END

L'exquisite Douleur
Please log in to read the full chapter

So I have some bad news guys. This will be the last chapter. It's incomplete and I don't plan on finishing it. My writing style has progressed and changed significantly since I wrote this. It's a lot more polished and refined, and whenever I look back and read the chapters I wrote, I have to resist the urge to just delete everything. I also didn't exactly know where the plot was going, so I feel like it was all kind of a mess. I've started a different Yoongi x OC series called Youth, which you can find on my profile.

I'm sorry to disappoint those who really liked this story. I plan on one day going back and writing another mafia series that's a lot more better than this one, but until then, I bid you all farewell. xxx

“Who the are you?”

 

 

Yeuna’s trembling form towered over him, metal chair flipped against marble flooring. Her slender fingers dug into the oak surface of the table. Her breath came out in short bursts of anger, and what little air that reached her lungs quickly left in exhales between gritted teeth.

 

“Relax,” Youngjae murmured. “You’re drawing a lot of attention.”

 

Yeuna tore her savage glare away from him, noting the fact that she was causing a scene in front of the unrecognizable faces of locals who were just there for coffee dates with friends. They were staring cautiously at her, their peace disturbed.

 

She bowed, muttering an apology as she picked up the chair to sit stiffly back down into it. She refused to look at Youngjae, opting to burn her gaze into her balled up fists that rested against the table as she struggled to control her breathing. “Who are you?” she repeated, the question a mere whisper.

 

Youngjae sighed, bringing up a hand to scratch at his face with clipped nails.

 

“I didn’t lie to you about my name, and everything I’ve told you about myself is true- well, for the most part.” A look of guilt marred his features. “I think you already have a good guess about who I really am though.”

 

Her eyes widened, flashbacks of orange hair, black eyes and twisted smiles overwhelmed her senses. There was no way that he could be with them. There was no way that someone like Youngjae could be apart of a group so heinous and commit such atrocious acts. But then Yeuna thought of Jungkook and how he had attempted to seduce her with fraudulent smiles as he cooed kind words laced with venom.

 

“It’s not what you think,” Youngjae said quickly, noting the panic that began to spread across her normally blatant features. “I mean it is, but it isn’t.” He ran a hand through his hair in frustration before gently resting it over Yeuna’s clenched fists.

 

She flinched at his touch, resisting the urge to pull back from the once warm skin that now felt like acid.

 

“By now you’ve probably figured out that the people who kidnapped you are all part of some gang, but to be more specific, the mafia.” He paused, noting the way that she began to pull back, and his hands quickly encompassed hers in a firm grip. “You’re probably wondering how I know all this and you’re probably really freaked out right now, but please hear me out.”

 

Yeuna nodded, unable to speak past the blockage in .

 

“The people who kidnapped you go by the name Bangtan. There’s not anyone on the streets who doesn’t know that name and will run like hell at the mention it. They control almost the entire city and are in charge of the majority of the trafficking in the city and sell a hell lot of opiates.”

 

“And what the hell does that make you?” she asked, tone accusatory.

 

“I’m part of B.A.P. We control the other half of the city and we’ve been rivals with Bangtan for as long as I can remember.”

 

Yeuna took a deep breath, trying to soak all of the information in. Her kidnappers now had a name to them. “What does this have to do with my brother? Are you here to kill me?”

 

Youngjae shook his head vigorously. “Of course not!” He paused to cautiously scan the pedestrians passing by the cafe. “They really have been keeping an eye on you.” He let out a sound of annoyance. “This has everything to do with your brother.  Didn’t you ever find it weird how your brother was the top student of his school, was revered for his genius IQ, and had a promising internship- but killed himself?”

 

Yeuna was silent as she mulled, but then she was angry. Angry at herself. Angry because while everything Youngjae was saying about her brother was true, she never noticed it. She was too caught up in her distorted sense of guilt that she never stopped to question it all. Her brother was happy. He had a bright future and was going places, and then he just died.

 

No one had ever questioned it. Everyone had just assumed that the pressure of a kid coming from a dirt poor family struggling to make it to the top had taken its toll on him. Everyone had just assumed that he was just stressed and lonely and couldn’t take the solitude anymore. There was no deep mea

Please log in to read the full chapter