The Streak (Lay)

The Explosion

      When I turned around I saw fireworks, it makes sense cause it's the end of the year. When I turned around I saw Jungkook terrified. We go down the street and turn left, Jackson's and Jungkook's house is the first house on the left. We decided to go back and go to the convienence store to get some soda and candy. People usually think that guys like us would smoke, but we are the total opposite. We always get scared, and we always try to dodge the people giving us a ciggerate. When we were walking down the street we saw an orange streak of light in the sky. Jungkook just looked even more terrified. Jackson and Jungkook are both athletic but one is always on alert and one just plays around. 

   When we got back to the house Jungkook started going on about his theory's about the orange streak of light, " I think it's a special firework, or a bomb, nah that wouldn't be it right?". Jungkook can be manly at times and brave but he's always alerted." You need to like calm down man, nothing's gonna happen. You scared of that orange light?" Jackson sometimes got on your nerves but otherwise he's cool. 

   Jackson was always naive, which made Jungkook on alert. One time Jackson messed around with some guy, and almost got beat up. "Hey, I'm gonna go take a picture of that streak." Jackson shouted. I decided to get back to school before lunch started, the schools system about attendance is a bit weak. When I was about to take a step inside the school I hear a big noise, this time it wasn't a firework but a bomb. When I turned around I saw smoke, I ran back to the house to see if Jungkook and Jackson are ok, I see Jackson on the floor and drag him outside. I went to see if he was breathing or not, I ran back inside and saw Jungkook's leg between the stairs. "Please no" I cried. I hate stairs with gaps in them, I feel like someone's going to grab my legs. I dragged Jungkook outside and saw Jackson alive and awake. At this time I was expecting him to be crying in relief or at least crying because he was scared, but he was crying in excitement.      

   Jackson started jumping and prancing around until Jungkook woke up. Jungkook this time looked like he came back from heaven. I remembered an orange streak in the sky by the school, I ran back to the school to see it completely destroyed. When me and Jackson went inside no one was there, it was completely gone. The bomb didn't hit close enough to disintegrate the students. When we all ran back to the house I saw the massive hole from the bomb 3 miles away. I saw Jackson start pointing and shouting at his neighbor, Mark and Sehun were looking through the houses. "It seems there are no survivors inside the school, or the school took a field trip." Jackson said with a smile. " I know but we still gotta look," Mark shouted. We both ran to them to help out. "Why aren't you in school?" I asked, he seemed hesitant at first but then calmed down "we ditched" Mark said it with pride. " This must have been your first time if your hesitating" Jungkok laughed. Sehun just stared at us, we followed Sehun to this big house. There was another streak of  orange light heading to the east side. We all ran to the east side to see what would happen, the houses were destroyed, as we got further down the street the houses looked worse. We checked all the houses and saw no one, we saw the big hole from 3 miles away. 

   As I thought more while running back to the house I was thinking about the south side. The south side had a bunch of rich people in it, there were big houses also. And I lived in the south side, we waited 5 minutes to see if the south side would get hit, but it didn't.  I didn't want to exactly go back home, my family had secrets kept away from me. They treated me like I'm nothing but a toy, your okay with it then throw it away once your bored with it. We decided to all leave, we would get survival things and all that. The one problem was my house. I didn't  really want to sneak in to get all of my clothes, but I thought about it and decided to do it.