1/?

Where Is My Prescription?

A large, fast-moving blur speeds past the few people mingling in the air-conditioned area of the hospital wing, a look of fear spread across his features as he dashes by startled patients, to whom he mumbles a soft, "Sorry!" to as he darts down the stairs, using his long legs to jump down two steps at a time.

The poor, frazzled intern stops in his tracks, examining the unfamiliar scenery around him. He's breathing heavily now, trying to compose himself and figure out where he is when a quiet, friendly voice speaks up.

"Hello, Chanyeol!"

A cheerful voice quips as a tall intern strides past him, startling the aspiring doctor who almost drops the stacks of papers in his hands.

Alarmed, the nurse with wide eyes and heart shaped lips rushes to Chanyeol's side, helping to steady the nervous looking boy with steady hands. "Careful, you don't have to be so nervous. No one's going to bite you," the nurse jokes in an attempt to make the giant feel better.

Chanyeol returns the kind gesture with an embarrassed grin. He's a new intern at the Seoul National University Hospital and although he's been here for two weeks, he still can't get used to the fast pace of the hospital or the busy, tense atmosphere of the sick and injured patients that makes the young man on edge and anxious.

The nurse, Do Kyungsoo- he remembers- looks over his notes once he's sure that Chanyeol is capable of standing by himself. He offers the taller man a wide smile. "You have to cut yourself some slack, alright? You'll be fine."

Kyungsoo's comforting words soothes the jumping butterflies in his stomach and he nods, clutching onto the patient's records tighter in his large hands. He knows he must be careful since all the documents in his hands is important information that could be the deciding factor between a person's life or death. He cannot  up.

"Where were you going in such a rush anyways?" Kyungsoo's voice raises in a question as he curiously peers over the giant's arms at the files that Chanyeol was holding.

"The children's wing. I think the receptionist told me that Doctor Byun needs these." Chanyeol's lifts the documents as if to emphasize his point.

"Well, I'd better not keep you waiting then. Doctor Byun can be a bit impatient." Kyungsoo chuckles. "Just make sure not to trip on any kids though. You'd probably bring down the whole building."

Before Chanyeol can give a reply, the small nurse turns away, giving the new intern a wave as he walks in the opposite direction to the surgery department, where Kyungsoo assists the doctor's in handing them the necessary tools they need while giving surgery.

Chanyeol is left to his own thoughts once again and he begins to pick up the pace, taking long strides down the relatively quiet hospital hall. Hospital life is busy, chaotic, and sometimes pretty damn stressful, but at the same time, the giant takes great pleasure when he sees a fully recovered patient being discharged from the hospital or when he sees new bundles of life being brought into the world.

His thoughts bring a smile to his thin lips and he clutches the documents in his arms, pressing them against his broad chest as he makes his way to the metallic, grey elevator and presses the button that leads to the second floor, where the children's wing is located.

Although Chanyeol's never been in the children's section of the hospital, it doesn't take a long time for him to find it. The first telltale sign is when the walls begin to transition from the typical, white hospital walls to brightly colored skies and painted flowers. He's in love with the atmosphere already- so different from the dreary monochoromatic world of the rest of the hospital.

Before he can take another step into his newly colored environment, he has the wind knocked out of his lungs when a tiny bundle body slams into his stomach and catches the giant completely off guard. He holds onto the documents for dear life, thanking whatever supernatural force was out there that he hadn't dropped a single piece of paper.

"Got you, you little rascal!" a raspy voice cuts through Chanyeol's momentary heart attack and a tiny squeal is heard as the weight is lifted off of the giant intern who can only stand there in a daze of confusion and depleting panic.

"Hyung!" the little kid laughs through his small puffs and wheezes as he clings onto the doctor, who Chanyeol notes, has bright orange hair and an equally bright grin to match.

Although the sight of the child's coughing and fragile state pained the tall newbie, the wide grin that colors the small boy's features warms Chanyeol's heart.

Chanyeol is snapped out of his thoughts when the doctor- who Chanyeol has never quite seen before- spoke, addressing the hyper little ball in his arms. "Apologize to hyung!" the children's doctor lightly scolds the kid who's wide grin melts into a more solumn smile as he sheepishly throws Chanyeol a smile. "I-I'm sorry, hyung."

Chanyeol snaps out of his paralyzed state to ruffle the kids dark black hair in his large hand. "It's not a problem, kid. Just make sure you don't get into another accident, alright?" 

The doctor lowers the child from his arms onto the floor as the tiny kid tilts his head up to look at the intern's towering form. His wide eyed innocence has Chanyeol cooing on the inside.

"Yes sir!" the child speaks with a firm resolve as he's set down onto the ground. He bows to both of the doctors before he runs back to the children's play room. "I'll see you later, Doctor Byun!"

Baekhyun waves in farewell before he looks at Chanyeol and an awkward silence replaces the previously energetic atmosphere of the room.

Chanyeol swallows a nervous lump in his throat as he stares at the much shorter man in front of him. 'So this is Doctor Byun,' was Chanyeol's first thought as he carefully analyzes Doctor Byun's features.

The children's doctor was small, at least a head shorter than the intern. He had droopy eyes and shaggy, sunset colored bangs that fell in his eyes. Chanyeol notes the soft pink lips that the doctor sports, the cutest little mole that was dotted just above Doctor Byun's upper lip, and the fact that he's getting closer and closer-

The poor intern almost has a heart attack when he feels cool, dainty fingers brush against the back of his own hands as he takes the stack of records from a baffled Chanyeol's hands.

Chanyeol doesn't realize how long he's been standing there until Baekhyun coughs into his fist and breaks through the silence.

"I'd better go check on my kids," Baekhyun's voice slaps Chanyeol back into reality and he gives Chanyeol a tiny, warm smile that awakens the butterflies in the intern's stomach.

"Thanks for the documents, Park." Baekhyun adds, a cheeky underlying tone in his voice as he walks down the hall, following in the footsteps of the small child that had left just seconds ago.

It takes a few minutes for Chanyeol to realize that Doctor Byun knows his name.