Chapter 2: Our Ordinary Heroine

My Shooting Star

   She loves morning sun the most, that’s way she always wakes up before everyone else in the house. She takes a sip of her coffee while waiting for the sun to rise. Lee Ji Ah smiles at the sound of birds chirping and the wind that blows her long wavy hair.

   She is looking back at the sound from the front door, her only brother and the only family she has in the family seems like waking up too. The tall man approaches his sister while bringing a blanket. Gently covers his sister from the cold and sits beside her.

“Did I wake you up, oppa?”

“No. I just suddenly wake up.”

“Is it the nightmare again?”

Lee Jung Shin smiles at her sister as an answer. Ji Ah links her arm to her brother, comforting him with sisterly affection. Though she loves morning sun so much, but she loves her brother more than anything else in this world.

“How long is it before the sun rises?” Jung Shin asked.

“Hmmm… about 5 minutes? See there, the sky gradually changes its color. It’s so pretty.”

“Yeah…” On the contrary of his sister, Jung Shin loves sunset more. He loves to go hunting the sunset when he is on holiday and always takes Ji Ah and her with him.

   Ji Ah peeks at her brother’s face. That handsome face shows the same sorrowful expression again. Though he always smiles to her, but his eyes are not. Somehow he lost his warmth long ago and Ji Ah the one struggles to get him back to life.

   As the sun rises behind the shades of clouds, her eyes dilate. A smile creeps on her pretty face. She knows the happiness is not far to reach. The day when she will be able to see her brother’s smile will come. Lee Ji Ah only dream is happiness. She hates sadness so much. She keeps all her sorrow in her cheerful smile and easy-going manner. Everyone loves that Lee Ji Ah who greets them energetically, who smiles brightly, who talks what’s in her mind honestly.

“Let’s go back in, Ji Ah. The day has started.”

“Yeah. Let’s start a good day, oppa.”

   She takes her brother’s hand and walk inside their house. It’s time to go back to reality. Jung Shin gets ready for work. He is a chef at the restaurant in a five stars hotel. Ji Ah happily humming a song while preparing breakfast for both of them before getting ready for work herself. She works as a teacher in the kindergarten near the house, the place where this story will begin.