Seven007

The Broken Girl

Seven007

I checked my phone when I got back, there was missed calls from Jimin and Iri but I didn't bother with them. They needed some time alone, I texted Jimin saying I was fine and texted Iri that it was getting late anyway and told her to have fun. 

After that I shut it off and threw it against the wall, it was tough so I knew it wouldn't break so easily. 

I just needed a night to mourn for the love that never was. I'll be fine in the morning, at least that's what I told myself. 

~

I ignored them as best as I can. I grew distant, I didn't want to be blinded by their happiness when I'm so miserable. By god, I'm Bella from Twilight except less pathetic and more productive. 

I put my all into my songs, I make them now with Yoongi. If he noted my change in attitude he was sensible enough not to mention. 

"Kook-ah!" Iri waved at me when she came in with Jimin. I smiled a bit and waved, then turned back to the computer. I saw her frowning in the mirror but I dismissed it, she just needs to break habit. Now that Jimin's back, she doesn't need me holding her hand again. 

After practice, Namjoon wanted to celebrate Jimin's return. I wanted to go home, and wallow in self pity but Hoseok hooked my neck to keep me from bailing. 

Jimin laughed in acceptance and pulled Iri with him. She turned back to look at me for a second before I reverted my eyes to stare at anywhere but her. It still hurts. 

"Jungkook..." I was in charge of getting the orders when she suddenly came up behind me. "Are you mad at me?" What do you want me to say?

"No, why would you think that?" I answered, hadn't even meant to sound so cold. She shut up for a moment and then I felt guilt bubbling up. It's not her fault after all, "Look I'm happy for you. Hyung's back, you should be thrilled."

"I am." She smiled that adorable smile of hers, I turned to the counter so I wouldn't see it. "But you don't seemed to be. Are you unhappy Jimin's back?"

"Why wouldn't I be happy?" I countered. "You're back with him now, so I doubt you need me any-"

"Why would you say that?" She asked me the same question before. Dejavu. "You're my friend."

"Yes, but he's your best friend." I kept my bitterness from my tone. I was only her friend after all. 

"Iri?" Jimin called. 

I looked at her one more time, before glaring at her. She flinched from it, "You should get back to him. Don't worry, I can take the orders."

~

"Kook what did you say to Iri?" Jimin pulled me away as I was in a conversation with Taehyung. The latter just shrugged and waved me off. 

I looked at my hyung, "Nothing, what makes you think I've said anything to her?"

"Because she seemed upset when she came back to our seat?" He said, not really a question more a statement. "Look don't shut her out just because I'm back. I'm glad she talking more with the hyungs. She seemed genuinely happy."

"It's not my place. We're just friends," I assured him. "I'll talk to her, I promise."

He looked at me one last time before nodding and going back to Iri. He whispered something into her ear and she giggled, I will miss that most of all I think. 

I took a deep breath to keep the tears out. I will not cry, I will not. 

~

I only talked to her when she wanted something, other than that she's with Jimin. Where she belongs. She tried for a few days but then stopped completely. 

I shouldn't be sad, I wanted that to happen. But I couldn't help that a part of me had been ripped apart from me. Why am I being so dramatic? You were virtually friends with her some four months, no need to be a baby about it. 

We see each other but don't talk anymore. The hyungs are worried that we had a fight. Jimin was worried but I assured them nothing was wrong. How could it, when there was nothing between us in the first place?

----

A/N: I want to say thank you to all those who took the time to leave me comments. I appreciate it!