down at her and grabbed her shoulders. "Is it true? You love someone? Who is it? Do I know him?"

Even the troubled expression on Ji Hyo’s face couldn’t ease her bliss.

"I don’t want to discuss it out here" murmured Ji Hyo and tried to stood up so she can flee from there, but Yeo Jin grabbed her shoulder, turning her back with a smile on her face. "No, you already said it, you can’t let it like that. I want to know."

"There isn’t really a point to" shrugged her shoulders Ji Hyo. "He doesn’t love me."

"Is he married?" asked the younger woman frankly.

The ace just stared at her blankly for a moment, then shook ker head.

"Girlfriend?" Another headshaking was the only answer. "Then what’s the problem?"

What’s the problem? People mentioning his past on-screen girlfriend in front of him all the time is quite a problem! The blush that sometimes creeps onto his cheeks when he hears the said name, is another one.

Ji Hyo just smiled at her then said. "Because the whole world knows that he likes Yoon Eun Hye."

Yeo Jin’s smile disappeared and her eyes widened in shock getting the pieces together.

The ace just nodded, confirming the silent question coming from the eyes, then, as the arms didn't hold her back anymore, she stood up and walked away in silence. She glanced at the blooming flowers on the trees and by the sidewalk on the ground. The world became so colourful recently. Spring – the season of love. Ironic. The world is laughing at her, reminding her the fact that she is so damn alone.

Suddenly an arm encircled her shoulder pulling her closer.

"That’s not a reason to give up" came the determinade words from Yeo Jin. As much as Ji Hyo could look up at her while her body was held so tightly, she saw the other actress smiling.

"You didn't hear me?" Ji Hyo asked and tried to make herself free from the iron grip. When she succeeded she stopped there and stared at the woman in disbelief. "He loves someone else."

"Don’t get me wrong, but… it’s stupid." Said Yeo Jin honestly. "This whole thing started about ten years ago, right? If there was a possibility for him to get together with her, they would be already married carrying little kids in their arms." Yeo Jin put her hands into her pockets staring at the small lake in the middle of the park. "But I see nothing. No children and no rings on their fingers either."

"Well, maybe…"

"It’s a fact." stated Yeo Jin and turned her head to Ji Hyo grinning. "You still have a chance. Don't let cowardness stopping you from taking a step."

Cowardness. The word echoed in her mind countless times. Something she really didn't associated herself with. She wanted to stay away from Jong Kook, because her feelings aren't mutual. Not because she was a coward.

Or at least that’s what she believed.

They continued their little stroll in the park, chatting about other things, as Yeo Jin could clearly see, that Ji Hyo was really bothered with this matter. But she was glad, if it’s a right thing to say. At least she finally got to know what was on her friend’s mind all along.

When it was time for them to part, as Ji Hyo had to go back to the filming set, the ace stopped again in the nice shade of the trees. Yeo Jin glanced at her and with shining smile she encouraged her unnie to say the thing she wanted ever since they dropped the matter earlier. She knew Ji Hyo was about to discuss something, just don't know how to start.

"It’s his birthday" Ji Hyo spit ot out finally. "There will be a party in two weeks."

"Will you buy him a present?"

The older woman nodded, then finally said. "I will give it to him beforehand, on Monday, probably."

Ji Hyo was clearly troubled where to take this conversation, so Yeo Jin helped her gladly. Her unnie was always there to help her in trouble and encourage her when all she needed was a little push. Now it was the time to return her kindness.

"Don’t worry, unnie" she said gently. "He will be grateful for anything you give him. So don’t stress about that. What you should pay more attention is you."

The older actress just raised her eyebrows questioningly.

"Attract his attention" said Yeo Jin with a grin. "Be the prettiest he’ve seen you in a while. It's easier to wrap him around your finger like that. How you appeare and behave on Running man is not always... ladylike, you know?"

Ji Hyo just sighed a bit again. She didn't want to do this. She just wanted to forget the whole thing. Getting her hopes up about it wouldn't do any good.

But why did she desired it so much? Why did she want to amaze the man so badly that maybe he would finally notice her, see her as a woman, nota s a friend?

Telling Yeo Jin about it maybe was a bad idea. She wanted to ask her to help with forgetting this man.

And here she was. Hopeful all over again.

 


 

Now another person got to know about her secret. I think it’s not someone you would think of at first. :) Aaand, after all those gloomy chapters I felt like writing a little bit lighter one (before the story reaches one of its major angst part, which is actually the next or so chapter :’D Sorry omg, I’m a horrible dramatrash. Please forgive me.)