Chapter 21

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

The weather is really nice today, Taeyeon thought. It was the perfect weather to go for a picnic, a date or a picnic date. Yeah, a picnic date would be nice. However, she couldn’t have one at the moment. Not when she and Hyoyeon are on their way to meet Yuri; the person who has been running around in her thoughts although she doesn’t know how they look like since Hyoyeon never showed a picture. Still, Taeyeon was confused with all that was happening at the moment. She was wondering if it’s actually necessary for Hyoyeon to bring her to meet Yuri in which the dancer could instead just tell them who the person is. But maybe Hyoyeon must have thought that it wouldn’t be much of a proof if they claimed that Yuri was just a friend.

 

As they have reached their destination, Taeyeon instantly knew the reason.

 

“We’re here.” Hyoyeon announced as she turned off her car’s engine. She looked towards Taeyeon’s direction after unbuckling her seatbelt. “Are you ready?”

 

“H–Hyoyeon, this is–”

 

“I know.” Hyoyeon flashed a smile as she reached out for the bouquet of roses at the backseat. “Let’s go.”

 

Taeyeon silently followed Hyoyeon from behind as they walked passed a couple of tombstones together. The cemetery was too peaceful that it was actually making Taeyeon’s heartbeat to increase a little.

 

She wasn’t expecting this at all.

 

“Oh, Aunt Kwon must have visited recently.” Hyoyeon spoke just as they reached at the two pair of tombstones in which each of it has small bouquet of flowers on it.

 

Since she was the one who was holding the bouquet, Taeyeon gently placed them in front of the tombstone has the name: ‘Kwon Yuri’ on it. There was even a small portrait of the girl which caught her attention instantly.

 

“Yuri is really pretty.”

 

Hyoyeon smiled in agreement and took a rose out from the bouquet before placing it on the tombstone next to her friend’s grave. “I hope you’re well up there, Uncle Kwon.”

 

Taeyeon couldn’t keep her eyes off Hyoyeon afterwards when they stood next to each other. She felt deeply awful all of the sudden. Probably because she was doubting that Hyoyeon was two-timing with their late friend. Taeyeon brought Hyoyeon’s hand to hers and held it tight which Hyoyeon returned back a light squeeze.

 

“Yuri ah, I would like you to meet my girlfriend, Taeyeon.”

 

“H–Hello, Yuri.” Taeyeon bowed at the tombstone.

 

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she, Yuri?” Hyoyeon tilted her head to stare at Taeyeon lovingly. “I wonder how I ended up with such an angel. Did you send her to me?”

 

Taeyeon let out a small smile upon hearing Hyoyeon’s words. “Hyoyeon ah.” She softly called to cheer them up when noticing something wrong with them.

 

Hyoyeon was getting teary but she was trying her best not to cry. She knew Yuri wouldn’t be pleased to see her like this. “Ah, I really miss you, buddy.”

 

They shared a silent atmosphere with Taeyeon comforting Hyoyeon with gentle pats on the back and Hyoyeon wiping her tears that caused her sight to be blurry. Once Hyoyeon felt a little better, she entwined her fingers with Taeyeon’s own and looked at the tombstone with a smile.

 

“Don’t worry about me, okay? I’m really happy now.” Hyoyeon continued on with Taeyeon silently listening to her. “You should be happy up there too.”

 

“Hyoyeon ah.” Taeyeon called out and slowly embraced them in her arms.

 

Hyoyeon let out a chuckle at her girlfriend’s action yet she returned back the hug after giving them a kiss on cheek. “You’re so cute, you know that?”

 

“N–Not now, Hyoyeon ah.”

 

Hyoyeon couldn’t help but to laugh again.

 

She’s definitely really happy now.

 

--

 

“You can talk about Yuri as much as you want to.” Taeyeon admitted and looked down on her cup of coffee just when she noticed Hyoyeon was about to look at her. “If it makes you happy then I–I don’t mind.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter