Record 13

Mavericks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Record #13

When I heard Jimin’s voice calling me, I turned his way. And when I turned back to her way, she was already gone. Her presence disappeared as an illusion. I searched for her with my eyes, but she was nowhere to be found. I wondered why or how, but I can’t answered those by myself.

 

I was sure what I had seen. The weird feeling inside me was telling it was real, that I wasn’t the only one. All this time, there was someone besides me in this world. Someone who share the same features as me.

 

And by now all I wanted to do is search for her. I wanted to see her again.

 

“Eunbyul, are you ok?” Jimin asked as he bent to my level. He took the bag I was carrying by demand. I just nodded in response as he helped me stand. I placed my good arm around his neck and he hugged me by my waist. I jumped as he walked slowly.

 

He didn’t turn to realize how the Chimera was killed.

 

“V will kill me,” he breathed. “You got hurt. He will certainly kill me.”

 

“He won’t,” I said. “I won’t let him if he tries to.”

 

Jimin laughed and ruffled my messy dust-covered hair. Our trackers notified us that the helicopter from South had already arrived, so he took his beeper out and guided us to the main door. As we walked, I realized Mikki had disconnected. Jimin told me it was because her main priority was Taehyung and once she made sure we were safe, she decided to focus on him before notifying South we were already outside so they could send us the transportation.

 

As soon as we approach the helicopter, a worried Jungkook came towards us and started nagging at my state. He and Jimin checked on my twisted limbs and bandaged them, as well as my wounded stomach. Once done, Jungkook turned to Jimin, who shook his head. The latter had small cuts and seemed to be fine.

 

Jungkook, who didn't ask for Taehyung’s whereabouts, helped me sit in the floor and then he smiled at me before leaving to talk with Jimin. He didn’t ask because he was waiting for him too. He already knew what happened. I overheard his conversation with Jimin, which was about the bag he was carrying and how I got the stuff inside.

 

I was getting unsteady as my eyes searched every single corner available. At this state, I couldn’t adventure the Mansion myself. None of us was actually.

 

“Can’t you contact Mikki and ask for Taehyung’s whereabouts?” I turned my head as Jungkook came back to me. I noticed Jimin’s eyes traveling every corner of the mansion too.

 

“We’ve tried already, but it looks like there’s a malfunction in the communication system,” he answered as he sat next to me. “I can’t even contact South for the time being but wait.”

 

I moistened my lips as my eyes felt to my trembling hands. Not only I was still perplexed by the sudden appearance of the beast, but also I was troubled by Taehyung. I started wondering what he was doing that it’s taking him so long. He must be alive. He can’t be dead. He promised me he’ll come back. And I’m waiting because I believe in his word.

 

I didn’t feel Jungkook looking at me with a gentle gaze. When I lifted my eyes to him, he turned and smiled softly as he had realized something I’m oblivious about.

 

I took this opportunity for us to talk since Jimin was reading the documents in the files we collected.

 

“Tell me about you,” I said as I looked forward. I needed a distraction. I needed to think about anything, else I’ll grew into madness.

 

“What do you want to know?” Jungkook asked calmly. He sensed how much I wanted a distraction.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe from which Senrate are you, when did you joined BHE, stuff like that,” I said as I stretched my legs with care and use my good hand to support me.

 

He breathed before speaking. “I’m from South actually, but the suburbs. I joined BHE when I was around thirteen, but Anri and some of the boys found me when I was twelve. Actually, I was an official member when I was twelve, but I didn’t want to acknowledge it, so officially I joined them when thirteen. I didn’t want to become part of them, but I changed my mind later on.”

 

“Why?” I turned my head to him realizing the look on his eyes had changed. They reflected a more serene and cherishing effect that even his smile couldn’t hide.

 

“Because I realized there was someone worth trusting.”

 

I couldn’t help but smile too at his sweet gesture. The person who he was referring was clear to me, his best friend. But not only it was her, but also Jungkook grew to trust his older friends thanks to her.

 

I had so many questions for him, but I couldn't find the words to say them. My eyes kept coming back and forth to the Mansion. My heart was pounding in worry and I kept moisten my lips and biting them in anxiousness. My good hand’s nails were injuring my flesh and it left red marks.

 

How long has it been since we were waiting? I couldn't know. I just kept tapping the floor with my fingers monotonously.

 

“Stop that,” Jungkook said as he sighed softly. “It’s making me nervous too.”

 

“Sorry,” I mumbled in embarrassment and he laughed at me.

 

Jimin came to us and squatted next to me. He noticed me staring at him and ruffled his messy hair. And with a small smile he said, “I’m getting worried too, but we should wait. It’s the best option we have.”

 

It is?

 

I the wireless ear and pressed the certain button to be welcomed by the disturbing sound of static. I growled and turned it off in defeat. Not only have our position been find, the Chimeras attacked us, but also our interface have been messed.

 

After what seemed hours, Mikki contacted us. The sound of her voice produced me relief but worry. Only she knew what happened to Taehyung. And, whether she like it or not, is her obligation to tell us everything she knows.

 

“This hacker is so ing skilled,” she said and sounded exhausted. “I’m so pissed, but jealous at the same time.”

 

So my guesses were correct. There was an outsider watching our movements the entire time.

 

“Is everything alright?” Jimin asked. “Mikki, where’s V?”

 

There was a moment of silence that ate me completely. I felt how my heart stop beating and how my breathing stopped suddenly. And my entire body grew rigid as soon as she said she didn't know.

 

“What do you mean you don’t know?!” Jungkook said. His shaken dark eyes looking turned frustrated and it terrified me for a second. It was the first time I heard him direct to her.

 

“The connection was interrupted and during the time I was fixing it, it looks like V’s wireless ear was destroyed,” Mikki said sounding so alarmed and panicked. “Even the hacker altered his position in the system, so we can’t localize him by any methods.”

 

I turned the beeper on and searched for the black colored dot, which not only one moved, but multiple of them around every single corner of the mansion.

 

I was about to go insane. I throw the beeper with my injured hand, but didn't care for the itching pain it caused me. I tried to stand by myself and stumbled in the progress. If it wasn’t for Jungkook’s reflexes, I would have fallen.

 

“Where are you going?” Jungkook said not letting me go.

 

“Inside,” I said bluntly.

 

“Really? In your condition? You can’t even stand properly a few seconds. Are you planning on jumping your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter