Chapter 16 - Some Kind of Passion

Cold Beautiful Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyeran lay in bed on Saturday morning, staring at the ceiling. She would find her gaze drifting toward the window, where she was certain she had seen Taekwoon from some time ago. It wasn't the first time she had been drawn to the memory and she doubted it would be the last. 

Here Hyeran was with her friend in hospital and still her thoughts came back to Taekwoon. She hadn't even seen him recently. It was bizarre for his image to torment her like this, and frankly not fair. She thought that she had ended things well with him and given them both a kind of resolution. Apparently not. 

This was confirmed when Hyeran was doodling in her notebook, and found herself writing his name. Jung Taekwoon. She knew that she wouldn't be behaving like this if he wasn't such an enigma. However she was fascinated by the mysterious, and telling herself to curb her curiosity had only ever backfired. She considered herself to be a reasonably strong-willed person, but in the end she was still human. 

It was often a positive trait of Hyeran's that she was unrelenting when something piqued her curiosity, as her work sometimes demanded that she find something that everybody else glossed over. It did however, sometimes get that cat caught in the mousetrap. 

Hyeran's fascination with mystery had also extended to the recent string of murders, the first of which began her interest in Taekwoon's business. 

Information on the murders was often discussed in the media in surprising, morbid detail, and Hyeran took it all in. She wanted to imagine what kind of person could do these things, and honestly could not imagi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter