Dinner With Mom

The Two Opposites

     "Kwangsoo ah, let's go eat dinner tonight," Jongkook said while packing up his things since their shift is over.

     "Oh it's tonight? Oh......I'm excited. Sure! I'll quickly go home and sleep for awhile and then go to your mom's. See you, hyung! Take care!" Kwangsoo immediately smiled brightly and hurriedly packed up his things. Kwangsoo then went on to go home.

     Jongkook walked towards Jihyo's room and saw her locking her room. 

     "Jihyo ah," Jongkook called for her.

     "Oh, oppa," Jihyo responded.

    "Remember i told you my mom wanted to have dinner with me and my friends?" Jongkook asked and Jihyo nodded.

     "Yeah, i told her we're coming tonight," Jongkook said.

    "Wah! Sure! That's good. I wasn't planning on cooking either. Thank god. See you then!" Jihyo also responded to the invitation in a bright mood.

     "Haha, see you," Jongkook chuckled and waved at the excited Jihyo.


      "What should i wear? I shouldn't be too dressy since i'm just going to my mom's. But i still have to look good because Jihyo is coming," Jongkook talked to himself while picking out an outfit to wear. He ran through his closet and finally picked an outfit; a pair of long jeans, black turtleneck and then a long coat as an outerwear.

      "There. This should look okay. It's cold outside anyway," Jongkook talked to himself again while checking himself out in the mirror.

      After picking out an outfit, he decided to check on his mother so he called her.

     "Omma," Jongkook said.

    "Ahh, son. Are you coming tonight?" Jongkook's mother, Mdm Lee, asked.

     "Of course. I'm excited to see you again, mom. What are you cooking?" Jongkook asked excitedly and Mdm Lee let out a satisfied chuckle.

     "Your favourite dish. Spicy stew with many many side dishes," Mdm Lee said as Jongkook started to drool.

    "That sounds delicious. We'll be there soon mom! Don't cook too much, though. There's only like 3 of us coming," Jongkook reminded her.

     "Aigo, if there are leftovers, you and your friends can bring home some," Mdm Lee said.

     "Alright then. See you later mom!" Jongkook hung up and smiled to himself. He could not wait to eat his mom's food again.

     He then decided to pick up both Kwangsoo and Jihyo since he has a car. He called Kwangsoo.

    "Kwangsoo ah, are you still asleep? Yah! Dinner is in a few hours," Jongkook scolded Kwangsoo as he hears Kwangsoo yawning.

     "Urgh, hyung. You don't have to scream. Alright alright, i'll get up now," Kwangsoo said, annoyed.

     "Anyway, I'm picking you up in 2 hours. Be at the carpark lobby by then," Jongkook said.

    "Alright then. Bye," Kwangsoo hung up and got up to get ready.

    After that, Jongkook called Jihyo.

    "Oh, oppa. What's up?" Jihyo asked.

    "Nothing. I'm just informing you i'm going to pick you and Kwangsoo up to go to dinner later," Jongkook said.

    "What?" Jihyo sounded shocked.

    "What's what?" Jongkook asked back.

   "No..It's just that, you have a car? You're always using the public transport to go home. Am i missing out on things here?" Jihyo asked, sounding confused.

    "You mean all these while you didn't know i had a car?" Jongkook laughed.

    "Well yeah," Jihyo said.

    "Anyway, just be ready at the carpark lobby and i'll be there waiting. In 2 hours' time maybe?" Jongkook said.

    "Alright then," Jihyo hung up.


     Jongkook put on his coat and went out of his house. He plays around with his keys and swept dust off his coat. He hummed while walking to his car. Once he was in his car, he called Kwangsoo again to tell him to get ready. 

     When Jongkook reached at Kwangsoo's house, Kwangsoo was leaning on a pillar, playing with his phone. Wearing a simple grey tee and long jeans, Kwangsoo looked up and saw Jongkook's car. He smiled and waved at him and hurried over to his car.

    "I'm ready to eat," Kwangsoo said once he was settled down in the car.

