Record 09

Mavericks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Record #09

 

Jimin wasn't as tall as Taehyung or Jungkook. He was just a few centimeters taller than me. He had an innocent eye smile and fair white skin. Ears pierced, as the other two boys, but he had more. Three on the left and two right.

He looked approachable, kind and playful, attribute I've noticed in Taehyung and Jungkook too. He seemed spirited and funny.

 

When I was about to speak, two other boys appeared from the corner. Once was as tall as Jimin and his hair was dyed in light blonde. The other had dark hair and high cheeks. The moment they saw me, they eyed me cautiously. I blinked as I took a step behind.

 

"Don't scare her," Jimin said as he lifted his arm to prevent them getting closer. "She's Gyo Eunbyul, the new girl Anri told us about."

 

Once they heard my name, both smiled and apologized. They introduced themselves too. The blonde was Suga formerly named as Min Yoongi and the one with the big smile was J-Hope, Jung Hoseok was his birth name.

 

"Funny nicknames," I said trying to break the ice.

 

"We get that a lot," Suga said with a proud smile.

 

"As strange it might sound,” J-Hope added. “We chose them ourselves according to our personalities."

 

I nodded and wondered if Jimin had a nickname even when he had introduced himself with his full name. He noticed me looking his way and rubbed his neck.

 

"I don't go around calling myself with weird names," he said with a shy smile. "I prefer my name."

 

The nicknames were supposed to hide our identity to whoever want to harm us. It will hide our humanity and show our disguise. Yet sometimes I don’t get to understand those bad sides. I’ve been using my name all this years and I’m still good. But I believe I still need to face the down sides of it. I’m still new to this new experiences.

 

"If you wonder, it’s not dangerous," he said as he shook his head. "At least, that's what I think."

 

"Jimin and Jungkook are the only ones using their birth names," J-Hope said as resting his arm on Jimin's shoulder. "We even came with nicknames for them, but they turned down our suggestions."

 

"Hey, who will want to be call Chim Chim or Minnie all the time? It's embarrassing," Jimin complained.

 

"Baby G was good," Suga added. "And I still think it suits you."

 

Jimin glared at him. "Suga, just don't, please."

 

Suga lifted his arms as innocent and I couldn't help but smile at the random, but truly embarrassing nicknames.

 

I saw J-Hope and Jimin's face in astonishment and wondered what happened.

 

“Is something wrong?” I felt the nervousness in my tone

 

“Sorry if we startled you,” J-Hope said and covered his laughing lips.

 

Jimin turned to me, kind of embarrassed to admit his thoughts. “The thing is you look prettier and innocent when smiling. And more approachable when showing that side of you.”

 

Their answers made my cheeks turn into deep shades of red. It was due to my innocent and carefree side, which I tend not to show so often.

 

“Guys, try not to flirt with her,” Suga added shaking his head with a disapproving smile.

 

The boys were back from an expedition mission in another Senrate. I got to know their Hybrid's souls and roles in the company too. Jimin had the cat soul which explained his good balance. J-Hope and Suga were just soldiers, but they were part of the group because of their young age range and closeness to the others. They tend to be often partnered up with the Hybrids in BHE.

 

And by the little time talking with them I noticed some points of their personalities. J-Hope reflected a bright, playful and cheerful charisma. And Suga was straight to the point. Really direct and honest.

 

After the little encounter, they had to report themselves and they dragged me along. We reached an office room at the end of the hallway. The place was clean, big and full with technology. I noticed Anri’s desk full with paperwork and Jungkook behind a computer’s monitor with earphones on a few meters away.

 

The few people around here looked busy. Everyone has the same office attire. Gray slacks, black shoes and white shirts. When they passed near us, they greeted us, the boys greeted back and so did I. I’m not going to lie, it was pleasant to be respect by the workers.

 

The boys got to greet Anri, who looked excited when noticed them, and they annoyed Jungkook, who cursed at his friends with an amiable smile. Then Taehyung appeared and suddenly the room became really loud. Everything heard was jokes and funny experiences. They all gathered where Jungkook was sitting. I noticed Anri shaking her head when seeing them and let them be as she continued with her multiple tasks. I got near her and asked if I could help her with anything. She just told me to watch over the boys and made sure they don’t break anything. I laughed and nodded. As I approached them, I heard whispers from J-Hope and Jimin, all the boys were laughing and I swear Taehyung’s cheeks turned a bit red. I couldn’t hear what they were talking because as soon as I reached them, they changed topics. J-Hope noticed me and dragged me next to him with a bright smile. His arm rested on my shoulder and treated me like a pal.

 

They started throwing random questions at me. Jimin asked me from which Senrate I belonged. Suga about what I’m good at, which is hunting, climbing, but I’m kind of slow at it, and singing, but didn't say this out loud. And even narrated how I met Anri, Jungkook and Taehyung.

 

They were getting to know me, but I couldn't ask back because of how fast they filled me with questions.

 

“And have you ever had a boyfriend?” J-Hope asked. All eyed me with curious eyes. I blinked and shook my head innocently. Never had it crossed my mind. I had crushes at school, but I was really shy to approach anybody. I just keep my feelings inside and watch people from afar. They were all surprised when I said so. I received weird looks to which I giggled. I wasn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter