Glad To See You Again

The Two Opposites

     "Aigo, when is Jihyo noona going to come back? I miss her already. It's been 2 weeks," Kwangsoo whined as he unpacked his things from his bag to his desk. Jongkook looked and Kwangsoo and smiled.

     "I know, right? It feels weird not to have a girl as we work. The station literally feels so dull," Jongkook agreed with Kwangsoo.

    "Yes! That's the thing! Hyung, you feel what i feel too right? She really needs to come back," Kwangsoo said. 

    As they were unpacking and getting ready to go to the lounge, Jihyo was standing at the door, knocking away. Jongkook and Kwangsoo looked up and smiled from ear to ear. Kwangsoo immediately ran to Jihyo with his hands open. Jihyo quickly put out a finger and stopped Kwangsoo from hugging her. Jongkook just laughed from afar.

     "Ugh, noona. Do you know how much i've missed you?" Kwangsoo asked.

    "Well, Kwangsoo, make it a we," Jongkook added and Jihyo smiled at the both of them. She entered Jongkook and Kwangsoo's room and threw herself onto Jongkook's bed. 

     "Well, i had a good time resting, not doing reckless things. But i missed it too much," Jihyo said while sighing.

    "Don't forget your teammates," Jongkook joked.

   "The both of you? Do you think i'd miss you guys?" Jihyo laughed and both Kwangsoo and Jongkook frowned. Jihyo noticed this and stood up.

    "I'm joking. Anyway, see you in 15 minutes. I'm going to unpack first," Jihyo punched Jongkook lightly and went off to her room.

    Jongkook and Kwangsoo watched her walk away before Jongkook started talking.

    "Yah! Did you see that? She punched me!" Jongkook said excitedly.

   "What? So what?" Kwangsoo looked confused.

    "Ah, whatever. You won't get it anyway. Let's go," Jongkook said and then tapped on Kwangsoo's shoulders to go out.


     "Oh....Look who's here," Jiwoon said upon seeing Jihyo walk into the lounge. As she entered, the whole of the team cheered. Jihyo blushed as she did not know what to do. She scanned the room to find Jongkook and Kwangsoo. Jongkook waved his hand to ask her and sit beside him and Kwangsoo. Jihyo walked towards them while bowing to her other seniors.

     "Oh? What is that? Why are you suddenly bowing to the seniors when you don't do that to me?" Jongkook said in a jealous tone. Jihyo got taken aback.

    "What? Do i have to do that to you too? That....is just....It's okay. I won't say it," Jihyo said, cringing.

   "That is what? Aigo, people really don't know how to respect people these days," Jongkook let out a fake laugh. Just at that moment, a call was made. Jongkook, Jihyo and Kwangsoo, as usual, ran to the ambulance.

    "This is the rescue team. Please calmly tell me what has happened," Jongkook calmly said through the phone.

    "WHO ARE YOU CALLING?! END THE CALL OR I'LL KILL YOU," a very loud and manly voice can be heard through the phone. Jongkook got shocked and began to panic.

    "Hello? Are you there? Are you okay?" Jongkook tried to ask again.

    "H-h-hello? Please hurry up! I don't have much time! He'll kill me," a scared voice was sent through. 

    "Miss? Please stay calm and try to avoid being hurt. We'll be there soon with a few cops. Please stay calm," Jongkook kept reminding the lady to stay calm.

    "I said END THE CALL! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DIE?! AHHHHH!" the loud, manly voice can be heard again. At the end of it, two people screaming at the same time can be heard. Jongkook got scared and urge Kwangsoo to hurry up. 

    "This is the rescue team. I think a woman is being threatened by a man with a weapon, over," Jongkook grabbed the walkie-talkie and connected to the police.

    "Please be careful as we think the man is very dangerous, over," one of the cops responded.

   "Okay, let's cooperate when we arrive at the scene, over," Jongkook said and put away the walkie-talkie. 


    As soon as they arrived, Jongkook told Jihyo briefly what is happening while running over to the scene. The rescue team quickly ran to the scene. When they arrive outside the terrace, they saw a man putting a knife at a woman's neck. The gate were opened as it was believed the woman tried to escape. The three of them immediately stopped moving. The cops were also instructed to stop moving by Jongkook.

    "Get lost or this woman WILL DIE!" the man shouted while pointing the knife at the rescue team and cops. The woman was crying so much and Jihyo felt bad.

    "Sir, i need you to put down the knife. What is the matter? We can talk things out nicely," Jihyo spoke up. The man suddenly put the knife closer to the woman's neck.

    "Why are you people so INTERESTED in other people's business?" the man shouted at Jihyo. 

    "SIR! Please. I need you to calm down," Jongkook shouted back when the man shouted at Jihyo. 

    The knife was so close, almost piercing through the skin.

   "Sir, look here. We can settle things nicely, without violence," one of the cops said. At this moment, Jihyo was quietly and slowly moving over to the two civilians. The man was facing the cop so he did not notice Jihyo. Jongkook saw Jihyo moving and immediately got scared. He made eye contact with Jihyo and strictly asked her to stop immediately. 

    "It's okay. Continue to make the guy face the cop," Jihyo mouthed to Jongkook. Jongkook got too worried and began to sweat profusely. 

     By this time, Jihyo was halfway there. At a count of three to herself, Jihyo jumped on the man and let go of the grip on the woman. The man got shocked and punched Jihyo from the front. Jihyo fell onto the floor.

    "JIHYO AH!" Jongkook screamed and ran over to the man. He pushed the man away and threw the knife away. The man punched Jongkook but Jongkook punched him back. After receiving quite a few punches, he grabbed the man's arms and trapped him on the floor. 

    "Cops! Hurry!" Jongkook shouted at the cops and the man got arrested. Kwangsoo, who was confused at the whole scene, ran to Jongkook first. 

    "Hyung, ohmygod. Your face......" Kwangsoo got shocked at the swollen face. 

    "No, attend to Jihyo first. She is lying there," Jongkook waved his hand to Jihyo and Kwangsoo nodded. As Kwangsoo attend to Jihyo, Jongkook touched his face. 

    "Ah, that was painful. That son of a b****," Jongkook quietly swore. Jongkook forget the pain and approached the woman. 

    "Miss, are you hurt anywhere?" Jongkook asked the victim.

   "No no. I'm not badly hurt anywhere. I just got a few cuts from falling down. Anyway, sir, i think you're badly hurt," the woman said, cringing her face as if she could feel the pain Jongkook felt.

    "It's okay. I have to treat you first. It might sting a little but bear with me. What's your name?" Jongkook said. Jongkook tried to start a friendly conversation to keep her from feeling the pain.

    "Sohye," the woman said and looked at Jongkook treating the cut on her knee. 

    "Ah, Miss Sohye. I'm going to save the 'What Happened' since the cops are going to do it but knowing your name is fine," Jongkook said as he cleans the wound.

    "Sir, i apologize for my husband's actions. Because of him, you and your colleague there got hurt," Sohye apologized and Jongkook got reminded of Jihyo.

    "Ah, it's okay. Anyway, it's done but you have to stay here until my colleague attend to you. He's going to bring the stretcher out to bring you to the hospital to see if you have any internal damage," Jongkook calmly told Sohye and went off to find Jihyo.


 

    Jihyo was lying there, not moving a muscle.

    "Noona! Noona! Can you hear me?! It's me, Kwangsoo," Kwangsoo tapped on his noona's shoulders. After a few taps, Jihyo opened her eyes and looked at Kwangsoo.

    "Is that man arrested? Where's the woman?" Jihyo immediately asked.

    "Noona, rest for awhile. Well, at least you didn't lose your memory. He's arrested and taken care of by the police. Jongkook hyung is treating the woman," Kwangsoo explained as he examined Jihyo. 

    "Kwangsoo ah! Go get the stretcher for the victim. I'll help Jihyo," Jongkook said and Kwangsoo nodded. Kwangsoo ran to get a strecther. Jihyo sat up and turned to Jongkook, only to look at him with much shock. As soon as Jongkook squatted down, Jihyo touched Jongkook's face. 

    "Ah! Oppa! What happened! Ohmygod......Look at that swollen eye. Ohmygod, i think you have to lie down here. No excuses," Jihyo immediately stood up and forced Jongkook to sit down. Jongkook only kept quiet since he could not deny the fact that he is feeling the pain.

    "It will sting but bear with me. Talk to me," Jihyo said while she searched for medicines to treat Jongkook.

    "Well, this wouldn't happen if you didn't jump on that crazy guy," Jongkook laughed and that made Jihyo accidentally pressed on his wound. Jongkook flinched.

    "Don't laugh! See, i hurt you. Anyway, if not for me, that woman would be dead," Jihyo rolled her eyes. 

   "You were cool back there," Jongkook suddenly said.

   "What? Back there only?" Jihyo asked. 

   "Yeah. Because you're pretty all the time," Jongkook said and Jihyo stopped treating Jongkook. 

   "You're the most prettiest, coolest, craziest girl i've met," Jongkook said. Jihyo just sat there looking blankly at Jongkook. Jongkook looked back.

    "Yah, aren't you going to treat me?" Jongkook asked and Jihyo immediately got to her senses.

    "Oh oh, of  course," Jihyo said and continued to treat Jongkook.


    The three of them went back to the station and rested. Jongkook sat down on the sofa and lay back. Kwangsoo went to get some sleep. Jihyo looked at Jongkook from afar. 

    "What did Jongkook oppa intend to say just now? Is he trying to make me fall for him? What do i do?" Jihyo thought to herself. 

    "Yah, come here. I know you're peeping at me," Jongkook suddenly said, turning to Jihyo's way. Jihyo got shocked and suddenly stood so straight. Jongkook laughed. 

    "I still can see you, though," Jongkook teased and Jihyo gave up.

   "How did you i was there?" Jihyo asked and Jongkook pointed to the mirror. Jihyo felt stupid. Jihyo gave in and walked to Jongkook. She sat at the other end of the sofa as she felt awkward. 

    "Why are you so awkward?" Jongkook asked. 

    "Well, i'm just tired," Jihyo said and Jongkook scooted over to Jihyo. He rested his right arm on the sofa and looked at Jihyo. Jihyo only looked at the floor with awkwardness burning inside her. Jongkook moved closer until Jongkook's nose was almost touching Jihyo's cheek. 

    "I've been dying to tell you this. I can't bear to hide my feelings anymore. It's so crazy to be working with someone i like without the person knowing how i feel. Do you know how difficult i've been living my life?" Jongkook said, almost whispering. Jihyo just kept quiet. 

     "I like you. I'm just telling you how i feel," Jongkook confessed and he felt as if a great load of things just lifted off him. Jihyo opened her eyes big but still looking at the floor.

     "Well, have a goodnight then. We can talk about this tomorrow," Jongkook said while going to his room, leaving Jihyo alone in the room. 

     Jihyo walked around the lounge, thinking about Jongkook's words. 

     "He must've been drunk. I saw a few bottles of soju in the fridge. That must be it. He couldn't have liked me. No, never. I'm sure when he wakes up, he's sober and won't be acting weird like this again," Jihyo convinced herself that Jongkook does not like her. 

      However, Jihyo did not know that Jongkook was listening to everything that Jihyo was saying. As he listens to what Jihyo said, he sighed deeply and thought to himself.

     "Pabo-yah. Jihyo, you are a pabo. When will you realise that i'm sincere? When will she think about a boyfriend? She can't think about that Dongmin guy forever. Ah, what should i do now? Play along with Jihyo or continue to confess my feelings to her?" 


P.S Sorrrryyyyy for the late update! Sooo sorry but i managed to find a slot to finish a chapter. I might update again tomorrow, might though. Please look forward to the next chapter and i hope you like this chapter! hehe thank you for reading and subscribing !