Sigh

That Simple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June, 18th 2016

here we go the very first chapter~ I'm working on the second part. Enjoy!

 

Seoul was now having a winter season. The highways seemed barely passed by cars and cycles. People chose to keep staying inside their house or their workplace, wherever it was as long as they didn’t meet the rough snow-rain outside. Thick coats, long sleeve clothes, boots, and even umbrellas were not enough to face the tough day.

Those all weren’t strong enough to fight against Bom’s spirit to go to work, finishing her last project and getting her holidays, she couldn’t wait any longer. Being a stubborn like always, she rejected her mother when the elder insisted to bring thick coat and umbrella.

“Chill, mom. I’ve been living here like almost three decades and those past years I haven’t had such cheap illness caused by cat and dog rain or such. I’ll be alright. I’ll take the bus to the office. I’m leaving.” She had kissed her mother’s cheeks before slammed the door behind her.

She only wore turtle neck sweater and brought not-so thick coat. She didn’t take thick coat and umbrella which were offered by her mother earlier. She looked up as she kept walking, the sky was barely clear; the sun was hiding behind those greyish clouds. She thought that the day might rain like what the reporter on her television had said about current weather.

But again, her stubbornness was taking over.

She could feel the air breezed colder than yesterday. She tightened her grip on her coat, rubbing both of her hands so that it let out some warm, and putting her palms on both of her cheeks. She let out a small smile once she noticed her bus was waiting for her.

**

Bom immediately went through her cubicle on the corner of the room. As her computer was loading, she fixed some messed things on her desk, putting it to the places where it was before. Taking off her coat and rested it on her chair. She was ready for her project.

“Morning, Spring.”

“Morning too, Summer.” Bom replied without tearing off her attention from the screen. Her brain was still fresh and she wouldn’t let any interruptions to break it off.

“What are you working on, eonni?” Han Yeoreum asked, curious about what took the elder’s full attention until she wouldn’t let go even a single of it.

“My next project, which will lead me into a big reward. So please, not to be rough, would you not interrupt me until I finish this so that we could have a proper-mannered conversation?” Bom looked at the younger intensely, flashing her widest smile. Yeoreum nodded, speechlessly. She was still amazed at how could the elder put at her work fully-attention; she could see Bom’s fingertips were moving so fast and she barely moved from her current position. While on the other side, Yeoreum was this type who couldn’t keep her focus for too long. She would listen to music or whistle to relax a bit.

She shrugged and went to work.

We all knew that Yeoreum was the type who couldn’t keep her focus for too long right? And when she had been focus for about an hour –long enough for her-, there was an interruption, which made her had no choice but to turn around.

“Hatchi!”

The whole room turned to see who it was, sneezing out loud. Seeing that nobody was going to apologize, they shrugged and continued the work. But it wouldn’t last that long.

“Hatchi!!”

“Aish, who is that? I can’t finish my work if you keep sneezing out loud like that!” It was Changwook on the first row. He messed his hair and stood up to find who had let such terrible sound. He put both of his hands on his hip, piercing his gaze to the entirely room.

“J – jeosonghamnida! It was Bom eonni. She isn’t feeling well since the weather is being rough like this. She was close to flu.” Yeoreum, out of sudden, stood up and bowed ninety degrees to her senior.

“She should’ve gone to doctor or had a day off to rest!” Changwook still couldn’t take the fact that those loud sneezes just broke his concentration. He sat back and mumbled something.

Bom, on another side, didn’t know what to do. She kicked Yeoreum’s seat in front of her slowly. In less than three seconds the younger turned.

“What are you doing? It was me and not you. You don’t have to do that, though.” Bom mouthed to Yeoreum, which just got an innocent grin. Bom face palmed.

“It seems like you’re not feeling well, eonni. You should take a rest or a day off so that the flu won’t get worse like what Changwook-ssi said.” Yeoreum rubbed her nape awkwardly. Bom rolled her eyes.

“Flu? What flu? For the whole of my life I’ve never had the thing called flu.”

“But your red nose and teary eyes don’t say so.”

Bom took a small mirror on her bag. Her eyes widened seeing her reflection. Her no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter