first encounter

Excuse Me, Please Get Out of My Head

Han Jisoo was late. Extremely late. So late that she was almost sprinting down the street to catch the bus, her uniform unkempt and her face bare of makeup. As she was half hopping, half running down the street, trying to pull on her shoes, she heard fleeting bits of the thoughts of pedestrians.

 

    Is it going to rain today? I should have brought an umbrella.

 

    I have to remember to buy the kids new lunchboxes.

 

    That girl should slow down, she might run into someone.

 

Jisoo smirked and ran faster. Why did her world have to be so loud? It was way too early in the morning for this. She quickly jammed in her earbuds and kept running. The bus stop appeared in her line of vision, but the bus had already arrived. Just as she was about to yell at the bus driver to stop, she heard a different voice.

    

“WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, PLEASE I'M SO LATE PLEASE WAIT AJUSSHI,”

  

Jisoo looked up and made eye contact with a boy running towards the bus stop from the opposite way at full speed, eyes wide and frantic.

 

I’m going to be so late, I promised Chanyeol I would meet him goddammit, I am a horrible best friend. He’s going to kill me, Ms. Choi is going to kill me, I have no chance of living.

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes. At least she wasn’t the only one who was late. Suddenly, however, owl boy’s thoughts changed in a way that caused Jisoo’s head to snap up. He had a terrified look on his face.

 

What the hell is going on, how are you getting a read on me th-that shouldn’t be possible, I-I’m the only one, I was the only one, who are you? What are you? Are you like me? WHY CAN YOU READ MY THOUGHTS? GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

   

Jisoo doubled over and clutched her head, the onslaught of panic in her head was too much. Apparently the other boy could not function at that moment either because instead of stopping he ran right into her throwing them both onto the hard concrete.

   

Jisoo groaned and stood up, dusting herself off. The boy was already up, and was running after something.

 

The bus.

 

“No freaking way. No, no, no, I don't think so, no this cannot be happening,” Jisoo mumbled.

  

Great. Just great. She was going to be late to her first day of her junior year at her new school. WONDERFUL.  

 

If she her god-forsaken alarm clock had just gone off at the right time,she would have been fine. If that boy had used his freaking giant eyes to see her and slow down she wouldn't be in this mess.

 

But how is this possible? How could he know that she had the ability she had? She didn’t dare think that he also had the ability, that was impossible. There had to be a mistake. She had been alone for so long, so long. There couldn't be someone who understands her.

 

Could there?     

 

Forget it, she thought to herself, You have high school to face.

 

 

\(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/

 


 

Jisoo finally made it to Riverside Highschool 10 minutes after the first bell had rang. She burst through the front door and practically fell into the front office.

 

The lady sitting at the front desk barely flinched and slowly lifted her eyes to look at Jisoo. She turned to her computer. The plaque on her desk read Secretary Jessica Jung

 

Wow I hate this job, I need to get out of here. Maybe I can run to Jamaica or something. Ooooooh yeah sounds nice. No, too far. Maybe Aruba? or maybe-

 

“Name?”

    

Jisoo blinked, flustered. How could she think about one thing while saying something else?

 

“Oh, uh, yes,” she stuttered, she bowed and dusted off her pleated skirt. “Um, hi, I'm Han Jisoo, I just transferred here today.”

 

The lady rummaged through a file cabinet and pulled out a bunch of papers.

 

“That is your code of conduct packet, transcript, and on top is your daily schedule, all seven periods,” she quiped as she stapled the papers together and unceremoniously tossed the bundle to Jisoo.

 

“Your first class is calculus with Ms. Choi in room 311.”

 

Down the hall, turn left, 4th door on your right.

 

Jisoo blinked, taken aback. Secretary Jung winked and turned back to her computer. Jisoo exited the office and shook her head. Weird, very weird. I feel like I should be questioning this. Whatever, I go to this school now right? Shes the secretary, I could confront her later. First she had to find her calculus class.

 

She walked down the hall and looked around. Faded red lockers lined the walls. She walked close to them, running her hands over the metal doors. The hallways were quiet, all of the students were already in class. At the end of the hall was a bathroom and water fountain.

 

Being late 4 extra minutes couldn’t hurt, Jisoo told herself as she entered the bathroom. she whipped her makeup bag out of her backpack and quickly applied mascara and some concealer. She scarfed down a granola bar and finger combed her hair so that she didn’t look like she’d just gotten out bed. Wow uniforms . She tugged at her fitted blazer and roughed up the collar of her white button up shirt. Better.

 

When she stepped out of the bathroom, the felt like she was ready to face the judgement that is the student body. She reached Ms. Choi’s room 15 minutes into first period. She cleared her mind, preparing for the onslaught of thoughts. She put her hand on the door handle, took a deep breath, and opened the door.

 

The first thing she noticed was that the teacher was young and extremely gorgeous, and was very surprised to see her. The second thing she noticed was that everyone in the class was seated and staring at her. The third thing she noticed was the boy seated in the second row, 3rd desk from the right.

 

The boy with the big eyes.

 

\(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/

 

WHOOO first chapter over what do you guys think? I'm really really excite to introduce all the charactersssss they're really cool I promise.

Also, would you guys mind if there were some appearances of kdrama idols?

This chapter's question is: Who is your exo bias? mine is kyungsoo (surprise) \(=o=)/