fin.

Of Superstitions and Love

 

 

OST: 창공

 

Have you heard about afterlife?

 

Do you know what happens after we die?

 

Do you know where our souls will go?

 

I do not have the answers. But someone here might.

 

His name is Luhan and no one has seen him since a week ago.

 

And your question is, "Why?"

 

Easy, he dies. Buried six feet under in the ground for the past four days.

 

And this is his story. Luhan's story.

 

---

 

Luhan is your typical highschool crush, the type that's in the popular cliques, the type that breaks your heart when he waltz out of the room, the type that sweeps you off your feet the first time you look into his eyes. His personality screams bad boy but no one seems to be bothered by it because of his beautifulness.

 

You read that right, beautifulness.

 

Luhan had always been beautiful, sometimes it creeps his parents out and they have to regularly check Luhan's birth certificate to check his gender. He's a male, now that's confirmed.

 

Back to the story. Right, he's a non-believer. 

 

He doesn't believe things like religion, fate or even, soulmates. He believes that everything happens because it wants to and no force in this whole world could fight against it. Sometimes, when his classmates talks about their soulmates or all other kind of s they believe, Luhan would laugh a little too loudly against the air and the noise of the chattering would die down on its own. They couldn't comprehend if Luhan is just being a or he might really is insane. 

 

Luhan would shrug and leaves the classroom, leaving the "whys" and "whats" behind the door for him.

 

---

 

Maybe it is the way Luhan was raised, to not believe in anything.

 

Maybe it is the way how he always prayed as a kid and none of them has yet to be answered.

 

Maybe it is the way how he had lost his faith in everything.

 

Luhan doesn't know. 

 

So one day, when he sees an angel in front of him, he doesn't know what to do.

 

Scratch that, he sees a male god. 

 

There, across the street, a male god is standing under the flickering light of a run down lamp post.

 

He has exquisite features trailing around his body, not missing any corner of it. His hair of platinum colour sometimes brushes against his eyelids, performing such extravagant kind of beauty to Luhan. Luhan doesn't miss how the male god steps away, grazing over the floor like a ballerina, Luhan doesn't miss how sometimes the male god gazes around with the most beautiful pair of eyes he's ever seen.

 

Luhan knows when his heart beats way too fast, pounding against his pale chest. Luhan knows when his stomach churns at abnormal rate, sending shivers through his bones. Luhan knows when he is at mercy of his own body and the body moves on its own. 

 

Luhan now knows that the person standing fifteen feets away from him, is the love of his life.

 

And no one can fight him in that moment,

 

Unless God himself.

 

It's a cruel joke, really.

 

Of how Luhan's body suddenly collides with a thick metal, sounds of bones breaking sounds way too audible in Luhan's ears, the screams and gasps he collects at the very moment sounds very comforting somehow, and he still has his eyes on his one and only, he would name him, Sehun.

 

Oh Sehun.

 

Until his final breath, the only thing that shines his way is his newfound lover whom he never recognize. 

 

With a tear slipped out from his eyes, a smile on his lips, and a heart to love,

 

His soul flies to the sky.

 

---

 

Have you find the answer? 

 

No?

 

Too bad.

 

I told you, you might get the answers.

 

And now you don't, what else do we need?

 

Oh, right. You want to know about Luhan's little lover boy?

 

You want to know whether Luhan's soulmate is Sehun?

 

Let's just say, that is way beyond our thinking. 

 

No one knows.

 

---

 

The platinum haired boy turns his body around, blood is everywhere, some spots of the blood are on his clothes. Way to traumatize someone, Luhan!

 

The boy who is laying on the ground is staring straight to him, flashing a weak smile though the blood in his mouth is spilling out. The platinum haired boy who is still in a shock condition, however, smiles back to Luhan. 

 

The platinum haired boy swears he feels all déjà vu inside his mind. Sehun doesn't mind but yet he suddenly feels empty inside his chest.

 

Strange, he thought out loud.

 

Then, he leaves.

 

Disappears into the crowd, and never been seen since that.

 

Love is a really strange thing.

 

---

 

Author's Note;

OMG! I KNOW?! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! Ugh, the ending . OKAY OKAY I KNOW, I promise you guys to stop writing but OMG IDEAS KEEP COMING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT LOL. Now, lemme promise you something, this is my last until November.