Dilemma

Love Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When you are in a dilemma means you need to make choices. And that makes things difficult."

"Her ID tag on her waist."

After when he mentioned about the tag, everyone eyes start searching and focus on the tag which is on Shin Hye. Although it was small but it is clearly written Doctor Park Shin Hye. He paused and lets out a light smile, "I think is clear enough to know that you are a doctor with that." All of them were stunned with what he said except for Shin Hye, whose gaze is on him. While everyone still frozen in place, Shin Hye walks towards him. She took a a sharp intake of breath before looking at him, "Well, it seems like it doesn't take you long enough to know what is my occupation. Since you already guessed correctly of my occupation, do you know what I am thinking right now?"

Joong Ki's brows creased and looked at her in confusion. Shin Hye chuckled sarcastically. "Wae? Big Boss right? No idea what am I thinking? I guess you ain't smart after all." Jong Suk and Jong Hyun silently gulping down their saliva. They know she is getting herself in trouble, maybe them too. But before they could stop her, Shin Hye speaks again. "Are you the one that is responsible for my brother's injury then?" She then turns back and shifted her gaze at Jong Hyun. All of them including Min Ho are shocked of the situation. For them, they never dare to talk this way to Joong Ki, not even when they are off duty. But looking at how Shin Hye talks to him right now, it frightened her two brothers. 

"S-Shin Hye-ah." Jong Suk trying to reduce the tension between the two of them. He then pulls her away and tells her, "It is not Big Boss's fault. If is not......." He didn't able to finish his sentences because of Shin Hye's blazing eyes was piercing at him. He knew that she won't listen anything for now. So he quickly changed the topics. "Shin Hye. Just now the nurse asked about Jong Hyun's details. Since you are a doctor, you know what medicine Jong Hyun Oppa is allergic to. Why don't you look for the nurse and tell her. I think is better for you to go. I will be here to look after Jong Hyun. I will take very good care of him." Shin Hye knows is just an excuse from Jong Suk to prevent her continue talking to Joong Ki. She was hesitated in the beginning but later on, she worried they might provide Jong Hyun some medicine which will worsen his condition, she decided to lets him off this time and went out to look for the nurse. 

"Wow. Your sister is daebak." Min Ho whispered softly to Jong Hyun after she left the wad. Jong Hyun bits his bottom lips and didn't know what to reply. He didn't expect Shin Hye acted in this way and although he knows how fierce is her, but this is the first time he witnesses it. He slowly shifted his gaze at Joong Ki, "Mianhe, Big Boss. My sister......." 

"Kwenchana. You should be glad that you have a sister that cares for you a lot. Alright. I will go off first. Take a good rest." Joong Ki cuts him off as he knows that Jong Hyun and Jong Suk already feel bad of how Shin Hye treats him. He smiles back at them, indicating that he is alright. 

"Bye. Big Boss. Salute." the three of them greeted Joong Ki and waves goodbye. 

 

After Joong Ki left, Min Ho also left. When Shin Hye came back, she didn't see Joong Ki. "I know you purposedly send me to look for the nurse." She said as her eyes were staring coldly at Jong Suk. Jong Hyun tries to tell her that if it wasn't Joong Ki, the injury that he is having right now could be severe, but before he could says anything, Jong Suk just shakes his head and mouthed to him not to continue. They know her character. 

"Shin Hye. How come you are here?" asked Jong Suk. 

"I was here for a medical conference. Wae? If not because I'm here, I guess both of you won't tell me about this. Am I right?" she questioned them.

"Ani. We just don't want you to be worry. Kwenchana. See Oppa is fine." says Jong Hyun. He tried to cheer her up, "Don't worry. Look at you. You must be tired. I can see the dark circle under your eyes. Pali. Pali. Hyung will fetch you home and rest. You can come tomorrow, arraso." 

"Oppa, are you sure? I can stay back and accompany you." Shin Hye said.

"Go back with Hyung. Both of you had a long day and need rest. Come see me tomorrow. Okie." he insisted. "If anything, I will call you. Go back. Is late. Don't let Eomma and Appa worried. Palli. Go back. Oppa needs to rest now." he then lie down and close his eyes, pretend to sleep. 

"Hm. Take care." Shin Hye said. Taking the last glance at Jong Hyun before she leaves the wad with Jong Suk. 

~~~

When both of them in the car, on their way home. Jong Suk told Shin Hye that Joong Ki actually saved Jong Hyun, if wasn't him, she might not be able to talk to Jong Hyun like just now. Jong Suk is worried when he sees her keep quiet after what he told her. He knows his sister is feeling guilty and now blaming herself for being so harsh on Joong Ki.

"Kwenchana?" asked Jong Suk.

"Oppa. Was I really rude to him?" Shin Hye asked him back. 

Jong Suk didn't know what to answer her, knowing her character, he knows she is already feeling very bad right now after what he told her. "Big Boss is a great man. He knows you are just caring for Jong Hyun. He won't remember what happened just now. Trust me."

"B-But I was insulting him in front of you guys. Ottoke?!" Both her hands covering her face. "What if he gets revenge on you guys? Omo. Ottoke?"

Jong Suk chuckles, "We are working as a team. He is not our enemy, why would he do that? Plus, don't forget he did saved Jong Hyun." He assures her, "Big Boss is not that kind of person. Although I don't work long with him, but I know he is not like what you think."

"Oppa." Shin Hye looks at Jong Suk with those puppy eyes again. 

It seems like Jong Suk can reads Shin Hye's mind, he knows what she is asking, "You can use my phone to send a text to him." He takes out his mobile from his pocket and then passed it to Shin Hye. 

"Gomawo, Oppa." Shin Hye said with a big smile on her face.

~~~

On the other side, after Joong Ki left the hospital. He went home straight. It was indeed a long day for him as well. After taking his dinner, he went to take a quick shower. He came out with a towel wrapped around his waist. Grabbing a hair dryer from the side table, he took it and start drying his hair. Just then, he heard a message tone came in. He picks up his mobile and saw a text from Jong Suk. 

죄송합니다. 내 오빠 를 저장 주셔서 감사합니다. Sorry. Thank you for saving my brother.

He chuckled while reading the text. He didn't expect that she will apologized to him. Must be Jong Suk. Of course he knows that this message is not sent by Jong Suk but the woman that he met earlier and was talking to him in those unpleasant tone. Judging from the text that he received, he assumed that Jong Suk could have told her everything and she must be feeling guilty and bad about it. Seems like I'm no longer responsible for his brother's injury. He puts down his phone and continue drying his hair. Sorry. Thank you for saving my brother. But after a few seconds, he picks up his mobile again and click on her message again. Is good manners to reply people. He said to himself deep inside his heart. He clicked 'reply' and start typing. Only after few rounds of deleting and writing and deleting, the text message is done. He lets out a soft sigh and then hits the 'send' button. 

 

"He replied?" Shin Hye said in a surprised tone when Jong Suk told her that Joong Ki replied. She was anxious while waiting for his reply, not knowing why, but she feels bad after being so rude to someone that saved her brother. Jong Suk passed her his mobile and asked her to check the message herself. When she opens the text, she just stares blankly at the screen. What? This means what? Is he still angry or he forgives me? Being annoyed, she just passed back the mobile to Jong Suk and then walked away back to her room.

"Wae?" Jong Suk asked. He saw her face expression being annoyed and wonder what message did Joong Ki's reply. When he saw the reply, he smiled inside his heart. 

=)

"So this is why she is mad. What kind of reply is this." Jong Suk mumbling to himself. Although he had been working with Big Boss for few years, but he still unable to understand his sort of humor sometimes, and most of the time, he is unreadable. Libra's character, Shin Hye likes things to be clear and transparent, no doubt she is mad when she received such am ambiguous type of message from Joong Ki. This is interesting. Somehow Jong Suk feels there is something between the two of them, he feels that this is just the beginning of it. 

~~~

A sudden bright light began to seep through the window as the morning sun crept over the horizon, causing Joong Ki's eyes to snap open, only to close just as quickly. He quickly pulled his covers over his head and let out a soft irritated groan, still rather tired since he went to bed late. Yesterday's events began flooding through his mind, how they were carried out mission, how Jong Hyun's got injured, and especially how he met her in hospital. After a few minutes, he slowly pulled the covers off his head. Sleepily but he managed to get himself out of the bed and made his way into the bathroom. He took off his pajama shirt and sleepily looked at himself in the full-length mirror. Only then, he realized that his back got a cut. Recalling back that he got injured when he was in the mission and when he was trying to rescue the hostages. He didn't realized the wound and didn't know that he was injured until now he sees it on the reflection of the mirror. It hurts when he gently touch the wound. "Aish...I will fix you later." Letting out a soft groan, he went to the sink and splashed some cold water onto his face. While he is brushing his teeth, he suddenly thought of Shin Hye. The scene of her questioning him had been playing non-stop in his head. Park Shin Hye. Her eyes. Her beautiful face. Everything about her attracts him when he first saw her. Looking at his wound, he suddenly smiles. Very quickly he cleaned up himself and head to a place where his heart telling him to go. 

 

Samsung Medical Hospital. Besides remembering her name on the ID tag. He remembered that he saw the hospital name as well. Joong Ki is very sure that she is working in that hospital because the one they were at was Haesung Hospital. To ensure that he got the right hospital, he even called up to Samsung Medical Hospital to verify if there is a doctor named Park Shin Hye and he got it right. She is a General Surgeon of Samsung Medical Hospital. 

~~~

"I'm looking for Dr. Park. P-Park Shin Hye." Joong Ki asked the nurse who is on duty. 

The nurse answered, "Dr Park? She just went out to the ward. Probably she will be back soon. But how soon, I'm not sure."

Joong Ki nodded and says, "Alright. I will wait for her here." But the nurse told him that he could wait inside another waiting room which is special for Shin Hye's patient. So he went in and waited. About an hour later, Shin Hye is back. She went through the list of files registered and those that she attended, she asked the nurse to prepare the medicine list as per her instruction. 

"Is there anymore patient?" asked Shin Hye. The nurse shakes her head, but just before she walks into her room, the nurse recalled about Joong Ki and told her, "Dr. Park. Sorry that I forgot there is someone looking for you." Shin Hye tilted her head to the left and in confusion, wondering who is looking for her. The moment she pushes the door open, she sees a familiar face and figures. It is him. 

When Joong Ki sees Shin Hye walking in, he smiles. With the white robes on her, she looks even gorgeous, just like an angel. Without waiting further, he stood up and greeted her politely. But he was taken back when he saw the face reaction from Shin Hye. 

"Y-You?" said Shin Hye. 

Joong Ki chuckles, "Yes. Is me. And we meet again." 

Seeing Joong Ki reminds of his reply to her. She got agitated and annoyed. "Why are you here?" asked Shin Hye. He didn't answer her right away but keeps staring at her and smiles. She feels slightly uncomfortable of what is happening and tried to shift her gaze looking at other side. A few seconds later, she shifted her gaze back at him, trying to know why is he here, she cleared , "How come you are here? And how do you know I'm here?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter