Chapter 1

The True Omega

Youngjae sighed as his teacher began talking about the year of the omega again, Miss Park was excitedly going over the details of what would happen to you if you were the so called “Chosen One”. He guessed if she was his age right now she would have been one of those girls wishing to be the chosen one, the way she gushed when she talked about how Alphas will come from all over the land to court the lucky omega almost made him groan loudly. From history details it was their areas turn to have the True Omega since the pack of the East had the last True Beta around 40 years ago, it went in order, Alpha, Beta, Omega and went around the compass. All of the history books say the very first Alpha was born in the Northlands and everything went around from there. Around the age of 18 a born wolf shifter will find their rank and shift for the first time, of course some do it sooner or later but the average age is 18, it goes hand in hand with puberty and most of the time feels like you get hit by a bus, when going through the phasing most can't go to school for at least a week so when someone is missing from class for a while its always exciting to see what rank they have become, some are guessed and some can be surprising. Youngjae recalled the memory of when Sandeul, from the year above him ended up being an alpha when everyone was sure he would be a beta or omega, he even beat another tougher looking alpha called Baro into submission with a bag of green onions, the video is still floating around the school to this day.

Trying to focus back into what was being taught Youngjae got bored with the same old stories and zoned out for a second before wondering if there were any potential candidates in his class, out of the 30 students in his class he decided there were a handful who could possible be the True Omega. Ren was the first male who came into mind with his pretty features and long blonde hair, when he first started school he was mistaken for a girl multiple times, even making people question if there walked into the right restroom if he was there, Though there were rumors that Ren had beaten up a guy for calling him a girl but Youngjae was unsure if that actually happened. If there was a girl who everyone put their money on it would have been Ailee, she was beautiful and Youngjae swore every time she smiled it was like a warmth hit you that made you feel so relaxed like a soft sunshine, she was the popular girl and so kind there wasn't anyone who didn't like her besides maybe a couple of the already matured alphas in the class who were turned down when they asked her out.
“Luhan.” Youngjae whispered softly to the petite male next to him who would have been on Youngjae's list if he didn't know Luhan so well, there was no way his orange haired best friend was anything but an alpha or at least a very dominant beta. Said male turned his head towards the one calling him and tilted his head in question. “Who do you think could be the true omega in this class?” The chubby cheeked boy asked while moving his head to the side in attempt to point to the other students, Luhan shrugged before pointing Ailee's way. “Everyone is saying that its going to be her but i'm not sure, I think it could be Kyungsoo or you.” Youngjae couldn't help the laugh that burst out of his mouth, unfortunately for Youngjae it was just at the time Miss Park was saying that she dreamed to be a lucky ranker when she was young even though she was born too soon after the True Beta who was in council now and turned out to be an alpha anyway, the laughing boy earned himself an invitation to stay behind for detention after class ignoring Luhan's snickering as everyone left, Youngjae was already planning his revenge.

“Do you mind filling me in on what was so funny?” Miss Park asked as she approached Youngjae's desk, her heels clicking as she walked closer, for some reason the sound make him nervous, either that or the angry alpha pheromones coming off her were getting to him.
“I was asking Luhan who he thought could be the next True Omega in our class,” He paused a second to look at his teachers face as she raised an eyebrow to make him continue, thankfully the pheromones coming off the older woman calmed down “He said that he thought I could be it and I couldn't help but laugh.” He admitted, he didn't see himself being a great and amazing omega that would end up having the power over every other wolf besides the other true rankers. He was plain, pale skin brown eyes black hair he always uses to cover his forehead and had chubby cheeks he can't seem to get rid of, when he was younger he was quite chubby and will never forget the day he was 15 and everyone was playing volleball, he had jumped up to hit the ball causing his shirt to ride up causing him to earn the nickname babyfatbelly for the rest of the year until he lost it all.

“Why do you think that's funny?” She asked as she took a seat on Luhan's now empty desk, “I think you are one of the best matches here, you are exactly the look of the south, we are the snow part of all the lands you match the description, skin as white as snow, hair as black as coal and lips as. . . hmm how does it go?” Looking at his teacher like she was crazy the younger boy shook his head not believing what the teacher was saying “That's for Snow White Miss.” He hissed feeling like the teacher was now playing him as a fool.

“Yeah but it fits with what I'm trying to say, you are a natural beauty and I'm certain the magic mirror on the wall would call you the fairest of them all” The grin on her face was too wide for Youngjae's liking and he ignored the fact that it was her usual smile he continued to stare at his teacher with sour disbelief.
“I can already tell you are going to be an omega you are close to phasing I can smell it, Luhan can probably smell it too I feel he will be an alpha, I could hear the other alphas whispering about your changing scent too.” This made Youngjae frown and sniff himself he couldn't smell anything different.

“You have a really strong scent of the lily-of-the-valley its taking over your usual vanilla,” Miss Park slightly sniffed the air again and shook her head. “Not taking it over more like they are blending together.”
“Should I be concerned that you know my scent so well Miss?” Youngjae joked though he knew he had quite a noticeable scent people had always commented on it even when he was a baby.

“Shush Young Mr Yoo i'll have you know I try to block out your scent but when you brood at the back of the class here glaring at whoever did you wrong last, you make it really known to me you are annoyed, you don't know how to how to control your pheromones yet and I am exceptionally sensitive to receiving them since I am a mother and alpha, not just yours but the whole class gets to me, you just have particularly strong ones.”

“So you think because I potently smell like a flower and make people know I'm pissed off I must be the True Omega?” Once again the laughter erupted from his mouth and continued long after he left the class. “Me? True Omega? Haha what a joke, It wouldn’t be me!”


Helly everyone happy new year haha To start my new year off I decided to write this, I already have a couple of chapters written so ive decided to update every week just to keep myself ahead. I just want to say if there is anyone you wanted to ever have youngjae with and I mean ANYONE leave a comment and ill try and work them in haha. I still havent really decided who Youngjae will end up with at the end. Maybe will make a vote?