    "Aigo, this brat. Always eating food from mom," Jongkook said, while judging Kwangsoo.

    "Anyway, are you picking up Jihyo noona as well?" Kwangsoo asked while scanning the car.

    "Yeah," Jongkook said and went off to Jihyo's house.


     "Ohhh.....This is Jihyo noona's house? Wah, the surroundings looks amazing. I want to live here," Kwangsoo's mouth could not close.

    "Yah, what are you saying? Your apartment looks fine too," Jongkook said.

     "Really? I think it's bad though," Kwangsoo said, finally able to close his mouth. 

    "Watch out for Jihyo for me," Jongkook said and Kwangsoo looked around the carpark.

     As Jongkook drove around the carpark to the carpark lobby, they saw Jihyo standing there.

    "Oh, there! Jihyo noona," Kwangsoo mentioned and Jongkook drove there to pick up Jihyo.

     Jihyo saw Jongkook and Kwangsoo and went in. Jihyo adjusted her skirt and sat on the right side of the car. Jongkook looked at her through the front mirror.

     "Is it good back there? Is the heater on?" Jongkook asked and Jihyo nodded. Jongkook smiled to himself and continued to drive. Kwangsoo and Jongkook, as usual, talked among themselves and Kwangsoo suddenly thought of Jihyo.

     "Oh, noona? You're quiet today," Kwangsoo realised Jihyo has not been talking.

    "The both of you kept talking. How was i suppose to in?" Jihyo said and Kwangsoo laughed.

    "Ah, is it? Sorry then. Noona, it's your first time going to eat at Jongkook hyung's mom's house right?" Kwangsoo asked.

    "Yeah. Probably the reason why i'm quiet. I'm nervous," Jihyo confessed she was nervous and both guys burst out into laughter.

    "Yah, Jihyo ah. What is there to be nervous about?" Jongkook asked after laughing. Kwangsoo nodding in agreement to his hyung's question. 

    "Well, moms usually don't like girls?" Jihyo shrugged and looked annoyed at the laughing men.

    "Noona, it's going to be fine. Hyung's mom isn't scary. She's really friendly and literally treats all her son's friends as her own children. But you're probably the first girl Jongkook hyung has ever brought to his mom's house so maybe your statement is correct," Kwangsoo joked and Jihyo rolled eyes at him.

     "Haha, but seriously. My mom should be fine. You're my friend so it should be fine," Jongkook assured Jihyo. With that, the three of them argued and laughed together throughout the journey.


     Jongkook parked the car and the three of them get off the car. Jongkook led the way while Kwangsoo stayed with Jihyo at the back. Kwangsoo peeped at Jihyo and coughed out a laugh. Jihyo noticed this and nudged Kwangsoo.

    "Behave," Jihyo said.

    "I can't believe what i'm seeing right now. For the first time, Jihyo noona is so scared," Kwangsoo could not stop laughing as well as Jongkook. Jongkook told Kwangsoo to stop but he himself find it funny.

     Jongkook walked towards his mom's house and rang the doorbell. 

     "Omma, we are here!" Jongkook called out and his mom quickly opened the door.

    "Aigooooo my son, Jongkook ah. It's been so long," Mdm Lee said while hugging his beloved son. Jongkook hugged back tightly and they finally let go for Mdm Lee to greet his friends.

     "Ah, Kwangsoo. It's been a long time," Mdm Lee shook Kwangsoo's hands and gave him a friendly hug.

    "Mother! How have you been? I missed your food," Kwangsoo replied while hugging Mdm Lee back. After greeting Jongkook's mom, he and Jongkook introduced Jihyo to Mdm Lee.

     "Omma, this is Jihyo. The colleague that replaced Yunho," Jongkook introduced Jihyo to his mom. Jihyo bowed to Mdm Lee while shaking hands with her. 

     "Hello, i'm Jihyo. Nice to meet you," Jihyo introduced herself and smiled brightly. To Jihyo's relief, Mdm Lee shook hands with her in response and hugged her. 

     "Aigo, what beautiful skin. A beautiful young girl. How do you still have such beautiful skin even when dealing with difficult jobs? Anyway, welcome to my home. Jongkook and many of his friends have come here and enjoyed my food. Right, Kwangsoo?" Mdm Lee glanced over at Kwangsoo and Kwangsoo gave a thumbs up. Mdm Lee laughed and led Jihyo in.

      The three of them sat down in the living room and had a little chat. 

     "You guys sit here and chat while i serve the food," Mdm Lee stood up and went to the kitchen to serve the food. Following Mdm Lee, Jihyo stood up and went to the kitchen.

     "I'll help, Mdm Lee," Jihyo offered help.

   "Aigo, how kind of you. Alright, you can help me bring over these dishes to the dining table," Mdm Lee instructed Jihyo what to do and Jihyo executed it perfectly. Mdm Lee seemed to be satisfied.

    


      After serving the food, they finally get to eat. 

    "Oh? Hyung, this is your favourite dish," Kwangsoo said after realising what is tonight's dish. 

    "I know. I called mother just now and she told me she's going to cook spicy stew. Anyway, Jihyo, enjoy. You've worked hard and this is one of your rewards," Jongkook said. Mdm Lee sat with them.

    "Ah, Mdm Lee, here. Eat with us. I'll serve you rice," Jihyo said while serving rice. 

    "It's okay it's okay! You guys eat first," Mdm Lee said but she was too late. Jihyo already served her rice and she had no choice but to eat. 

    "Thank you, Jihyo ah," Mdm Lee appreciated it and she happily ate with them. 

     As they eat, they talk as well. They laughed and ate together as well. 

     "Jongkook ah. It's time you get yourself a girlfriend. You have so many choices right infront of your eyes," Mdm Lee suddenly said and Kwangsoo agreed.

    "That's right. Hyung, you're getting older," Kwangsoo said.

    "Omma, i want to focus on my work first," Jongkook said.

    "Yah, for how long? Can't you work and date at the same time?" Mdm Lee said and Jongkook kept quiet.

     "Jihyo ah. You're a nice girl. I hope you get to meet a nice man that is suited well with you," Mdm Lee said and Jihyo just smiled at her words.


     "Omma, thanks for the meal tonight. We had an enjoyable night here. We'll be here again soon. Don't worry too much about us and take care of your health," Jongkook said while hugging his beloved mom.

      "Oh, you too, son. Take care of Jihyo and the fragile Kwangsoo. Don't let them fall extremely sick. Don't let Jihyo go home alone at night. Or don't let her go home alone ever. Let Kwangsoo work out abit. Look at his arms! It's so thin!" Mdm Lee said and everyone laughed at her last words.

     "I will, mom. I love you. See you soon," Jongkook said.

    "Mother, see you soon! The meal was delicious as per usual. Also, i'm working out and i have muscles. Look at this," Kwangsoo flexed his muscles and Mdm Lee nodded. They all laughed.

     "Thank you for the meal tonight Mdm Lee. It's my first time but it was definitely a nice one. See you soon and i hope Jongkook oppa brings me here again!" Jihyo smiled and hugged Mdm Lee.

    "Aigo, i think you don't need to call me Mdm Lee. Mom or Mother should be fine. Take care, young girl," Mdm Lee said while hugging Jihyo tightly.

    "I will, mom. You too, take care! If there's anything you need, call Jongkook oppa to call me so i can arrive here and helo you with anything you need," Jihyo said and the both of them laughed. Jihyo and Mdm Lee hugged one last time and all of them walked off.


 

P.S sorrryyyyyyyyyyy for the super late update omg :( because of my super busy schedule i made a longer chapter tonight so you guys won't miss this fanfic too much! Also, i don't know when im able to update again but i hope its soon! To all of you who didnt forget about this fanfic, thank you so much hahaha. anyway, i hope you guys like this chapter! sorry if theres terrible errors in there :(( i did it in a hurry.

Thank you for reading and subscribing!!