What?!

That Simple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 29th 2016

Here we go the second chapter, enjoy~

 

It was Friday. The day where most people do such things; like treating their friends, buying gifts to their loved ones, asking someone out, having holidays, and so on. Well, not with Bom. It was her first day off. The clock pointed to 7. She had been under that thick blanket since last night. Yet she hadn’t decided to take some medicine, not yet. She was just, couldn’t endure the bitterness those medicines would leave on her tongue. Just think about it made her feel disgusted. It was a big no.

She chose to wash up her face, and brush her teeth. She wouldn’t take a risk for her body skin to touch a single drop of cold water at the time. She could sense it was going to freeze her skin, or even her body. She even used warm water. Thanks God she had such a caring mother.

Finished with the cleaning stuff, she walked back to her bed, tucking her now-thinner-body under her lovely thick blanket. She was at least feeling better, who wouldn’t after spending so much hours sleeping? But still, when she forced to think about something a little hard, her head would feel dizzy out of sudden. Guess she couldn’t do or think about her work project. Goodbye holiday.

An idea passed her mind. She took out a book from a mini desk on the side of her bed. It was a novel. The Fifth Wave. She loved reading, a lot. Everything. She had been smart and diligent since she was a kid. Nobody doubted that. She could learn every single thing first just by reviewing or reading the summary. Science the most. That was why she could graduate earlier than her friends. Her brain was made like that. She learned everything so fast. And she could make herself being one of the reliable accountants in a big company in Seoul. She found her passion.

Knock knock.

Her door was being knocked. She looked up and asked whoever it was to just get in. “Get in, mom. The door is unlocked.” She said, thinking that it was probably her mom. Another disturbance.

“Surprise.”

Her eyes widened in surprise once Seunghyun got in. He was the last person she’d wish to come to visit. She face palmed herself. How could this be happening, she didn’t even want to think about it.

“What are you doing here?” Bom made herself sure to put on her annoyed look.

“Visiting my fiancée of course. What else you’re expecting me to do here?” Seunghyun smiled, ignoring that glare she was trying to put on. In a situation like this, it was harder than usual for her to threaten him. He brought two boxes of doughnut, a novel, and wait, did he bring medicines?

She noticed that he looked a little bit in a mess. She could smell the airport-like scent from his body once he’d moved closer to put his palm on her forehead, sensing her temperature. She rolled her eyes when his palm met her skin. She looked away, here we go his cheesy habbit.

“Not that bad, you’ll be alright in three days or less. Just make sure to take the medicines as the receipt.” His gaze then moved to her hands, “The Fifth Wave? You like that kind of book?”

“I like all kinds of book. Rick Yancey never disappoint me. Same as J.K Rowling and Stephanie Meyer. I prefer read the books to watch the movies. It . Believe me they hadn’t make such scenes into the movies and changed it into something else out of the topic. Sickening.” She stopped, realizing that she’d talked too much than she usually did. She didn’t realize that all the time she talked, she was smiling. How could that happen? Something’s surely wrong here.

He chuckled, “I don’t know whether I should be happy or sad with you being sick like this. It makes you talk to me a little much than we usually had, but it hurts seeing your pale-looking like this.” He took her palm on his, it gently. He was really one of a kind. She had never expected what would he do the next, never, and she didn’t have to.

She looked flatly at their tangled-hands, “How’s Geneva? Was it good?”

He nodded, “Yes, it went out smoothly, no less no more. Everything worked out as the plan.” Seunghyun went abroad to attend some discussions with WHO people two weeks ago, talking about how low-health quality could affect brain, behavior and mindset, and even could cause mental disorder in some countries in Africa. It took about three days and later, he had go to the Harvard University to take care of his doctoral degree back then. He was a renowned doctor now in Sunjin Hospital.

He chuckled once he noticed that her eyes were directed to the boxes he’d brought, instead paying attention to him. He opened a box and took out a chocolate-topped doughnut. “You want some?” she nodded like a puppy. He was about to give the doughnut when he remembered something. “No, you would not have this until you take the pills. Here, I brought some from the drugstore.” He handed her three pills in different colors; yellow, blue, and pink.

“What- hell no!” she crossed her arms, closing tightly.

“You have to, Bom. It’s for your own sake. I’ve been relied by your mother.” His hand stayed still.

“You know I hate pills just like I hate you.”

“I take it as a compliment. Thank you anyway.” He let out a mischievous grin. “How about you take the pills and doughnut in the same time? It would reduce the bitt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter