Knives-Orihara Izaya (Durarara!!)

Anime One Shot Collection

The city of Ikebukuro was as usual bustling with people and it was peaceful until a signpost could be seen sailing through the air and followed by a shout as all the pedestrian watched a man being chased by a blond bartender.

‘IIIIZAAAAYYYYAAAAAA!!!!!!!’ Shizuo yelled, ripping another signpost out of the ground to throw at Izaya again. ‘I told you not to come back to Ikebukuro, you bastard!’ Izaya evaded signpost swiftly, smirking at a fuming Shizuo who was glaring hard at him. ‘I feel the love, Shizu-chan~’ He laughed and only made Shizuo even angrier.

Shizuo was about to run after him when he was hit by a truck, Izaya laughed when he saw it and took this as an opportunity to escape. ‘Come back here… And let me kill you… Idiot!!!’ He lifted the truck much to the crowd’s amazement and proceeded to throw it in an attempt to squash him under the weight.

Izaya knew at that moment, he could not run fast enough to avoid being squashed. Maybe this was it for him and waited for the impact to come but it never did. He opened his eyes to find a woman in her early-twenties who blocked the truck with just a hand, this ignited his curiosity to find out more about her as she walked away.

Izaya was disappointed when he couldn’t find any matches but he didn’t give up and went searching for her every day until he found her one night, sitting on a park bench with lots of unconscious people surrounding her. She only stared at the moon longingly and didn’t even bother to wipe off the blood that was trickling down her chin.

‘You can stop hiding in the bushes now, Izaya-kun.’ You said as you snapped out of your trance. ‘Aww… I was having fun observing you here.’ He said with a pout which made you cringe internally. ‘What business do you have with me?’ You said flatly, getting straight to the point. ‘Nothing really, I just love observing, Vampire-san.’ He emphasized the word ‘vampire’ with a smile.

‘I’m not surprised about how you knew my true nature, information broker.’ You crossed your arms and smiled slightly at the shocked look on his face. ‘What’s your name?’ He asked. ‘What’s it to you? So you can sell me off to Kiani Shingen for his crazy experimentations? I will not have that, Izaya-kun.’ You wiped the blood off and left him but he caught up, asking even more questions.

‘Are you new here? Where are you from?’ You decided to entertain him to stop his annoyance from rubbing on you. ‘I’m from England but I’m Romanian of Russian descent and no, I’ve been here for a very long time. Before you were even born, Izaya-kun.’ You answered in your native, thick Romanian accent. ‘How is it that you’re able to live here without me knowing? I have information on all the people who live in this city!’ He asked again, his curiosity showing.

‘My dear Izaya-kun, there is an expression called ‘Curiosity killed the cat’ where I come from. There are things about you are better off not knowing, it’s not something you humans can comprehend and off all people, I think you know it the best when I say information comes at a very high price. This is where we part and I hope I don’t meet you again, Izaya-kun.’ You waved slightly and disappeared into the shadows.

‘Interesting.’ He mumbled to himself. Once he got home, he immediately logged on to his laptop and searched the internet about vampires in a frenzy. ‘What are you searching for?’ Namie asked. ‘Why? Are you interested?’ He stopped to smirk at the woman. ‘No, it’s just that the sound of you typing away on the keyboard and you clicking the mouse is interrupting the peace I’m having.’ ‘What a cold response, not that I haven’t anticipated that coming from you. But if you must know, I’m researching about vampire legends. Interested?’ He asked, his gaze not leaving the screen as he took in the information presented before him. ‘Not in the least.’ Came the reply and the atmosphere became silent once again.

He checked all the information on all the websites he could possibly find but none of them matched your traits. You didn’t have cold skin but you did have abnormally bright aquamarine eyes and slight pointy ears, inhuman strength and what he suspected to be mind-reading powers. Your craving for blood wasn’t that terrifying but after seeing the mass of people that collapsed in the park, he was convinced otherwise.

Izaya tried another search by typing in ‘Elder Vampire’ and he did a small fist pump when he saw the matching traits as he continued to scroll down the page. He found out that elder vampires are generally more human-like in appearance compared to their predecessors who are more beastly-looking, they are more powerful than average vampires and are said to possess more than one affinity.

They are also invulnerable to the sun’s scorching rays, even standing under direct sunlight will not affect them since their bodies are able to change temperature at will to match the temperature of their current environment. Elder vampires hold sovereignty over normal vampires, most vampires choose to live in covens but there are elder vampires who roam as nomads.

Elder vampires don’t pose as much threat as the other species of vampires, they are generally much tamer and desire peace to live among humans. Their craving for blood is lower and most of them could be found feeding once a month. They are much like endangered species, only so few of them left. Processing the information in his head, he knew where to pinpoint your location next as he smirked to himself.

You were currently sitting at the edge of a building, it was over twenty stories tall but you didn’t care, the wind up here feels nicer and colder than below. Your face scrunched into a mask of annoyance when you smelled the familiar scent, you don’t even need to turn around to know who just walked through the door.

‘What is it that you want from me, Izaya-kun? Why are you so annoying?’ You asked as he sat down beside you. ‘As you already have known, I love observing people, whether they’re humans or not.’ ‘You are very weird, you know that?’ ‘So I’ve been told, not surprising.’ He shrugged and started playing with his knife.

‘Kids like you shouldn’t be playing with knives, didn’t your mother taught you that?’ You asked cynically. 'Well, I wasn’t exactly a good kid back in the days so…’ He drawled. ‘At least you had a childhood.’ Izaya snapped his head and saw you staring at the moon again like the first time. ‘Why? You don’t?’

‘If you must know, vampires are not raised with affection and love like humans. Once we are born and reach a suitable age which in my case, five years old, a very unusual age to mature even for elder vampires. I am a pureblood elder vampire, the first in line for the throne of Konstantinov-Mikhail—the first family to exist in the world of vampires.’ You explained, you didn’t know why you were explaining it to him while knowing that he’s an information broker.

For all you knew, he could’ve sold the information to anyone who was interested in getting your head for the sake of money. Feeling that you’ve sat here long enough, you stood up and brushed invisible dust specks off your trench coat. Even though you were Romanian with Russian blood flowing in your veins and raised in England, you didn’t have a place you could call home.

‘So you’re half-Russian and half-Romanian with English nationality?’ Izaya asked as he stood up. ‘Da, if that’s how you look at it. My father is Romanian so technically, I’m a Romanian if you don’t count my mother’s side.’ ‘Huh. Interesting. So you’re like Simon, have you met him?’ He twirled the knife in his hand expertly, he hasn’t stopped doing that even when he was talking to you.

‘Semyon Brezhnev, I know he works at Russia Sushi, I know. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to return to my residence.’ You were prepared to jump down until he tugged at your coat. ‘What do you think you’re doing, Izaya-kun?’ You glared at him, your canines showing. ‘It’s a twenty-story plunge, you do the math!’ He exclaimed.

‘Is that concern on your face that I see, Izaya-kun? Rest assured, this is the least of your worries if you were a vampire like me.’ You laughed slightly, surprising him. ‘You look pretty when you smile, you should do that often.’ He blurted out, surprising himself yet again. He had never complimented any woman nor did he even put an effort into complimenting anyone but it was different when it came to you. Your cold personality somehow drew out something he had never been.

‘Heh, never thought you would complimented me like that but thank you. Farewell.’ ‘Wait, take me with you.’ He requested. A shocked look spread across your face upon hearing his crazy request. ‘Are you insane? You’d never survive the plunge!’ ‘Is that concern I see on your face? Trust me.’ After repeating your words, he linked hands with yours and jumped down the building, dragging you together with him.

‘You crazy bastard! Now I understand why Shizuo wants you dead!’ You yelled. Izaya said nothing, only smirking and the next thing you knew, everything felt like it slowed down to a halt the moment he kissed you. And everything connected, the reason why you left England, abandoned the throne, you set out to find the one who would make you whole—the one who has the other half of your heart.

All your life, you knew what to expect, what was expected of you from the people around you and the things you expected to happen in the future but what you didn’t see it coming was the man who would come and wreck your peaceful life—Orihara Izaya.

Driven by instinct, your piercing bright blue eyes, now a shade of cyan burned into his orbs, imprinting on his soul and claiming his as yours and you plunged your canines into his neck. Right at the place where his blood flow was the most concentrated and the sweetest.

The Changing ritual was already done before you even landed softly on the ground with Izaya in your arms, unconscious and with your blood trickling off his lips. Under the safe covers of the shadows, you reached your suite swiftly and set him down on a recliner and waited for him to wake up as you read some books.

‘I didn’t even know you have an amazing set of knives of your own, (F/N).’ You snapped your head up at his voice and immediately dashed to his side. ‘Feeling better? And who said you could use my first name?’ You . ‘It feels different but I’ll get used to it. So, you get to use my first name and I don’t get to call yours? I think I’m entitled to calling you that especially when I’m your lover now. Besides, calling you ‘Konstantinov-Mikhail’ is just too damn long and weird.’ Izaya ranted.

‘Fine.’ You huffed. You and him then spent the rest of the night sleeping next to each other silently, enjoying and basking in each other’s presence. You were happy that you found your other half after a lifetime of searching.