Drunk in Love

It's Only Love that We're Falling In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 1:   Drunk in Love          #MiChaeng

(inspired by Sixteen, do check out Mina's dance cover of 'drunk in love' in ep 4 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMaUON2p1LU

 

 

In a practice studio at JYPE.  

It is about 11pm. A beautiful girl with dark silky long hair was practicing a dance routine which has a mix of contemporary dance and hip hop.

Her slender body moved flawlessly along with the rhythm of the music, “Drunk in Love” playing in the background. Exuding grace and elegance, her flexibility was an icing on the cake.

She stared straight at her reflection in the mirror so as to perfect her own facial expressions. Sweat beads can be seen on her forehead but she carried on dancing without taking a rest.

 

 

Next door.

 

Chaeyoung just ended her practice. After stretching her back, she collected her bag and decided to call it a day. However, as she walked out, she realised that lights were still on in the practice studio next to hers. Out of curiosity, she went over to check if anyone is there.

Chaeyoung glanced into the glass door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Just about the same time, the girl who was practicing hard just now, slipped.

“Ouch!” she cried as she crashed onto the ground.

 

“Bang!” the door immediately opened and Chaeyoung barged in.

 

“Mina! What happened? Are you okay?”

 

Mina, who was caressing her ankle, looked into the mirror and saw the girl who came in.

“Oh! Chaeyoung!” She said with a forced smile as she turned around.

Noticing her pained expression, Chaeyoung rushed over and knelt down beside Mina.

“Are you okay?! Did you sprain your ankle again!” She frowned as she noticed Mina’s swollen ankle.

Mina was taken aback by her slightly harsh voice. Why is she mad at me?

 

“Answer me Mina!”

Snapped back to reality by Chaeyoung’s sudden hold on her shoulder, she lifted her head to stare at the girl’s face.  

Only then did she realise that Chaeyoung was just worried.

 

 

“… Yes, uh, I accidentally slipped on my own sweat…but I should be alright now.” Mina answered softly. She was a bit scared that Chaeyoung would think of her as a clumsy person or a bad dancer.

 

Mina then tried to stand up on her own.  

But the moment she landed her right foot,  

“Ahh..” An excruciating pain escalated from her ankle. The unbearable pain caused her to hiss and cold sweat formed on her forehead.

In just a few seconds, she was already falling backwards, as the pain seared through her ankle with terrible intensity. Her body was so exhausted that she couldn’t stop the fall.

 

Oh no, this fall is going to be bad. This thought crossed her mind as she closed her eyes in reflex.

 

 

 

Out of expectation, a pair of hands caught her firmly from the back.

Her eyes fluttered open, only to be greeted by a pair of beautiful brown orbs, filled with anxiety and concern.

 

 

“Mina!”

Chaeyoung cried out just as soon as the girl was secured in her arms.

 

Her heart almost stopped when she watched Mina fell backwards unexpectedly. Luckily, her quick reflex enabled her to rush to Mina before her body hit the floor. She didn’t dare to imagine what would have happened if she didn’t catch her on time. Mina would have hurt her back or even her head, if it was serious.

She looked down and saw a pair of lips, as pale as snow. And the girl in her arms was drenched in sweat.

Oh dear… How long did Mina practice today… Chaeyoung thought as she mentally reminded herself to stop this girl from over exerting herself again.

 

 

“My ankle hurts…” Mina murmured slowly as her mind and body was still recovering from the sudden fall.


Mina glanced at the clock and realised it’s almost midnight already. She didn’t want to hold back the younger girl so she tried to struggle out of her hold and said,

“Chaeyoungie, it’s late already. Go back to the dorm first. I just need some time to rest and I will be okay.”

 

Instead, Chaeyoung tightened her grip around Mina’s waist and shoulde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter