Final

Bagging Eggs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Technology was nice to a person like Jinghua.

Being a broke college student, the coupon apps she downloaded onto her phone were a godsend (and also increased the value of her ty Nokia). She wasn’t an avid couponer however where she’d find coupons and then read the fine print just so she could find loop holes and then apply it to other coupons. No, Jinghua used them in moderation, only going a bit overboard when it was a sale of the things she needed in her life.

Like eggs, they were essential, full of protein and a part of a healthy balanced breakfast.

They were also 99 cents per carton only on a Sunday.

It was the weekend; she had lots of time, especially since she finished all her work the day before.

It was perfect.

Only, there was a limit of two per customer.

It didn’t stop Jinghua though.

All she had to do was going to a different teller each time and they wouldn’t even know.

Granted, she was pretty sure some knew but never said anything, she liked those people.

The ones who would look at her with a glare and say “hey haven’t you already bought that?” made her want to strangle them. She was a paying customer, no matter how over the limit she went, so it wasn’t as if she was committing a crime or anything. She was just bending the rules.

Usually Jinghua had no shame when it came to sales so the first time she went into the grocery store and headed to where the eggs were, she took her sweet time choosing the best of the best before she strode towards the register close to the exit.

At the particular store she was at, there were people who had on a different type of uniform than the tellers, they would go around, basically helping customers bag their groceries, and if they bought a lot, they would even help them wheel it out.

It was a nice service, especially for the elderly so Jinghua never really paid attention to them because she was capable of handling her own items.

However, she saw a mop of brown luscious looking hair, and the face that went along with that hairstyle basically took her breath away.

The bagging boy at the next register helping an elderly man was cute as .

She couldn’t stop glancing at him even as she was paying for her eggs.

As she grabbed her purchase and started walking, they made eye contact.

Jinghua panicked and looked away, shuffling out of the store as quickly as she could.

She had to do this four more times and she didn’t need him to catch onto her scheme!

*

*

*

The second time in which she bought the eggs went a whole lot smoother, the bagging boy was notably gone and Jinghua could breathe a sigh of relief even though she accidentally dropped her phone just after she showed the coupon to the teller. It was a bit embarrassing but nothing she couldn’t handle.

However it happened afterwards when Jinghua was out of the grocery s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter