Chapter 23

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

Dramas can happen at anytime and anywhere. It was 4 in the morning when Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Irene and Wendy witnessed a fight right before their eyes. And before there was a commotion happening near where they were, Hyoyeon and Wendy were invited to have a sleepover at the sisters’ house for the night. It all happened when Taeyeon and Wendy lost track of time with their conversation topic about pastry dishes while their girlfriends, Hyoyeon and Irene were having a blast with the newly bought PlayStation 4. It was not until Irene announced that their stomach was growling in hunger that made them realized they were staying up too late already. When noticing that there were no leftovers from dinner, Hyoyeon suggested that they should eat outside. At first the others were worried to head out since it was already 2 in the morning but they quickly agreed when their tummies were crying for food as well; not allowing them to go to sleep with empty stomachs.

 

Luckily for them, there was a food stall that was opened for the roaming hungry night owls not too far from where Irene and Taeyeon’s home. The girls planned to head home right after they finished but the beers and fresh cooked meats were so satisfying to them that they decided to hang around a little longer while chatting the night away, once again losing track of time. It was 2 hours before sunrise when a couple came to the stall, being all lovey-dovey until another woman came out of nowhere and intruded their space, splashing soju drinks at their faces in anger. The upset woman started to curse at the man who was actually her husband and was having an affair with the other woman who was with him. Since things were getting out of control and violence overcame the commotion, the owner kicked the three of them out of his stall while leaving everyone else including the girls in stunned at what just happened.

 

“Whoa, I’ve never seen something like that before. Not when it’s–” Irene looked at the time on her phone. “4 in the morning.”

 

Taeyeon almost gasped when she heard the current time. “It’s 4 in the morning already?”

 

“I’ve never been this rebellious before. But I’m in my early twenties now so I guess this is okay?” Wendy looked unsure but she finished her third can of beer like there’s no tomorrow.

 

“Rebellious? We’re not doing anything rebellious but having a late dinner together, Seungwan. Don’t worry.” Irene giggled as she patted her girlfriend’s shoulder.

 

“I always hated seeing those types of people.” Hyoyeon spoke, her expression looked as if she was disturbed by something. She picked up her can of beer and gulped it in distressed.

 

Irene and Wendy looked at Hyoyeon with full of curiosity whilst Taeyeon was getting worried at the obviously upset partner of hers. “W–What’s wrong?”

 

“Girls, here’s a love lesson.” Hyoyeon started off with her face slowly turning red from the drinks she had. “If you’re not happy with you relationship, leave. Don’t stay any longer and find someone to hook up with while you still have your current partner in your hands. Like, you’re not the only one who has a heart, what the hell!”

 

Irene picked up her can of beer and offered to clink their cans with Hyoyeon who accepted it right away. “Preach it, unnie!”

 

“You’re right, unnie. I hate cheaters!” Wendy exclaimed as she clinked her can with Hyoyeon as well.

 

“Me too! Me too! I will never cheat on my Seungwan!” Irene agreed with her girlfriend’s statement. Instead of clinking their cans as well, they exchanged a quick kiss with each other.

 

“I will never cheat on you too.” Wendy somewhat gave a bonus kiss for Irene on their forehead. The couple then clasped their hands together like a glue and smiled lovingly to each other.

 

It warms Taeyeon’s heart upon seeing them like this. She averted her attention towards her own partner and was a little surprised that they were already looking at her with a big smile on their face. Hyoyeon was no longer feeling frustrated as Taeyeon could see but their face was still red. Maybe it was because they drank too much. Worried that they might be sleeping with a drunk Hyoyeon later on, she took the can of beer that they were holding and replaced it with her hands for them to hold.

 

“You should stop drinking. Your face is getting redder by the second, you know?” Taeyeon softly spoke.

 

Hyoyeon didn’t say anything but only nodded as a reply. Uh-oh. Are they drunk already? Taeyeon brought her hand up to cup Hyoyeon’s cheek and leaned closer to look at Hyoyeon in the eyes m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter