Excited Kiss

Each Kiss

 

Slightly unpolished, so sorry. I just wanted to get this out. Um... a little.... in the begining. I hope I don't corrupt any little kids. 

Excited Kisses- Baby Bump

This time I knew it was real. This time I could feel the slightest bump of a baby protruding from my soft stomach. The product of Seung-jo ah and me. It made me blush to remember that night where Seung-jo was feeling loving.

"Do you know how much I really love you?" he whispered as he trailed kisses down my neck and his hands slipped under my shirt. I gasped as his hands ran higher up my stomach and lightly gripped my sides. He pulled himself up again to kiss my lips this time more fiercely. His mouth eased mine open and his tongue slipped inside, exploring. I gently bit down on his lips and he moaned, deep and low. I arched my back to meet him, need growing in the pit of my stomach making me wanton.

It was raining outside and the curtains were drawn. My senses were in hyper-alert, feeling every small brush against my skin. I leaned up and kissed him back, slowly. My eyes were closed but I could feel every line of his pressing against me and his gentle love.

"I'm sorry I don't say it so often. But I just don't know how to say it," he confessed to me when the lights were dark and the sheets curled around our bodies, touching at all points.

I knew he was showing a very deep part of himself. A side that only ever comes out when the lights are off and no one is looking.

"Seung-jo ah?"  I asked.

"Mmhm."

"Can you kiss me again?"

I could see his white teeth showing in his wide grin even in the dark and he leaned over to oblige me.

I couldn't wait to tell him. No matter that he made fun of me last time when I thought I was pregnant, this time I really was! I wonder how our kids would look like. Seung-jo always complained that he hoped that our kid would get his smarts not mine and I secretly hoped that as well, but I hoped we had a kid who at least looked like me in the slightest.

I suddenly felt inadequate against Seung-jo who was like a shining sun and anything I did paled in comparison to his achievements. But I didn't mind, as long as he was succeeding in his dreams. As long as he was happy with me.

I picked up the phone to call Appa and tell him the joyful news but then held back. Maybe I'd tell everyone all together.

Hm... Maybe I'll tell my friends. I called them and we agreed to meet at the coffee shop down the street.

"You're pregnant!" Joo Ri screamed. "Since when?" She paused and gave me a sly smile. "How?"

My face grew hot and I slapped her arm. “Joo Ri-ah! How could you ask that?" I said, scandalized. My mind flitted back to that night once more and I blushed bright red.

"Ahh! She's blushing!" Joo Ri squealed with Go Min-ah. "So they actually do do things other than argue and hold hands!" Joo Ri said.

Go Min-ah looked at me and smiled gently. "Congratulations on the baby. What gender do you want it be?"

I bit my lip in though. A girl would be nice because I could take her out shopping and we could talk together. But a boy would be nice as well because I could teach him to be a great man and boys were just so cute easy to spoil.

"Either would be fine," I said truthfully and I asked them to hold on while I picked up the call I was getting on my phone.

"Ha Ni, do you want to go somewhere?  I'm getting off early today," I heard Seung-jo ah's smooth voice ask me.

My jaw dropped for a minute and I couldn't bring myself to say anything. My friends gave me worried looks and I waved my hand to show I was ok.

"Ha Ni?" Seung-jo asked again. "Hello?"

"Ah!" I exclaimed. "I'm at the coffee shop. I'd love to go somewhere. You didn't tell me that you were getting off early!" The words tumbled out of my mouth quickly.

I heard him chuckle on the other side of the line. "I made lunch. We should go to the park or something."

I almost squealed out loud but then stopped myself. Be calm, I reminded myself.

"Ok I'll be home in ten minutes. Be ready."

I hung up and looked at my friends. "He called and we're going on a date!" I let my happiness fly and jumped up and down in my seat. "I'm going guys, I have to meet him at home in ten."

They looked me, their happiness for me making me feel so very grateful. "Go!" They ushered me out and I jogged back home careful not to disturb the baby inside of me.

/_-_-_\

I grabbed the other side of the doted yellow and white blanket Seung-jo had brought. We set it gently in the soft grass and I plopped down in the middle.

I looked up from my spot in the blanket to his face that looked at me with amusement in his eyes.

"You're silly," he simply stated and carefully sat down. He looked stiff and uncertain about what to talk about. I rolled my eyes my eyes at his formal posture.

"Seung-jo ah, I have something to tell you."

He raised his eyebrows and his lips tilted up in a small smile. "Go ahead."

I took a deep breath. "I'm pre-"

I was cut off by Seung-jo's laughter. I looked at him in surprise, seeing how rare it was to hear a full laugh from him.

He said in between sputters of laughter, "Don't tell me you’re pregnant. Isn't it just indigestion like last time?" 

I stared at him blankly. I had no idea what to say. What could I say when he had dismissed me so flatly? My stomach felt like it was knotting into a tight ball and I felt as if my heart was on the ground. I wanted to puke.

"Are you okay?" Seung-jo asked me, slight nervousness coloring his features.

I forced myself to swallow and I looked down, avoiding his face. Heat flooded my cheeks in shame and embarrassment.

There was silence between us for a tense few minutes.

"You... You're not pregnant, are you?" Seung-jo asked shakily.

I shot to my feet, vertigo making me sway. He reached up to steady me but I took a step away from him. A flash of hurt flickered across his face but I didn't feel an ounce of guilt. I kept my face smooth and walked away from him. I wanted to get away from here. Was having a baby really that bad? Did he have to be so rude and thoughtless?

I hopped onto the next bus and stared angrily outside, not focusing on the passing colors but my whirling thoughts inside instead. 

/_-_-_\

Seung-Jo POV:

Anger bubbled inside of me. I had absolutely no filter in my mouth and no sensitivity.

I could only stare dumbly after Ha Ni as she walked away, tears falling down her cheeks. Her peach dress flowed around her small form making her look even sweeter and I wondered what was wrong with me that I would drive someone that sweet to tears.

I had thought that I was doing a good job, asking her on an impromptu date but I had screwed it all up when she dropped that bomb on me. The only way I could deal with the shock had been laughing. I couldn't comprehend being a father already when we were both so young.

My mind flashed back to that night where we had made love. Had it been that night or maybe in the other times we had done it in the following weeks?

I knew that we had used protection, but I remember...

Oh. Oh. I remembered now when we hadn't used it. We were married and it had been a very careless thing on my part.

How would we have time for a baby? We hadn't had planned for anything; not counting the items that we had gotten from our parents when Ha Ni ah had thought that she was pregnant, we had next to nothing for a baby.

No doubt Omma and Appa would be exuberant and I knew that even my little brother would love a baby, but...

I don't know what was wrong with me. I was being pessimistic and I had to bring others down with me. Suddenly I got up on my feet and quickly pack the uneaten food and rolled up the blanket. I shoved all the stuff into the basket and ran to the car. Maybe I could beat her home. I would explain myself more clearly. It wasn’t that I wasn’t excited, I was just nervous. Nervous that I wouldn’t be a good enough father.

I reached home quickly but she wasn’t there.

I’m sorry. I texted her but I didn’t get a reply.

I called her next. Maybe she was too angry to come inside with me there as well.

My feet paced across the grass worriedly. I checked my phone constantly yet there was still no message or calls. My mouth was dry and I was starting to worry; it was getting dark outside.

Can we talk? I texted her once more. Where was she? I suddenly grew worried for her and for the small life inside of her as well. Despite my initial negative reaction I was already feeling a fierce protective feeling towards our baby. Our baby. It sounded weird the more I thought it over, but it wasn’t a bad sort of feeling.

I grabbed my coat and went out to the car. Maybe if I drove around I find her walking around. I knew that   the chances of finding her like that were small but I didn’t want to call mom and dad and alarm them, although I was getting quite alarmed myself.

I drove around for over an hour but I still couldn’t find her. She wasn’t picking up her calls either. I speed back home hoping to check there once more before calling the police.

The TV was on in the living room and I turned the corner and expected to see my little brother but instead I saw Ha Ni-ah sitting on the couch in her pajama eating from a tub of ice cream. I almost flew in a rage seeing her sitting there so peacefully and not knowing how much I worried over her, but I took a breath and instead decided to apologize.

“Oh Ha Ni,” I whispered as I bent down close to her ear behind her. She jumped and dropped the spoon on the ground. She obviously had not forgotten our previous exchange as she glared at me, picked up the spoon, and walked away to deposit it into the sink.

I walked and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her towards me. She came meekly but didn’t say a word. I bent down to kiss her cheek and mumbled an apology. I turned her towards me so I could look her in the eyes.

“Ha Ni-ah, I am so very sorry. I am excited for this baby. Maybe a little scared.”

Her features softened but she didn’t say anything. I leaned closer to her lips and looked at her, asking for permission without words. She didn’t pull away and I touched my mouth to hers, showing her that I was glad that were having this baby together.

Her lips grazed mine and I pushed back until she was slightly bent over the cold counter. I lowered my hand so that it protected her from the cold hardness of the table. Her hands came up until they gripped my hair tightly and I opened my mouth, breathing in the sweet taste of my wife.

I pulled back and touched our foreheads together. “I’m excited,” I told her earnestly and kissed her once more. 

Yes, I know I just succumbed to the baby cliche. Sorry, don't kill me :P