Chapter 8 - A Thorny Lack of Resolution

Cold Beautiful Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Latte to have here, please.”
Hyeran looked up from her newspaper to investigate the familiar voice. It was soft and saccharine like how she remembered from four months ago. Taekwoon paid for his coffee and took a seat one table away from hers, facing her way but oblivious to the world around him. His black hair was faintly curly and fell over his eyes as he looked down; Hyeran could feel that the café was full of eyes drawn to the beautiful man.

Hyeran was unsure of what action to take after seeing Taekwoon again. Should she approach him or avoid him? She felt that if she were to greet the man in this kind of situation it would put her in an incredibly awkward position. However, just like everyone else in the room, she couldn’t tear her gaze away from him. Even his reflection in the window was an image of perfection.

As one of the waitresses delivered Taekwoon his latte, he looked up not at the girl placing his drink on the table in front of him but directly at Hyeran. The sudden eye contact almost made her jump, and when Taekwoon’s lips curled to form a small smile she knew she would go to him like he was magnetised. She returned Taekwoon’s smile and the man beckoned her over with two fingers.

“Hello Taekwoon-ssi,” she dipped her head to him after she made her way to his table. He stood to greet her and motioned for her to sit.
“Hyeran-ssi, are you well?

Hyeran engaged in conversation with Taekwoon typical of any regular individual, yet considering the identity of the man on the opposite end of discussion, things were suspiciously normal. He informed Hyeran of his new job, which was apparently relaxing due to the fact that he got to work closely with animals. The lawyer wondered whether this was the countenance usually adopted by Taekwoon, and that his silence and piercing glares from four months ago were mere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter