This Is Stupid

Lights! Cameras! Strike a Pose-
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sunny was at the S station’s rooftop garden. Sunny leaned against the ledge and rested her chin over her arms. She liked the way the cold breeze blew her hairs, the smell of the earthy scent after the rain, and the freshness in the air. She inhaled deeply, trying to ease the confusion in her head. The meeting with the staffs from S station went surprisingly well. It puzzled her. Before the meeting, she was sure that she’s going to be demoted or removed from the team. Hundred percent sure. But she didn’t. Han was the S station’s favorite and considering what had happened yesterday, shouldn’t he be telling the management and make her lost her job? Logically speaking, who the hell wants to work with their ex-es?

She ran her fingers over her hair. Just what is he up to?

She was brought out from her stupor when her phone rang. She immediately picked it up, not looking at the caller ID but remembered to smile –the tip that she learnt when she was still a management trainee years ago– before she hit the green icon on the screen. “Hello, Soon-D’s speaking. How can I help you?” she sing-songed, smiling to no one in particular, but immediately her smile was replaced with a deep frown when the caller spoke.

“Practice room 5, in 30 minutes and don’t be late.”

Just that and he hung up.

The rude attitude wasn’t the sole cause of her frown because the caller was Han. Just thinking about him made her blood boiled.

Sure she doesn’t want anything to do with him but she knew that she was at the cheating bastard’s mercy and she doesn’t have any choice but to agree to whatever he comes up with. Reluctantly, she grabbed her coat on the bench and head downstairs to hail for a cab.

 

Seunghyun sipped his freshly brewed warm latte, eyes on anywhere in an attempt to ignore Youngbae’s glare. Seunghyun is very good at it. After the meeting ended, Youngbae had dragged him out from the building and drove them to the café –exclusive café that you need to make a reservation to hang out but since they knew the owner, they can come anytime– and Youngbae was quiet since then.

He knew his friend was mad at him. But that wasn’t new though. Youngbae is always mad at him. Seunghyun made a mental note that he’d put up his manager’s name in one of the anger management therapies.

He needs the therapy like human needs air.

The actor waited for him to say something, anything, about the recent meet with the founder but 10 minutes passed and his friend still doesn’t say anything. He dared to peek over his glass and saw him with his phone.

“Bae—”

“I have to go,” Youngbae announced suddenly. He packed up his things and stood up. “In the meantime when I’m not around, why don’t you spend you free time wisely. Do some self-reflect or-,” then he shrugged his shoulders. He doesn’t wait for his reply as he went to the door, mumbling something about Seungri’s death or something like that.

Seunghyun stared at Youngbae’s cup, frowning to see the cup was left untouched, together with the Napoleon he ordered.

He sighed.

Sometimes the chairman, Yang-seonsaengnim loves to create a mountain over a molehill. He should’ve listened to his explanation before he succumbed to the rumors. Seunghyun was freed from schedules for undefined period— it could be weeks, months, or even years. The thought of him being jobless for months had him shivered. It’s like he on his way kissing his career goodbye.

He sighed again as he sliced the cake with his fork and devoured the sweets with no guilt. Before, he was going under a strict diet, but since he was jobless, two slices of cake is nothing. Maybe if he develops a round stomach, he’d be casted as Santa Clause for the winter drama. He always wanted to play Santa.

He was brought back from his thought when he remembered Youngbae. He promised to make up to Youngbae since his manager also got an earful from the founder regarding the scandals. No wonder Youngbae was mad at him.

 

Sunny arrived at the practice room 5 and had a few minutes to spare. She tried to call Han but he probably was busy because the calls didn’t reach him and they went straight to the mailbox. She was thirsty and left the room to buy a drink from the vending machine. Although her uncle owned the building, Sunny has a bad sense of direction. She often gets lost in the building despite of years working there since the building is constantly renovates and expands. Sometime she just wishes for her uncle to stop. The building is already large enough for the artists under their agency as it is.

She stared at the beverages selection and pondered to choose from them. After a minute –no more, no less– of thinking, she settled with coffee. She was sleep deprived and she just needs a dose of sugar and caffeine to boost her energy. She reached for her coin purse but realized that she’s short of a couple of wons. She frantically searched for the coins but couldn’t find any.

“Here.”

She saw a hand and the wanted coins in it. She smiled, handing her hand out to receive the coins but her smile flattened once she lifted her head to meet the other person’s eyes.

The last person that I want to meet. After Han.

Seeing the other person’s smile made her want to rake her eyes’ out. It was too fake, almost as fake as her fake s.

“Take it, Soonkyu-ssi,” she urged. When Sunny didn’t take it, she inserted the coins into the slot and pressed the coffee that she wanted, with sugar and creamer, just the way she likes it.

Sunny crossed her arms over her chest, displeased at her action. More importantly, how did she know her coffee? She observed the girl, she didn’t look so beaten up and she doesn’t seem to be scared of her. The machine beeped and the girl took the hot beverage, before handing it to the much shorter girl.  Sunny accepted it with an intense eyes roll in lieu of thanking the girl.

She got her coffee and realized that she was late to meet Han. She spun her heels around, heading towards the room she went earlier. The other girl followed her, and Sunny had to restraint herself from yelling at the younger.

“So you’re meeting Han-sunbaenim?”

Sunny rolled her eyes once again. Too bad that the younger didn’t get see it.

“I’m on my way to see him, too.”

Oh great, another eyes roll, she swore by the end of the day, her eyes will fall out of their sockets. “Talk to me again and I’ll hit you again.” She pushed the door open; frowning deeper when she saw her ex was already there. She was expecting him to be angry; after all, Han abhors people whom are not punctual. But instead, he smiled at the girl behind her and then had his eyes on her band-aided palms.

The new idol –surprisingly she still doesn’t know her name although she is one of the agency artists– went to Han and he quickly took her hand in his, smiling at his new girlfriend. Sunny closed her eyes and rolled them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter