Chapter 4 Part 1

Behind the Cameras

Chapter 4

        It’s been three days since Junhui called Wonwoo’s phone and Mingyu answered it. He’s trying to overcome his jealousy and call his boyfriend but the fact that his Wonwoo hadn’t called him either is ticking him off.

 

        Right now he’s at the drama set waiting for his scene with the other male lead that he hadn’t met before. Rumor says that he’s acting alongside a rookie actor and that he was training to be a singer but instead found his niche as an actor. And that most of the people involved in the production and even some of the actors in the drama doesn’t know who the new actor is. The director of the drama is keeping his identity a secret and only letting those that are directly needed for the scene knows who that actor is and swearing them all to secrecy. Since it’s the first time that this actor is appearing in anything so the whole project is hush hush until the first episode airs. Although he’s excited to meet his co-worker, his mind couldn’t focus because it kept coming back to his absentee boyfriend.

 

        Junhui is again debating if he should call Wonwoo’s phone when the director called for him. He sent a wistful glance at his phone and went to the director.

 

        “Junhui, I want you to meet someone,” The director said.

 

        “Umm, yeah, sure,” Junhui replied while giving the director a smile.

 

        The director called out a name that Junhui didn’t recognized so he assumed that the director is calling for the new male lead. He turned to the direction that the director yelled out to and was shocked beyond belief. “It can’t be,” he thought.

 

        “Mingming?” Junhui whispered as he saw the newcomer.

 

        “Wen Junhui!” Mingming yelled when he saw Junhui and ran to him. Mingming was hugging him so tightly that he has some trouble breathing but he ignored it because of the shock that he is feeling.

 

        “Oh, so you two already know each other,” the director asked them.

 

        “Yes! He’s my friend from Korea!” Mingming said while still holding onto Junhui.

 

        The director looked questioningly at them and looked as if he wanted to ask something but decided against it. “Okay, I’ll let you two reminisce about things as I have something else to see to,” the director said then went away.

 

        When he couldn’t see the director anymore, Junhui pushed away Mingming’s arms away.

 

        “Why Junhui? Didn’t you miss me?” Mingming pouted.

 

        Junhui glared at his ‘friend.’

 

        “Awww, stop glaring at me Junhui, you know you love me,” Mingming said while blowing him kisses.

 

        “No, I don’t. And stay out of my way,” Junhui said while pushing away Mingming and going back to his original place.

 

        Junhui was checking on his phone again. There’s still no text from Wonwoo. ‘He’s probably busy fending off Mingyu and Soonyoung. Trust in your boyfriend Junhui, trust Wonwoo.’ Junhui thought.

 

        He was so deep in thought that he didn’t notice that Mingming was already next to him and looking at his phone too.

 

        “So you and Wonwoo, you finally happened. How did that happen? When did that happen? Right after I left?” Mingming asked, jealousy was clear on his voice.

 

        Junhui cannot believe what he heard. “You got the nerve to talk like that Mingming! Do you know how depressed I was when you left?” Junhui yelled.

 

        “Yeah, depressed. As if, it seems like you move on too fast. Especially with your so-called ‘best friend’.”

 

        Junhui cannot help himself, he was already pissed off that Wonwoo hadn’t contacted him in days and here was his ‘friend’ pissing him off. He punched Mingming’s face and said, “Don’t you dare talk about my life as if you know what happened after you left suddenly with no word. And don’t you dare smear Wonwoo’s name, he’s the only good thing that happened to me especially when you left me high and dry.”

 

        Junhui took notice of the stares that they were getting and said his apologies. It’s a good thing that the assistant director called him over for the next scene, or else he wouldn’t know what he will do to his ‘friend.’