Record 20

Mavericks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Record #20

The knife fly back to us. Dose was aiming to Anri’s chest, but she dodged it just in time.

“Eunbyul, go back with Jin. I’ll take care of him.” Anri had prepared her bow and loaded it. I knew she had daggers hidden too.

 

“Don’t worry, Eunbyul. Once I finish with the blue eye girl, I’ll go back to you,” Dose pulled his blade.

I was no rival for him, but Anri did. She was more capable to defeat him.

Jungkook was nowhere to be found at first glance, but then I noticed him. He was fighting with the boy with the long-range weapon. The fox masked boy survived, but bruised. They were fighting at the gate. Jungkook got to lure him out of the hideout.

Jin was already working. He had showed me what he described as the jack and removed the hubcap. He would have done much more but the crow had molested him before I got to him. I let him work as I searched for the annoying flying Chimera. I found it standing at the top of an iron metal near the turned off lights. I tried shooting three times, failed every single one. The crow moved with intelligence. I only got to touch his upper feather, no damage done. I was getting tired and annoyed. I couldn’t use more bullets. I couldn’t waste them like this.

The stupid crow made its way towards me as fast as it could and scratched my hair scalp. It would have embed its claws on my forehead if I didn’t have crunched down a little bit and used my dagger to protect me and cut the wing. Finally, I had it lying on my feet. Blood spread. I took my spear, it towards its head and pulled it back.

Jin was already changing the tire as multiple shots were heard.

I turned to Anri. She was standing and Dose was lying on his stomach, his mask was gone, and his face and arms covered with fresh wounds made by her. But Anri’s jeans had new holes and little bruises too.

They were talking too. He was smirking holding an interesting look through his orbs.

My ears ringed as the sound of a loud cry coming near. Out of instinct, I turned to where it came. It jumped from meters away and almost landed on me if it wasn't for Jin, who pulled me away just in time.

It was enraged. Some of it’s body parts calcined and bleeding. Yet it was standing strong and fierce.

Alone and alive. The last lion-snake Chimera standing before my eyes. The beast that should be dead by the explosion was looking at me. Recognizing me. Challenging me.

Jin, who was standing in front of me acting as a shield, had his pistol pointing at it. Every single bullet dodged and growled at us.

The Chimera wasn’t attacking Jin. The Chimera wanted me first. It wants me dead. And I can’t let Jin handle the fight for me. The Chimera won’t lay a finger on him as long as I’m here.

“Jin,” my hand lowered his pistol and he was looking at me with surprise. “I’ll handle this. You need to change the tire.”

He was about to protest when the Chimera jumped at us and we rolled to opposite sides. The Chimera turned around even when seeing Jin with his pistol pointing back at it. And now it’s back was towards Jin, showing it’s big teeth to it’s prey. To me.

I knew it. I knew I was it’s target from the beginning.

My hand traveled to my spear without losing eye contact with it’s big eyes. “Jin, don’t you dare to shot it. I’m its target and I don’t want to drag you in. You better finish with what you started.”

This time, he didn’t say a word and ran back to the vehicle. Yet every five seconds he took a second glance at me.

If I use my gun, I might lose the shot. And the lost bullet could hurt someone else. I’m dependable of my spear and daggers as long as the Chimera it’s standing. As long as it’s aware of it’s surroundings.

The Chimera growled as it ran back to me. I ran towards it too and slide down as soon as it jumped to reach me, piercing the spear around it’s lower body. It cried riotously. And, in it’s moment of disorientation, two daggers into it’s eyes as soon as it turned around to face me. Finally, when the Chimera felt to the ground in pain, as the growls blend with cries, my bullets pierced it’s head.

I had to wipe of the remnants of it’s warm blood on my face for being up close to his chest. And I turned away from the pond of blood I created.

My feet went back to Jin. He smiled as soon as he saw me. “It’s ready. You help Anri. I’ll check on Jungkook.”

I nodded and we both went to opposite directions.

From far, where Jungkook was, I could see him struggling on his fight. He wasn’t hurt. He was getting exhausted. The other boy was standing still, few wounds and bruises that were forming, both despoiled of their weapons, which lay feet away from them. Jungkook was preventing his opponent from laying his finger on his rifle even if it meant he had to kick away his too, because if the boy with the broken mask did, it would be game over for Jungkook.

Yet, I saw Jungkook’s lips moving.

He was trying to get information.

I was getting near Anri, and from where I was I could hear their conversation.

Anri was aiming at Dose’s arm. He had an arrow on his right thigh. His back laying on the bloody wall. Dose was making faces out of the pain. His bruised and parted lips were spilling his blood, and was breathing heavily.

He won’t last long, there was too much blood around.

“I cannot believe a fifteen year old has beaten me,” Dose coughed with a smug smirk. “I applaud you for leaving me like this.”

“I’m not as young as you think,” Anri growled. “I’m your age. Months younger.”

He laughed aloud, more blood came to his throat, “Blame the ing seducing innocent look of yours, but there’s malice on your eyes. I can see it.”

She changed her direction and aimed his wounded leg. Dose squealed as some tears from on his eyes.

“Easy girl,” he breathed as soon as I stepped next to Anri, she pointing at him once again. “There’s no need for Eunbyul to watch me struggle to death.”

“I’ll change my question,” Anri said. “Since you aren’t planning on answering the last one.”

“I will as long as you answer mine afterwards.”

“Fine. How you know Eunbyul’s name, but not ours.”

I blinked, as my eyes grew wider. I turned to Dose to find him laughing.

“Your sister,” Dose whispered as he turned to me and coughed blood. “She has kept as a deadly important secret from us,” he smirked. “She’s one of your kind. A ing Hybrid.”

Anri and I were both speechless, yet she didn’t vacillate her hands. They were still steady holding her bow and arrow.

“And judging by your look, you didn’t know either. How funny. Just for you to know, she’s playing with fire. As soon as my comrades know, she won’t have it easily for fooling us.” His eyes turned to Anri in a deeper darker shade. There’s was still the judging and venomous look on his eyes.  “Your turn. How the you know about me?”

Dose wasn’t scared of Anri’s arrow. He knew there wasn’t much to do, but to cooperate to a certain extend. He was surrounded. He had already lost.

And he’ll die soon.

I noticed how Anri’s breathing changed, but remained calm. She gulped before speaking. Her arrow directed to his brain. “You caused so much trouble and pain to both of them. You might haven’t recognize him nor Jungkook might remember you, but I do. You were his older brother friend.”

That’s when her arrow lodge on his forehead. His pale face turned to the side and arms felt.

“I’m sorry you had to witness this.” Anri came closer to Dose. Her hands touched his eyes and closed them.

I shook my head. “I need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter