My Lunch Buddy

30 Days With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a bright sunny day at the park. The branches of the trees were swaying gleefully

 as the  cool wind caressed them lovingly.

 The soft and melancholic aura of the lake gave me a feel of calmness, peace, and serenity.

 The ambiance of the place is inviting. That's why I like it here. Just sitting under the cool 

shade of the trees along the lake, and just thinking about the beauty of life. 

I come and visit here often. Whenever I get a vacant time, I come here. I always come here. 

I find comfort in here. And this has become my favorite place.

 

 Peeking the time at my wrist watch, 4:18, I got up from my sitting position then brushed

 invisible debris out of the back of my jeans.

 

"Aaaaah this feels so good." I exhaled contentedly as I stretched both my hands up in the air.

 As I was turning around, I heard someone say, "Oh no.. Just a little bit longer.. No no no.. Ehrm".

 I looked around and saw no one except for a girl who's sitting on a bench, directly in front of me,

 and holding for what seemed to be a sketch pad and pencil. An artist, maybe.

 

"Hi..uhm.." She said while clearly fidgeting in her seat. Is she talking to me?

 To clear my confusion, I again looked around and yeah, there's no one except for the both of us.

 

"Oh.. Hi there.." I trailed off as I saw her not looking up to me. "You were talking to me, right?" She looked up.

 "Oh no no.. I was actually talking to the girl behind you." What??? 

 I slowly turned around, wide eyed, and bam! No one. Nothing. 

I looked back at her and saw her form a huge grin. Dafuq!

 

I glared at her, sending daggers straight to her soul. "What was that for?" I asked her sternly.

 I saw her grin immediately fell, and was replaced by a simple smile.

 "Haha I'm sorry. I was trying to be sarcastic when I said that, but yeah I'm sorry." 

Her smile is kind of different. There's a different vibe. Hmm

 

"Why would you respond sarcasm to me? We're not even that close. I don't even know you."

 I said with a straight face. She scratched her head. 

 "Yeah I know. But it's just me, you know. I can't help it." This time her smile completely fall

 off from her pretty features.

 "Fine. But do know that it's rude." I concluded the conversation then started to walk away, 

heading for the concrete path which leads to the park's exit.

"Sorry again." I heard her mutter but it didn't stop me from walking away.

 "Wait.." I heard her say again, this time with footsteps and a hand, grabbing my arm

 to halt my movement. 

 

"What now?" I told her. She smiled again. This girl is definitely weird. 

"I kind of feel uncomfortable when I know someone is hating on me. Forgive me please." 

She said while handing me a piece of paper. I grabbed the paper.

 It was a sketch of me, sitting by the lake, with nature as a background.

 Wow this looked realistic. It's beautiful.

 "I admit. This is good." I responded with a controlled face, but yeah it was amazing! 

"Will you forgive me if I give it to you?" she said with a pleading eyes. Cute.

 "I'll think about it." I chicly stated, then continued walking with the paper in hand.

 This time, my amusement was not hidden, a smile finally broke off.

 

"You are smiling! Ha! Am I forgiven?" She said while walking enthusiastically beside me.

 "I said I'll think about it." I smirked at her. "Or.." she muttered while stopping her tracks.

 "Or?" I asked, unconsciously stopping my pace. 

"Or you can just give me your name as an exchange for my drawing?" Haha she's good.

"I can do that. But I thought you said you'll feel uncomfortable with me still hating you? 

Don't you want my forgiveness?" I crossed my arms over my chest to further elaborate my point.

"I can get it next time." she said with full of confidence. 

Next time? Ha!  "Next time huh?" I smirked.

 "Yeah, next time. Name please? I'm Kim Taeyeon by the way." she then extended her hand.

 Nice name. "Fine. I'm Jessica Jung." A smile once again crept on my face as

 I shook hands with her. I heard her mumble something but I wasn't able to decipher it.

 "You said something?" She replied by giving me another smile, 

a sheepish look is really cute on her. 

"Uhm I have to go now. I'll see you tomorrow, okay? Bye Sica!" she then run away with her case,

  leaving me standing agape. Eh? Sica? She's giving me a nickname already? Aish that girl.

 But yeah, I like it. But wait, tomorrow? Huh? Aigoo. She's too full of herself. Tsk.

 

The Next Day

 

"Soo, what do you think of my designs?" I asked Sooyoung. 

She's the official model of my brand, also my good friend. 

"Why would you ask me that? I'm a model. And swear, I'm not saying this because I'm your friend, 

     but do know that anything you design looks really good on me. So don't worry." she said with a wink.

 "Really? Owh Soo!" I stood up from my leather chair, planning to give Sooyoung a hug.

 Hinting from my action, Sooyoung continued herself, "Well, part of the reason is that I'm a really good 

model and anything I wear looks elegant. Even a rag." She grinned.

 "Oh God! The ego of this girl." I stopped myself from hugging her, and slumped back on my chair instead.

  "Haha just kidding Jess. But yeah, you're always like that, always worrying about your designs 

       and then when it becomes available in the market, it always end up becoming sold out

       and stuff like that. Tsk. I'm starting to think of increasing my modeling fee for your brand.

       Haha can we do that?" 

Her eyebrows kept on moving up and down. Cute. Childish Sooyoung.

 "Nope." The movement of her brows halted.

 "Tsk. Jessica so cheap." she pouted.

 "Yah! I'll go bankrupt if I always do that for you. Don't you have a photo shoot to do?

      Ha ha you're being lazy, maybe I'll cut  some of your fee."

She quickly stood up with her index finger moving left and right.

 "Andwae, honey you can't do that. I'm just gonna go now, okay?" 

She leaned on my desk and gave me a quick kiss goodbye on the cheek.

 "Okay bye." A triumphant smile formed in my lips as Sooyoung walked out 

of my office. I leaned my back on the chair and closed my eyes, even just for

 a minute to relax. It's already past one in the afternoon and I still haven't eaten 

lunch yet. So much work to do.

 

There was a brief beep before I heard my secretary speak on the intercom.

 "Miss Jung, someone is looking for you." Still eyes closed, I responded, "Who?"

 "She said her name is Kim Taeyeon." My eyes quickly flicked open.

 "Should I send her in?" 

"Oh.. Yeah sure. Of course."

 

*knock knock*

 

"Hi Sica!" Taeyeon's head popped first after my secretary opened

 the door for her. "Thanks Hara. You can go now." She smiled, bowed, 

then closed the door behind Taeyeon. 

"Taeyeon, what brought you here? How did you know I work here?" 

I stood up from my chair, and walked towards the couch where I usually 

receive my guests. I motioned for her to seat across me.

"Well, first of, I'm here to ask for your forgiveness and second,

     you're quite famous, you're easy to find." she said then winked. 

Oh my gosh the nerve of this kid. But she's cute with that grin. 

Ugh what is happening to me?

 

"Stalker! Hmmm. You want my forgiveness, right?" she nodded,

 "then treat me for lunch. Every day for a month."

 I'm sorry, I just said that because I'm hungry, nothing more.

 "Call." Her dignified look made me stare at her in disbelief.

 "What?"

 "I said call. I'll do that."

 "I was kidding Taeyeon."

 "Should we start today?"

 "Huh? Didn't you hear me?"

 "I heard you just fine Sica. But once I said I'll do it then I'll do it. Let's go?

 You haven't eaten your lunch yet?"

 "No."

 "Okay, let's go."

 

"What do you want to eat?" Taeyeon told me as we were standing along a

 road where a chain of restaurants are located.

 Ice cream and pastry shops are also found in the place. Wow the smell in here is nice.

 Beef. Grilled pork. Sweets too? Uwaah this place is heaven. 

"Sica. Sica!" then I realized that Taeyeon was talking to me when I saw her palm

 waved in front of me.

 "Oh hmm?" 

"I asked what do you want to eat, then you spaced out? Am I that boring of a companion?"

 she pouted. Cute. It makes me want to call her something cute. Hmmm oh!

"Aigoo Taengoo-ah. Stop pouting okay? It makes me want to pinch your cheek so badly."

 she smiled at me, and this is the first time that I feel it being genuine. 

She's real happy. I'm glad. "Taengoo?" she repeated.

 "Why? can't I call you that? Whatever, you keep on calling me Sica anyway,

      so deal with it. Let's go. I'm hungry." and with that, I starte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter