All I Want for Christmas

All I Want for Christmas

 


 

It was currently the 24th of December and finally, by some Christmas miracle, snow began to cascade down from the heavens early that morning, coating the city with a fresh blanket of white and making the already well-decorated streets below their apartment look even more magical and even more beautiful than they already did.

This, paired with the wonderful, wonderful scent of food wafting around their sixth floor apartment was definitely an amazing thing to wake up to. Baekhyun opens his eyes slowly to the smell of cinnamon and coffee dancing into his nostrils as the door slowly creaked open revealing a sheepishly grinning Chanyeol who slowly shuffles into their bedroom with a tray held firmly in his large hands. A soft chuckle seeps out of Baekhyun’s throat at the sight of his boyfriend in a ridiculously festive Christmas sweater designed as Santa’s coat paired with his favorite Rilakkuma pajama bottoms and the fluffy white bear-claw cozy slippers he’d gotten from Kyungsoo a few days before. Chanyeol’s hair is artfully mussed in the way Baekhyun always finds insanely attractive, looking all fluffy and cute pushed down underneath a wooly Santa hat which chimed with every movement thanks to the tiny bell stitched into the white pom-pom on top. “Good morning.” Chanyeol’s voice is torturously deep thanks to the early morning, sending a flurry of butterflies around Baekhyun’s stomach as his handsome lover sank down onto the soft mattress beside him, giving the shorter male that ludicrously adorable smile as he places the tray onto Baekhyun’s lap.

There are three waffles artfully plated onto the cute Reindeer plates Jongdae had bought them as a gag gift, sprinkled with cinnamon and syrup along with a fresh cup of steaming coffee and a bowl of mixed fruits. Baekhyun grins at the sight, taking a whiff of the single white peony (his favorite flower) sticking out of a thin vase on one corner. “You didn’t have to,” Baekhyun croons, feeling his cheeks stretch wide to accommodate the smile which only continued to grow the more he took in what was in front of him. His arms shot out to wrap around his boyfriend’s sturdy shoulders, face buried into the warm crook of Chanyeol’s neck as Baekhyun nosed at his collar, breathing in the wonderful scent of home as Chanyeol’s soft laughter rumbled against his chest.

“I wanted to,” Chanyeol hummed, “Merry Christmas Eve, Baek.”

“Merry Christmas Eve, Yeol,” Baekhyun replied.

“Let’s make this the best Christmas yet.”

 

 

Much of the day was spent with the couple either cuddled up on their sofa with a list of Christmas movies playing or prancing about in their kitchen with a medley of festive carols ringing throughout their home as they prepared for the coming festivities. As per tradition, the two would be having their own celebration on the Eve and would be heading to Chanyeol’s parents’ restaurant the next day for the small party Mrs. Park had arranged for their families and friends.

At about six in the evening, Baekhyun is pretty much jobless as he sits by the breakfast bar overlooking their kitchen, wine glass in hand as he watches his handsome lover finally set the roast into the oven while also simultaneously sautéing some vegetables on the stovetop and humming along to ‘Winter Wonderland’ playing through their speaker system. A warm, radiant smile can be seen on Baekhyun’s pink face as his eyes trail after his boyfriend, watching Chanyeol work seamlessly around the kitchen and thinking how absolutely ravishing the taller male looks in the plain white button down and black slacks combo he had on. Chanyeol’s charcoal locks were tamed back into a sleek little quiff, showing off his clear forehead and making the man seem even more devilishly handsome than he already was in Baekhyun’s eyes. In fact, Baekhyun was so caught up daydreaming of his perfect little partner that he barely even heard the boy call out to him, making the older male turn a bright red as he cleared his throat.

“Maybe you should go take a bath now, Baekhyunnie,” Chanyeol was suggesting, leaving the stove for a minute to weave around the counter and place his arms around his shorter boyfriend for a minute. “Go ahead and relax for an hour while the food cooks. I’ll be waiting out here to be absolutely speechless when I see you after you’re done.”

“You’re the best,” Baekhyun breaths, smiling contentedly as Chanyeol peppers soft kisses along the groove of his neck. “And I love you.”

“Go be pretty for me, Baekkie,” Chanyeol smiles, ushering Baekhyun up and patting him on the .

Baekhyun spends the next hour or so soaking up in a warm bath with the silliest smile on his face, wondering how in the hell he got so lucky.

 

 

An few minutes left till midnight finds the couple cuddled together on the soft rug by the Christmas tree, leaning against the front of the sofa and on each other as they munched on a few Christmas cookies (courtesy of Baekhyun’s mom) and sipped on a few glasses of wine. There’s a steady flow of conversation as the pair reminisce over the past four Christmases spent together, and even further reminiscing to the Christmases of their childhoods as they progressively became more tipsy and even more tangled up in each other’s embrace. Baekhyun’s cheeks have turned a wonderful shade of rose and Chanyeol has not failed to point this out a few dozen times over the course of their night; warm palm caressing the pinked skin with such delicate care and a completely mesmerized twinkle in his eyes, making Baekhyun turn even rosier than red.

When the clock struck midnight, Baekhyun’s heart fluttered and stuttered as Chanyeol leaned down to capture his lips, tasting all sorts of lovely as their breaths mingled into one. Baekhyun shifts onto his boyfriend’s lap as Chanyeol’s arms wind incredibly tight around him, holding the male close as their hearts thudded in sync. As they part for air, there’s a wondrously bright sparkle in Chanyeol’s expression that renders Baekhyun utterly speechless as he stares down at the taller boy; fingers lovingly playing with his lover’s adorably big ears with a contented sigh leaving his lips as he fell into Chanyeol’s chest, taking refuge in the man’s warmth.

“Hey, Baek,” Chanyeol breathes out after a while, drawing patterns across the back of Baekhyun’s shirt with slightly shaky fingers. “I want to show you something.”

“Okay,” Baekhyun replies, sitting up to that they faced each other. A soft, nervous smile settles on Chanyeol’s face as the boy clears his throat, reaching out under the tree for a square box neatly wrapped up in festive paper. “Is that mine?” Baekhyun teases.

“Nope,” Chanyeol says cryptically, “Well. Not technically. This is my gift.”

“Chanyeol, I saw you wrapping that a few days ago,” Baekhyun can’t help but laugh, “Do you mean to tell me you bought yourself a Christmas gift?”

“Well, no, not really,” Chanyeol chuckled, rubbing a hand across the back of his neck as a warm, even flush settled on the apples of his cheeks.

“Okay…?”

“Listen,” Chanyeol clears his throat, “Since probably the beginning of this month, people have been asking me what I want for Christmas this year. What gift should they give me? What do I really want? And it made me think. There’s only really one thing I want this Christmas.”

“And what’s that, my little weirdo?” Baekhyun chuckled.

“You,” Chanyeol states simply, “You’re really all I want for Christmas.”

“O…kay? I’m not following. What does that have to do with the gift, then?” There’s a confused wrinkle in Baekhyun’s brow and Chanyeol smooths it over with a finger before slowly finding the box in his lap again, tearing the wrapping apart to reveal a plain, white box. Chanyeol chuckles, taking the lid off and revealing a mass of colorful tissue paper. His hand sinks into the package, fumbling around until they land on whatever else is in the mysterious present. The tall boy suddenly pulls his legs out from underneath his lover as he clears his throat once again and Baekhyun’s heart immediately leaps and tears spring to the surface as soon as Chanyeol lifts his hand up at the same time the boy shuffles up to kneel on one knee.

“Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. You are the greatest gift I could ever have received in my life. I don’t want you just for Christmas. I want you, and only you, for the rest of our lives. So, my wonderful, beautiful, perfect little Bacon, would you do me the greatest honor in this world? Baekhyun, will you marry me?”

Yes!

 


 

Once again, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a sincere Happy Holidays! as usual, please feel free to comment, upvote and check out my other works if you enjoyed this, i would really, really love to know what you thought!

also, if you guys want to share your festive experiences or just chat in general, do feel free to hmu

twitter | tumblr