It's For The Project

Change Him, This One Is Too Hot

It has been a long time since she uploaded her first ever video on YouTube, Banu vaguely remembered as she sketched on a piece of paper while sitting in an airplane for an eleven hour flight. She had come so far from there; from just another teenager to one of the most famous YouTubers, it was surreal. She had started small. Her first ever acting scene was in a friend's video which was only for the sake of it, and then she started her own channel when she was able to buy herself a camera, with videos on music video reactions, kpop inclusive, and vlogs, little inspirational messages and a strive to build in hopes in fellows dealing with depression as she had been too at some point in her life, and how to's on so many different things. Her main inspiration came from the people who watched her videos, who took out their precious time to leave a like, and those that made her day with small comments giving her ideas and things they would like to see from her.

She had imagined this all her life, and it was finally coming true. What she had not imagined, however, and had still happened, was that she would be contacted by a renown Korean producer regarding a romantic film between different nationalities. It was to be shot in Korea, and included various actors from all over the world. She had gone for an audition of course, in hopes of landing herself a supporting role at most, but luck had been in her favor, and she had successfully marked her place as the female protagonist. This was all too imaginary to be happening, but here she was, flying from her homecountry to Korea.

______________________

 

'Are you ing with me right now?!' Banu thought when she saw a thin and slender man walk into the room. She had landed in Korea three hours ago, and with just some juice and cookies that filled her stomach for a timid period of time, her temporary manager took her straight to the production company, not even giving her a chance to change out of her flight clothes. While she was still in her blue furry hoodie, they were waiting for their first script reading, where all the confirmed actors, whether supporting or lead, were to be together and read out a line or two from their scripts with utmost related facial expressions and emotions. It was going to be fun for her, because she had thought that no one that famous would be here for something as stupid as a supposedly 'international project', right? To her, it sounded like a dumb idea that no one seemed interested in, but was she wrong.

Here, she saw faces that she had only ever seen in tabloids and international gossiping websites before. In this room, she met people she had only ever dreamed of meeting or only ever watched in dramas, and here she felt as if she was the least famous out of them all. And in this room, came and sat next to her in an empty seat a man she distinguishably remembered fangirling over, crying over, obsessing over. She remembered being depressed over him, and the unwanted memory was as clear as crystal. She prayed to whoever that would listen to her for him to be sitting in the wrong place, hopefully in the wrong room even, and she internally cried for years when she identified the nametag behind his seat to be the same as his name; Luhan.

She let him freeze her to death when he motioned a quick nod in her direction, a quick hello, and a simple smile that brought back all the agony and pain any fangirl feels she had thought she left behind all those days ago. 

"Hello, my name is Luhan," he said in English, a really cute accent dripping from his rich vocals, facing her. 'Oh no.' She wanted to look away but it was too late. She was going to work with him for the next few months, she could not let her first impression be this terrible. So instead, she looked him in the eyes, just like he had hoped, smiled, and disclosed in fluent Korean, "Hi, I'm Banu, hoping to work with you well!"

"Woahh!" his eyes sparkled in shock and mischief. "You can speak Hangul?" It was so easy for him to be a multilingual.

Banu smiled again, a genuine one this time. Maybe it was not going to be as bad as she had started fearing afterall.

 

After a speedy and expeditious introduction of every actor present, and script reading, where Banu had read her part nervously, mind you, they were free to leave. She sighed, as if she had held her breath all this time, and switched back to reality when Luhan left his seat. She packed up a few things, clutched her bag, and sent her manager a message signaling her exit, when he came along and patted her on the shoulder. 

"Aren't you forgetting something?" When she turned, he handed her a file filled with papers. Her copy of the script. She gasped, and he smiled.

"It's alright, haha! Just don't forget to mug up the lines! I forgot mine in my first ever shoot!" She blushed.

So as in an attempt for her to not go away this early, he came near her, making her heartbeat irrational, and whispered in her ear, "You know, there are quite some scenes in there, I'm sure you'd love them! Have fun," he winked, and left soon after.

 

_____________

 

Korea was nice. It was almost exactly like what she had seen in the Korean dramas and movies that she loved watching. It had been three days since her flight, and she had already experienced a new and positively different world. Contrary to popular belief, everyone was friendly here, and the producer was doing a good job helping her out. She had attended two practice lessons with the producer and his assistants, but both the times Luhan was seen missing due to a hectic schedule. 

But that did not stop him from taking her number and texting her on KakaoTalk every night. They chatted for an hour or two every night, and yesterday he even called her on the phone. He would wish her sweet dreams every time, and he even promised to let her win in all games that they ever play together. He ensured her that they would always keep in touch, and that he would never let her leave anyway. If she put aside his celebrity status, he was a nice gentleman, and he showed that he cared for her. He was a family oriented person, and that was attractive. He admitted that he has dated once, after being rejected by one girl thrice, and was flabbergasted when she declared that she had yet to experience a romantic relationship. It was unwritten, but they had gotten much closer in these few hours, it truly felt like Banu was lovestruck, if it was even possible.

'It must be tough for him,' Banu silently thought to herself, as she walked in for her third and final lesson, learning that the male lead was missing in action again. It was not pity, her voice was laced with sadness for him.

In short, the plot was about a famous Chinese celebrity coming to Korea and ending up falling for a tourist. She was going to practice some more of her lines with the producer's assistant, and there was even a kiss scene today. 'Who practices kiss scenese? Gosh, how embarrassing!' Banu thought in her mother tongue.

 

She was practicing her lines for one last time in front of the mirrored wall when the wooden door flew open and a Luhan wearing all black came in.

"Sorry I'm so late! It was the traffic."

"I'm surprised," the main producer hummed with a chuckle.

"You're practicing my favorite scene today. I would not have missed it for the world."

Banu blushed, glanced away from Luhan, and told the producer, "Sir, can you please change him, I can't act with him. This one is too hot!" evoking laughter.

 

Later that night, Luhan offered to drive her to her hotel, much to the manager's dislike. As they sat in his car, Banu asked, by this time totally annoyed, "What's wrong with this manager?"

"He's Korean, that's wha-" Luhan began in a funny tone, but was immediately stopped as his eyes met hers and he became fully aware of how close she was to him. All this time he had texted her, and talked with her on the phone, he had thought of the image of her in their first meeting he had in mind. He knew that he was all in for her this time, but this was new. She was even more beautiful in person, when she was close to him and the two were alone.

"Hey, there is a part that I would like to practice some more," Luhan acknowledged.

"Oh? Which? Let me take out-" But she was not given a chance. Before she could do or say some more, Luhan's lips were on hers, and they tasted just as sweet and manly as his cologne.

"What the-?" Banu whispered through a smile between the kiss.

"Shh, it's for the project!" their little smiles making the kiss even more pleasant. 

"Have I ever told you how kissable your lips are?" he whispered, enjoying it to the fullest.

"There's always a first time." She could get used to this. 

Little had she known, the movie plot that she was cast in would actually become her real life story.