Confession

The Two Opposites

      In the morning, Jihyo was too awkward to say her goodbyes to Kwangsoo and Jongkook. Due to what Jongkook said to her yesterday, Jihyo did not dare to look at Jongkook. Jongkook just kept quiet since he did not know what to do. Kwangsoo realised this and assumed that the both of them fought.

       "Hyung, did the both of you fight?" Kwangsoo asked.

      "Even if i explain it to you, you won't even get it, pabo. You're always slowest at picking up things," Jongkook said.

       "But....It's okay," Kwangsoo gave up and just went along with it.


       It has been about 12 hours since Jongkook and Jihyo did not talk or chat with each other. Jongkook felt bad, as the guy, to continue ignoring her. He thought about what happened for a long time. He constantly looked at his phone to only decide not to call Jihyo. He rubbed his eye due to tiredness. He flinched as he realised he was punched by the mad guy yesterday. Suddenly, he got an idea. 

       "Ah! I should go to her house to visit her and see how she is after the punch. I think i should really tell her how i feel," Jongkook told himself as he get ready to go out. 

      He drove to Jihyo's house as fast as possible.


 

      Jongkook parked his car and went to the lobby of Jihyo's house. A well-dressed man was also waiting for the lift together with Jongkook. Jongkook smiled at him and he smiled back. However, the guy looked at Jongkook again. His face changed. He was Dongmin. Jihyo's ex-boyfriend. Dongmin clenched his fist. By that time, the lift arrived. Jongkook went in and looked at Dongmin. Dongmin realised this and relaxed. He stared at Jongkook.

     "If i go up and act like Jihyo's boyfriend, he won't dare to come near Jihyo anymore. I can do that but that would make me look bad because i remember Jihyo gladly accepting his hug. I can't bear to dissapoint Jihyo anymore. What do i do?" Dongmin panicked as a million thoughts run through his mind. He did not know what to do at that time. 

    "Er, hello? Are you taking the lift?" Jongkook snapped at Dongmin.

    "Ah..Sorry, i just remembered i had something to take from my car. Please go up first," Dongmin smiled and Jongkook nodded. Dongmin then felt that he should not push this any longer. Dongmin felt that he should stop seeing Jihyo and give Jongkook a chance after what he had witnessed. Dongmin stopped Jongkook and gestured for him to go out of the lift. Jongkook just followed.

    "Excuse me, sorry to be starting an introduction like this but i just wanted to tell you that Jihyo is a very fragile lady. She's very loving and adorable if you treat her right. I made a huge mistake last time and i truly regret it. She doesn't want me now and i don't blame her. I still can't get her out of my head but i can't do anything about her feelings. The best that i can do is to make sure the men in her life treats her way better than how i treated her," Dongmin said to Jongkook as he held Jongkook's wrist tightly as if he had more to say. 

   "Who are you?!," Jongkook shocked at the sudden introduction.

   "I saw everything. I saw it the other day. You initiated the hug and for the first time, I saw how happy and assured Jihyo was. Come on, both of us are men. If you did that, you surely like her. So please, take care of her sincerely and never repeat what i did to her. Sorry to say this on our first meeting but it could've been worse," Dongmin told Jongkook as his eyes starts to water. Jongkook, still shocked, was left speechless.

   Dongmin wiped his tears off and quickly went off. He ran to his car and started crying in his car. He longed to be with Jihyo but he ends up not having a chance. He cried for a long period of time but he told himself he did the right thing. Jongkook just stood there trying to absorb what Dongmin had just said.

   Jongkook finally came to his senses when Dongmin was no longer in his sight. What Dongmin said kept on playing in his head and he could not get Dongmin's teary face out of his head when he told Jongkook everything. 

   "I know what you did. You were the in Jihyo's life. No matter how it makes me angry hearing Jihyo's story, what you said will never make me hate you. You did well. I don't know you but i hope you'll have a good life in the future," Jongkook said.

     After that, Jongkook thought long whether he still wants to visit Jihyo or not. After about 15 minutes, he decided to call Kwangsoo. He felt that he should ask Kwangsoo whether it was right for him to like Jihyo. 

     "Ah, hyung what's up? I'm catching up on sleep," Kwangsoo answered Jongkook's call while yawning after every word.

     "Kwangsoo ah, sorry this came up suddenly but, can we talk? You don't have to go out. I'll come over," Jongkook said and hung up. Kwangsoo could not even say no.

     "Ah, why does this hyung keep asking me to meet him unplanned? Ahhhhhh so troublesome!" Kwangsoo complained while getting up and cleaning up his place abit.


      "So, what is so urgent that you need to come over to my place?" Kwangsoo asked while pouring a glass of juice for Jongkook.

     "Yah, can you clean up abit? Aigoo," Jongkook complained.

     "Don't mind me. It's you. What did you want to talk about?" Kwangsoo asked and passed Jongkook the glass of juice.

    "Alright i'll get to the point. Do you think me and Jihyo should date?" Jongkook asked, getting closer to Kwangsoo as if he wants to whisper it to Kwangsoo.

     "WHAT?! YOU, AND NOONA?! What...what are you talking about? Are the both of you dating already?!" Kwangsoo shouted, in shock. 

    "Yah! Keep it down. Nah, i've been liking her since last few months. I want to tell her but i don't know if it's right to like her. I don't know if she likes me back or i am capable of making her happy," Jongkook said, taking a sip of his juice.

     "Wait, i'm still in shock. So, you've been liking her but you didn't tell me immediately? Wah..........Really," Kwangsoo complained.

     "Forget that. Just tell me, do you think i should tell her how i feel?" Jongkook asked Kwangsoo.

    "Hyung, to be honest, you should start dating already. But in my opinion, Jihyo noona don't look as if she would start dating anytime soon. I think something happened not long ago. Well, if you want me to give advice, i'd say you just confess. It may or may not make things awkward between the both of you," Kwangsoo said.

     "That's the problem. If i confess and she doesn't feel the same, things may become awkward. Also, i'm telling you this now so that if things really become awkward, you'd be there to save us," Jongkook said.

     "Do you think i'd be good at that?" Kwangsoo said, laughing at himself.

    "Well, all you have to do is just pretend you don't know that i like her and confessed," Jongkook said, finishing his glass of juice.

    "I'm fine with anything. Now that i know what is happening, i want to pray so hard that Jihyo noona likes you back so i won't have to pretend and do all things you ask me to do," Kwangsoo said.

    "Really? I should just confess right? Okay! I'll update you tonight. Thanks for the juice!" Jongkook rushed out of Kwangsoo's house to Jihyo's house.


      Jongkook stood at Jihyo's door. His heart thumping so loud as if it is about to burst out of his chest. Gathering all the courage he has, he knocked on the door and put on a smile on his face to hide away the nervousness.

     "Oh oppa! What brings you here?" Jihyo asked, surprised that Jongkook is suddenly here.

     "Oh...Ah....Hi.....I just had something to tell you," Jongkook stuttered as Jihyo let Jongkook in.

    "Have you eaten? I can cook you something if you want. Sorry, i just woke up from my sleep," Jihyo asked. 

    "Why is he here? Ah, Jihyo, just keep your composure and relax. Act natural. It is fine," Jihyo thought. 

    "Ah, no no, it's okay. I just had dinner. Anyway, is your head fine?"Jongkook asked, worried about yesterday.

    "Well, i get dizzy a couple of times but it should be fine. So, what did you want to say?" Jihyo asked, sitting infront of Jongkook and passing him a glass of water.

    "Ah, it's nothing special, really. I just wanted to make my feelings about you clear. Well, erm," Jongkook clears his throat before continuing.

    "It's just that, i've had a crush on you since a few months back," Jongkook finally let out his feelings to Jihyo.

    Jihyo just stared at Jongkook.

    "Oh no! He finally said it! What do i do? What do i do!!!!!! Quick Jihyo! Do something! Do i like him? What do i say?!" Jihyo panicked inside.

     When Jongkook realised that Jihyo was not responding, he continued.

     "Ah, i'm sorry to tell you this. I know it's surprising. I'm fine with however you want to recieve my confession. I just wanted to let you know how i really feel. It'd be great if you could respond now but if you need more time, i'll leave now," Jongkook continued, feeling relieved but also sorry as he gets up from his seat.

     "Wait!" Jihyo stopped Jongkook and Jongkook sat back down again.

    "I am not sure of my feelings yet. I can't say i don't like you as a man, but i can't say i like you as a man either. I need time to really decide what i feel about you. But for now, i really hope we would stay as best friends and playful colleagues. I hope you would not rush me and respect my decision. I hope tonight won't affect our work performance and we will not be awkward. When i've come to a decision, i'll approach you. I don't want to leave you hanging too," Jihyo said. Jongkook smiled and nodded.

     "Of course. I'll give you as much time as you need. I won't rush you. I also hope that this would not affect you so much. Thank you for recieving my confession clamly and not acting too rash. Alright then, i'll see you at work in two days time," Jongkook said while getting up to leave.

      Before leaving, Jongkook turned back and smiled at Jihyo. Jihyo came closer to Jongkook and gave him a friendly short hug before he leaves. Jongkook then went home.

     "What do i do? I don't even know how i feel about him. I am a mess. I feel sorry to Jongkook oppa if i take too long, but it's better to be right about my feelings right?" Jihyo talked to herself. Jihyo decided to keep it off her mind for awhile and went to cook some food for herself.


     Jongkook, on the other hand, felt so relieved that he finally was able to tell Jihyo how he really feels. All he hopes now is that Jihyo would feel the same.

     Not forgetting to his promise to Kwangsoo just now, he took out his phone to call Kwangsoo.

    "Oh hyung, how was it?" Kwangsoo asked.

    "I did it, but Jihyo said she doesn't know how she really feels. She needs time. But i hope she feels the same," Jongkook explained.

     "That's a nice respond. Anyway, congrats hyung for confessing," Kwangsoo chuckled.

    "Stop it. I'm hanging up. Bye," Jongkook hung up and chuckled too. 


  P.S wow, how long did i went off? hahaha, anyway, soooooo sorry for those of you who highly anticipated and waited for this story's updates. Super busy. But! i came up with a new chapter hahaha i hope you guys enjoy it and i apologise if there are any hiccups in it. Sorry to keep all of you waiting hahaha. Enjoy!