002

Know Your Name

It's been over a week since Jay Park visited the shop and Hyuna hates what he's done to her. He slowly started consuming her thoughts until all she can really think about is this mysterious guy who seems to love coffee and wants to know her name.

Now instead of obsessing over anyone coming into the shop, she's watching the door closely for that floppy hair, y tattoos, and annoyingly amazing smile. She's wondering if she should have played it so cool but at the time he seemed kind of weird. 

Hyuna's slumped in a stool behind the counter and leaning over it. She's playing with a spoon in a cup of coffee she made for herself but she realized she probably shouldn't be having caffeine when she's stuck doing nothing for the next few hours. Now the coffee has turned into an object there solely to keep her hands busy while she zones out.

It's, of course, when she's not paying attention that Jay finally makes an appearance at the shop. Hyuna doesn't notice the door open or someone walking up to the counter until he stands in front of her and coughs.

Startled, Hyuna looks up and tries to hide the excitement she feels rising in her. Instead she stands up and goes to the register.

"Sorry about that, what can I get for you?"

"Your name," he says, a cheeky smile spread across his face. Hyuna hates that her first thought is that she missed his smile.

"That's not on the menu," she replies giving him a taste of his own medicine. 

"In that case, I'll take a dead eye."

Hyuna punches it into the register again and Jay drops exactly $3.50 on the counter before taking a seat at the table he was at before. 

When Hyuna brings it out him he takes it and says, "So I'm back. You said you'd give me your name if I came back."

Hyuna smiles, "I said I might give you my name if you came back."

Jay opens his mouth to protest but Hyuna is saved when the door opens and surprisingly another customer enters. Hyuna quickly takes care of him and he leaves the store happy with his Latte to go. Hyuna's happy, with the man who just left she's served more customers today than in the past 3 days combined. 

Her good mood has her humming to herself as she cleans up the counter occasionally whisper rapping out loud to her favorite song of the moment, Guilty by Dynamic Duo, as it plays over the speakers in the cafe. 

"So you can rap pretty well, make great coffee look like an art form, and be incredibly hard to get. What else can you do," Jay asks breaking Hyuna from the small world she'd been in before. She immediately stops going along with the song and looks at him.

"Oh, I forgot you were here."

"You really do love making coffee, don't you? I'm almost hurt you forgot me. But I'll let you make it up to me if you tell me your name," Jay smiles at her and leans his chair back on two legs. 

Hyuna figures she's had enough of dragging him around, "Kim Hyuna."

"Wait, what," Jay says surprise written across his face as his chair drops harshly back on all four pegs. 

"My name is Hyuna," she says shrugging and continuing to wipe down the counter. 

Jay stays silent forcing Hyuna to glance up at him. He's looking at her with a smile so big she thinks it might break his face in half. He crosses his arms and continues looking at her his bottom lip between his teeth in thought.

"Don't look so satisfied. You'll make me regret telling you," Hyuna says and walks back behind the counter.

"I was just thinking, maybe we're destined to be together," he replies. Hyuna wrinkles her nose in disgust.

"I need to take a bath after you just dumped all that grease on me," she remarks and wipes at her arms. 

Jay throws his head back in laughter, "Beautiful and full of witty remarks. I restate my earlier opinion, is there anything you can't do?"

Hyuna looks at him with a completely straight face, "Yea, get weirdos to stop being grossly cheesy."

Jay laughs again and finishes off his coffee, "I suppose you're right. I'll try to come up with better lines next time. Until then." Jay waves and then blows a kiss and winks, hamming it up as he walks towards the door. Hyuna presses her lips firmly together to keep from laughing but she can't help the smile tugging at the corner of her lips. With all his tattoos and hard angles, she didn't think he would be able to make such a fool of himself in front of a girl he was obviously trying to get.

It is that moment that Hyuna knew she was hopelessly done for.