Chapter 7

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

The sweet aroma of fresh coffees greeted Taeyeon first thing as she came inside the café. Her most favourite café in town. Or probably, in her life. She was glad that Hyoyeon didn’t wanted to meet at somewhere else because there is probably no better café than the one she was currently at right now. Taeyeon grabbed a seat at her usual table since she found no sign of her new friend yet. Perhaps she was too early? Even the workers who knew her were a little stunned to see her coming in too early than her usual time. But they didn’t care that much. Which Taeyeon was totally fine with – although she didn’t notice about it.

 

Hyoyeon arrived awhile later after Taeyeon’s coffee was served. She ordered hers at the cashier before joining the girl who seemed to be drawing again. When she pulled the chair across them, she quickly gained the other’s attention. They instantly exchanged smiles as Hyoyeon took her seat and Taeyeon quickly kept her sketchbook.

 

“No, it’s okay.”

 

Taeyeon abruptly stopped as her eyes landed at the former. “Hmm?” When she noticed that Hyoyeon was eyeing at her sketchbook, she quickly shook her head in decline. “No, no, it’s rude of me.”

 

“But I want to see you draw again.” Hyoyeon pouted.

 

“Maybe next time.” Taeyeon said calmly yet unaware that she was blushing. She settled her sketchbook inside her sling bag when Hyoyeon agreed in defeat. She then took a sip on her coffee as Hyoyeon’s order was served on the table. When the waitress left and it was back to the two of them once again, Taeyeon kept her gaze fixed on the table; not knowing their next move.

 

So what now?

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

….!

 

She lifted up her head with her slightly widen eyes. “Y–Yes?”

 

Hyoyeon looked confused but calmed her expression with a smile. “Do you come here often?” She asked, giving Taeyeon a gesture of wanting to have a conversation with them.

 

“Oh, I come here every day.” Taeyeon slightly nodded at her words. “It’s one of my favourite places to hangout.”

 

“I see.”

 

No words were exchanged after a while. However, Taeyeon was fidgeting on her seat. She was thinking of something – about the day where they first met one another; the day Taeyeon’s enthusiasm for love became bigger. But another part of her was worried terribly for Hyoyeon. Was the girl sick the day after the incident? Judging from the weather on that day, Hyoyeon probably was sick. Yes, she must know so she can make it up for Hyoyeon. She gathered all of her strength which she released all of her nervousness at the same time before spilling the question she had been wondering for quite some time.

 

“H–Hyoyeon ah.” She called, earning Hyoyeon’s attention straight away. “I was wondering… Uh, did you get sick on the day we met?”

 

“I thought you’d never ask.” Hyoyeon chuckled. Taeyeon’s brow lifted in confusion and she continued, “Instead of a cold, I got a fever.”

 

Taeyeon frowned in guilt.

 

“B–But as you can see a week later, I’m okay!” Hyoyeon assured the latter. She didn’t mean to make them feel bad. “Just a normal fever anyway.”

 

Taeyeon kept mum. Her gaze shifted from Hyoyeon to her coffee. There she goes again, letting her thoughts drained herself with negativities. She was close to tears but she thought it would make it worse if she started to cry at this moment.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

Hyoyeon’s eyes widened. “N–No! Don’t be!” She protested as she quickly gripped Taeyeon’s hands that were on the table; giving a shock to the latter. She gave a smile when Taeyeon looked at her again – which she swore her heart suddenly started to beat faster than usual. That was really weird, she thought.

 

“It’s fine.” She gave a squeeze on their hands before releasing it. “I mean, it was my own intention to give it to you although I know I will get myself sick because of it.”

 

Taeyeon felt a little sad when she lost the warmth from Hyoyeon. “If you knew that you’d get sick then why did you give me?”

 

Hyoyeon took a sip on her drink and put her cup down right as Taeyeon’s question was spilled. She gave Taeyeon a warm smile when their eyes met. “That’s how I am. I’m the type of person who cares for someone else before myself. And I can totally read you on that day; you kept glancing outside as if you’re trying to tell the rain to stop pouring so you can go home.”

 

True.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter