// episode 5 ;

Real JJP Series

  

// episode 5 ; out with the old is an understatement

 

requester : phoebear_

summary : even though this was all arranged, in the end the way how the collide with each other, one will always fall.

genre : wolf au, a/b/o verse - omega!jaebum , alpha!jinyoung
rated : occasional use of swearing ; lowkey 2 jae tbh.

 

Ready? Let’s go. Jaebum has to always think to himself before stepping out of his home. His hand will always hold onto the knob as if he’s about to make the biggest decision of his life. Thing is, he knows he’s leaving his safe haven; like a princess in that tall tower waiting for her prince. Except, there was no waiting for anyone.

 

Before turning the knob, his forehead would lean against the door, eyes closed. Taking those deep breaths in and out. Counting to himself as every second passes. On the last breath, his hand turns the knob and he pulls away before opening the door. Let’s go.

 

Though his face said he was a brutally cold person and that no one should bother with him, the aura that he gave off was what made every person want to devour him. It would give Jaebum shivers down his spine, legs paralyzed as if he is unable to walk, deaf by hearing a white noise that filled his ears. Stepping out of his house was needed for him to not just get used to the environment but, to get some fresh air.

 

The male called himself crazy for choosing the area he chose to live and go to school in. Hell, even his parents thought so; but they just want their baby boy to make his decisions. Jaebum wasn’t one to be flashy nor a show off. His family background was just wealthy. In money and the top notch people, running the corporation of I.M.

 

Many people know him of as that kid that is the heir to owning I.M., it’s just, that’s not what he wants to do. Business is something he doesn’t fancy. Even his parents know that. Jaebum goes there to help out, getting each damn protocol drilled into that brain of his. He doesn’t know how he does it, but anything with business and keeping peace, he knows. It just runs through his veins.

 

Minor in business, major in music. The male wants to become a musician and take tours around the world. Even if that career is looked down on, why not do it anyways? ‘Son, I rather you stay here. We can keep an eye on you and make sure you’re safe at all times.’ Was it mentioned that he’s one of those? The ones that was probably just at the bottom of the chain. Jaebum thinks of himself as a joke, but he knows he can prove them all wrong of him being that weak little , people think of them as. It’s just not his fault that being around alphas created his persona to be ‘just like one’, even if he’s not. But there’s that saying that goes: those that are the most beautiful, may be the weak of all.

 

Wearing a pair of simple black pants that are hugging his legs loosely, white buttoned up collared shirt, and of course black dress shoes. The male made his way over to the bus stop, to go over to his parent’s company building. Or what he likes to call it, the place where he needs to dress pretty to make sure everything is falling through correctly and there are no disturbances coming their way; with a pinch of getting those pretty hands of his dirty.

 

While riding the bus, people were staring at him and damn was it annoying. As much as he likes to camouflage into the crowd as if he’s just like any normal being, he can’t. The people on the bus knows it. They’re humans, while he’s that thing. Little did they know, they’re all under control of a family that started where those peasants are at now.


 

Jaebum isn’t much of a morning person, hence why he left so ‘late’ in the morning. When he got off the bus, he walked in, bowing his head over to the two guards that stood outside by the entrance; giving a ‘how’s it?’. The two of the guards would just smile it off, with a bow back. “He’s grown so much hasn’t he?” One of the guards asked to the other guard. The both of them had a smile on, a sad one really.

 

“Only time can tell with what his parents want him to do now.”

 

Even though Jaebum had walked away from the two, the conversation was heard. Even if the voices were in a whisper, the sharp hearing he had would just catch his attention. You don’t think I know that? With a sigh, he went over to the elevator and in. Gossip can be made and their words would tell what would happen next.

 

Standing in the small cubicle-like structure, when the doors closed, he raised his arm up and smelled himself. With a shrug of the shoulders, he then pulled the front of his shirt, stretching the material and sniffed himself again. Didn’t put enough on today. He then hit his palm against his head softly and groaned. “” he cursed under his breath before stepping out of the elevator and walked over to his father’s office.

 

He knocked on the door before entering it to see his father reading through documents. “Kind of late, don’t you think?” His father spoke, not raising his eyes off from the papers.

 

Rolling his eyes, Jaebum shrugged his shoulders. “I must be that noticeable, huh?” He chuckled to himself, which earned a silent nod. “I have an extra bottle in my room. I just stopped by to say hi and what the agenda is today.”

 

“You got a meeting in an hour, a proposal between the Park’s and I.M. is going to be debated and discussed. Their son is supposed to be attending as well but, there was a change of plans. He won’t be able to attend the meeting because he had other matters to attend to” Mr. Im, put the papers down and looked up at the younger male. “You’ll be meeting with him another time. This meeting is very important and I’m counting on you to make the right choices of what would benefit both I.M. and the Parks. Even though we are butting heads-”

 

“I understand Mr. Im” Jaebum cut the other off with a small assuring smile. “I’ll be sure to greet myself and give a great impression.”

 

“You may go now then, that is it.”

 

Leaving the office, Jaebum sat down at his own desk in his ‘office’. Pulling the drawer open and pulling out two bottles. Twisting the cap off of one of them, he tapped the container against his palm; watching two pills drag themselves out. He then took them into his mouth and closed it, getting a drink of water from the mini fridge he had right by his feet. With the other bottle, he spritzed himself a couple of times and put the two bottles back in his drawer and closed it.

 

“Let’s do this” He huffed out and gathered his papers, and grabbed a pen from his desk.


 

The hour came quick and there Jaebum was. Sitting down at the table with four other men. All looking like they were middle-aged. He could say that he was the youngest in there. His hands were folded on top of the stack of papers he brought, and he looked at the man who was sitting across from him; the one giving their view of the proposal going to be made. They shared their bows, handshakes, and introductions.

 

“Even if we were to up the sales on a product that seems like it can cost so little, I think it would be a better choice to keep the price as is” Jaebum spoke, writing down meaningless words that the Park’s were saying. “Unless, your main goal is to have the price raised, and once it is out of season, the go ahead would be to lower it down back to the original?” He put his pen down and made eye contact with the other speaker, his gaze was hard to make the others in the room, have their own falter. “You’d have to put it into the higher end stores to make it seem like the higher price is the original, when it’s not. The benefits of the product being sold hasn’t improved or anything. It’s just a watch with some new imprints being made. Does it cost anymore money? Probably an extra cent or two. The only thing being made is our names being put on there for show. The watches are being sold in the higher end stores as is already, but to up it another would be nonsense, don’t you think Mr. Park?” The statements he made was poisoning, making the other sound like he didn’t know what he was talking about.

 

Mr. Park, the head of Parks looked at Jaebum. The silence was thick and uncomfortable, quite intimidating to be in. Their eyes never leaving each other. Until the older male nodded his head and slid the paper over to male slowly. A small smile formed. “You did well.” Mr. Park spoke, and nodded his head. “Please look over the papers. The ones that we handed to you was a false proposal. This is the real copy of what we made.”

 

With that, Jaebum automatically knew what he meant. He took the papers and gave them a look, reading it through. He had to make a few reviews back to certain parts. Taking his pen, he circled a paragraph on the last paper, concluding what the proposal was more about. “To say that we officially combine the two companies and put them together would be an understatement wouldn’t it? I.M. has calmly been owning this part of the city for as long as I’ve been alive. To suddenly conjoin Parks and I.M together would cause havoc. Your people and ours would be going on strike for all I know.”

 

---


 

“Do you think you did well with the meeting today with the Parks?” Mr. Im asked as Jaebum and him were sitting down across from each other, eating their late lunch.

The younger male had stopped chewing for a moment and looked down at his food. “Of course not. You guys bombarded me with a proposal that I couldn’t answer.” The irritation he had in himself from earlier about the whole thing filled his tone. “To join the two together? Do you know what would happen? I surely don’t.”

 

Mr. Im nodded his head and reached over to give a ruffle of the hair. “You did well today Jaebum. That’s the exact answer I wanted to hear from you.”

 

The younger’s eyes narrowed, body stiffening. “If this is what you plan later on in the future, there better be a plausible reason to why you’re doing this.”

 

“Of course it is. It’s only to your benefit. Now hurry, finish up eating. I have to attend a meeting in thirty, and you’re coming with me.”

 

---


 

“There’s something going to change the whole game plan in a few years. I’ll bet you a hundred dollars, Youngjae” Jaebum spoke as he picked at the strings of his guitar.


Youngjae was his friend that he made basically the first day of college. Both of them practically taking the same classes, but not at the same level as the male; just one higher. “What did Mr. Im do now?”

 

“I had this meeting with another company about a proposal of joining the two together. It was annoying really” Jaebum replied, his picking stopping and he leaned back into the bench they were sitting on. “Everything is annoying already. Why am I part of something that I’m force to be in? ”

 

“Then why do you? You’re majoring in music Jaebum-”

 

“And minoring in business. Don’t forget about that.” He cut the male off. “Can’t I just be by your side once we graduate?” Jaebum chuckled at his own question, slouching his shoulders. He earned a light smack against his shoulder. He looked at his friend with a sad smile. “I’m tired of being that person to just go with everything that they are told. But it looks like I’ll be bonded to it forever.”

 

Jaebum isn't one to show off, nor is he to be a snob. He came from a wealthy pack full of alphas and betas. The male is just a plain ol’ omega. To put it in the most simple, technical way. Youngjae his college friend is someone just an average human that has some knowledge of he is. The guy is nice, he likes him. Especially since he's not trying to bone him or anything. That's the last thing he ever wants.

 

“We’ll just see about that then, huh? If it really does happen, I'll give you twice the amount you just bet” Youngjae said, taking the guitar from Jaebum, starting to strum a few chords.

 

“I say you're bluffing but whatever.” Jaebum replied and leaned his head against the male, his eyes closing, and ears listening to the song that the other was starting to play.

 

---

Jaebum woke up before his alarm clock. He looked over at the digital clock resting on his nightstand. The male had classes today starting at eight. There was just something off about today though. The feeling he had at the pit of his stomach, it was odd. It's not worth to think much of it. He got up and went over to the bathroom to get ready.

 

Once all showered up, he stood in front of the mirror and stared at himself. His hair had grown within the past month, bangs passing his eyes. He grabbed the scissors and started to cut his hair, especially his bangs. When the male finished, he grabbed hair wax and started to style his hair. Bangs in front of his face, hair standing up in random ways on the top of his head.

 

Jaebum pat his cheeks lightly and continued to look at himself in the mirror. “I look like a twelve year old now” he said to himself and reached into his cabinet, pulling out the same two bottles he had in his office and did his routine.

 

Since it was just classes, he wore jeans, a long sleeve sweater, with black converse. His hand rested at the door, forehead against the wood. It's like he felt his stomach was cramping but it wasn't. In his other hand, he held his guitar case, and backpack resting on his shoulders. Let's go.

 

The bus ride was normal, no looks were given. Like how it's supposed to be. Even if the area he was in had people just hungry for his kind, the pill he had taken would help him just blend in ever so slightly. When he got off and walked over to his first class, it was marketing. The class he just dreaded every Monday's and Thursday's. Sitting down in the usual spot he sits in, which was near the window. His guitar rested on the side of his chair, where it would be in no one’s way. Notebook resting on his desk, pencil next to it. He slumped into the chair, arms wrapped around his stomach. The pain was just getting worst.

 

His attention was caught by someone that walked through the door. It was another male but had a somewhat familiar scent from before. Thing is, he's never met him before. Though, if Jaebum were to get a closer look, that guy had the same face structure as Mr. Park from the Parks company. He didn't notice anything until he realized he was staring too long. The two of them made eye contact, gaze hard. The male swallowed and turned his head away, just wondering who that guy is.

 

---

 

Jaebum was sitting with Youngjae, guitar resting on his lap. Waiting for class to start. He was doing a mini performance with the other today. He was a bit nervous, it didn't help that the cramps he had just increased, and he became a bit light headed. Youngjae noticed and he turned to the other and placed his hand on the male's shoulder. “You alright?”

 

Jaebum on the other hand was in a daze, lost. He got a shake to take him out and he looked at his friend. “What? I'm fine, don't worry about me” he replied, placing his own hand on top of the male’s. He gave Youngjae’s hand a soft squeeze, a sly smile on his face.

 

When it was time to perform, Jaebum was busy strumming the guitar, while youngjae was singing the song. It was a nice cliche love song. They both made eye contact a few times throughout the song. A genuine smile on their lips, until it came to Jaebum’s part of the song to sing. It's like his voice became lower and huskier. They ended it with a bunch of applause and praises. The two of them bowed their head and excused themselves since they were the last ones to perform.

 

They were walking through the halls, jaebum’s vision began to come hazy. His body losing balance and he bumped into youngjae. “S-,” he stuttered out. The other male looked at him confused but finally caught on.

 

“Jaebum, we need to get you home,” youngjae started, thoughts going all over the place. He did not want anyone to notice that his friend was actually going into heat at the moment. That would cause an uproar and damn, would they be in a mess. “I drove, I can take you back to your place” he earned a nod from the other, and they both practically ran over to the car.

 

Youngjae is pretty sure he drove past a stop sign when he wasn't supposed to. But did he care? Not really. “Hot, everything's hot jae-” Jaebum said, face flushed as he was trying to fan himself with his shirt by tugging against the cloth. His body was still, trying to be calm as much as possible. He didn't know how to keep the act up any longer.

 

“Just a little bit longer” the male replied, stepping on the gas pedal. When they got to the complex, they rushed up. Getting a few stares, they didn't care though. They just needed to get up to the male's room, now.

 

Youngjae dropped him off at his room and left, knowing that the other wouldn't want him in there. There was another time this had happened, except this was when he gave Jaebum a visit to check on him. He wouldn't have ever guessed that the male was in heat let alone be one of those, until when he let himself in and saw a sweating Jaebum, tossing and turning in his bed. He would’ve obliged to help his friend but he was told not to. Lesson learned, never help Jaebum unless he asks for it.

 

---



 

There was another meeting between I.M. and Parks. This time, the so called son of Parks will be there as well. It kind of got Jaebum a bit intimidated. If it’s the same proposal as last time, he’s giving Mr. Im the buzz right away.

 

Just twenty more minutes. Jaebum sat down at his desk, mug filled with tea, a textbook for one of his classes, and a notebook sitting on his desk. Reading through words, causing him to have his eyes droop and head bob. Writing down notes for the upcoming test, god was he not ready. There was no other work for him to do in the office already but just the meeting to attend to. It wasn’t him presenting information either. The male hoped that the meeting wouldn’t be too long, he’s got a ‘dinner date’ with Youngjae. He had also volunteered to make the food.

 

Staring at his watch, there was roughly five minutes left before he had to go. With a sigh, he dropped his pen onto the desk and tightened his tie. Let’s go. Jaebum stood up and walked out his office. Making his way over to the meeting room. When he got there, there was Mr. Im, and two other males. One of them was Mr. Park, the guy he met before with the proposal, and the other male was- Jinyoung?

 

He blinked a few times, maybe his eyes were playing him. But it was Jinyoung, that guy that stared at him that one day in class, when he had stomach problems. He was met with another pair of eyes and it was Jinyoung’s. His throat went dry and he felt that familiar pain in his stomach.

 

They stared at each other for a few seconds before Jaebum opened the door to the room, clearing his throat, catching the other two men’s attention. Introductions were made and they sat right across from each other. It was just the four of them now. The topic of combining the two companies were brought up again and it looks like they were going full on. Jinyoung and him both stayed silent, their expressions blank, making the occasional smiles here and there whenever one of the owners would make a rather not funny gag.

 

“So like I was saying, it would be a great opportunity for the two companies to join together. The way how your son has his way of words and how my son is great with being a leader would make a great pair” Mr. Park said, a smile on his face, hands folded together. “And it would also be a great way for those two to get to know each other and they could practically rule the charts.”

 

Jaebum’s forehead creased as he stared at the papers that sat in front of him, listening to the older man’s words was quite nerve wracking. He knew exactly where this was going. Did he like it?

 

No.

 

From the looks of it, Jinyoung was thinking the same thing that he had the same exact expression on his face as well. What broke him out of his thoughts was when Mr. Im spoke. “ Jaebum, why don’t you take Jinyoung over to your office? Show him around and everything. You two will be working together from here on out” He finished his sentence as he and Mr. Park were signing papers.

 

With a nod of the head, the two of them had taken their leave. The walk back was quiet; a thick air between the two of them. When they got to the little room, Jaebum’s hand rested on the handle for a moment before twisting it and opening. He walked in and turned his head slightly. “Close the door once you get in please” he walked to the front of his desk and faced the other, hands leaning against the wood.

 

Jinyoung did as he was told and closed the door, turning his gaze of to Jaebum. His eyes shifted from left to right, scanning the place, spotting the marketing book that was lying behind the other. “No wonder you seemed different,” he spoke, taking a few steps closer to the male, face still blank.

 

It caught Jaebum off guard and he couldn't help but furrow his eyebrows and tilt his head slightly to the side. “What do you mean different?” Confusion was read on his face and he earned a smirk.

 

“In class, you don't talk to others. It's like you're in your own world. You just sit there and mind your own business. Who would've know this would be the reason why. Huh,” Jinyoung accentuated the word ‘this’ and a smirk tugged at his lips. “I say you do a pretty good job of masking. But word of advice, don’t be something you aren’t” he let out a dry chuckle and walked over to the wall, painted white with a few paintings hanging.

 

Being told, his eyes widened. Jaebum knew he wasn't being obvious but it seemed like his classmate practically read him like he's some open book. Hands balling into fists, he nodded his head; letting out a dry chuckle as well. “Looks like my secret is exposed isn't it” he sighed and watched the other walk around the room. “I don't mean to cause trouble or anything. I just go to school for what I want- wanted to do in life. Aren't you doing the exact same thing?”

 

“Mines isn't want nor wanted for one. It's called force. If it’s like this, then so be it. Just don’t stand in my way, even if your I.M.’s heir. The one who will be ruling is me anyways” Jinyoung said, turning his gaze from the paintings to a dumbfounded male. The way his expression held was an unreadable one. Something that Jaebum couldn’t decipher and reply to. But what he did was make a short nod, understanding what the other said.

 

Looks like Youngjae owes me two hundred now.

 

He looked at his watched and it was five to four. Chewing on the inside of his cheek, he walked around his desk and started to gather his things together. “I actually have somewhere to go. So I won’t be able to show you around the area. Hope you don’t mind-” Jaebum spoke, placing his books into his backpack and on his shoulders. He looked up and met a pair of eyes and a shake of the head.

 

“Go ahead, I’ll tell Mr. Im you had to go and everything” Jinyoung gave a small nod and smile. Right as Jaebum was about to leave, he paused in his spot and turned his head slightly when his name was called out by the other. “By the way, your office reaks. Change it will you. It smells of you.

 

---

 

Jaebum was practically slamming things around for no particular reason besides the fact that him and Jinyoung will be working together for like ever. The idea was stupid. If he really had to own the company, he could handle it well himself. He kept an eye on the noodles that were currently boiling while cutting onions. His mind was so focus on about the other male that he didn’t realize that there was someone at the door, practically banging against it. It was only when his phone rang, that it took him out to reality, causing him to cut his finger. From the onion’s juices seeping into his cut didn’t help as well.

 

Cursing to himself, Jaebum dropped the knife into the sink and just answered his phone with a ‘hello?’ while grabbing a paper towel and wrapping it around his finger.

 

“Will you get your to the door? I’ve been knocking on it for that past five minutes.” Youngjae spoke, voice filled with irritation. Jaebum hung up and placed his phone down and walked over to the door. He slowly opened it and popped his head out and saw a frowning Youngjae at his door. Quickly, he opened the door more and let the other in. “Finally” Youngjae groaned and made his way in, the other closing the door.

 

“Sorry, I was busy cutting onions” Jaebum replied, walking back to the kitchen and rinsing his hand, cut still bleeding. “You made me cut myself though.”

 

“You deserve it,” Youngjae replied, opening the fridge and placing a box inside that contained a cake. “Dessert’s on me, I made a strawberry cake.” He continued and walked over to see if the other was okay. “You should bandage that up and wear gloves if you’re not done.”

 

It was the most obvious thing to say. Jaebum turned the water off and looked at the other. “Oh really? I should, shouldn’t I?” He said sarcastically and made his way over to the bathroom to bandage it up.

 

Cooking lead to a few more cuts, minor ones though. Dinner was smooth and the two of them were now sitting outside at the balcony. Two plates that had cake on it resting on the mini table that was in between them. Jaebum had his guitar resting on him as he was just lightly picking at the strings. The whole night was nice, totally putting what had happened earlier to the side.

 

Youngjae was on his phone, texting someone what Jaebum would guess. “You owe me two hundred by the way Jae,” He said, making the other drop his phone and look at him.

 

“What?”

 

Jaebum looked at his fingers as he was changing his fingers from one to the other. “Parks and I.M. are joining together” He said as if it was nothing, still looking down at the guitar, watching his hand strum it. “Jinyoung and I are, well you know.”

 

Youngjae sighed and leaned back into the chair, slouching his body and staring out to the buildings. “And I thought you were going to be by my side after we graduate? I’m hurt now Jaebum” He grabbed his chest, exaggerating the meaning to his words. “So old fashioned though. Everything must’ve been arranged from even before the mention to you right?”

 

“I’m assuming. Mr. Park and dad were old time friends apparently. Rivals currently and just partnering up together for the future. I know Jinyoung was a sociable person, but he’s that typical snob kid” Jaebum said, falling back into the chair and stared out to the distance.  

 

“Hey, get to know him first why don’t you? I’m not defending him or anything but what if he’s actually a great person?”

 

“Greater than you? I doubt that. But I’ll give it a try.”

 

---

 

A few months passed and Jaebum regrets the words he said. Screw giving the other guy a try. He's just a complete . In his words anyways. It was a new year, his semester was finished and he started a new one. During that semester felt like it was going by forever. He played it cool like usual until a few girls started to talk to him. Some girls and guys. That, he didn't mind. Somehow there was just a certain stare he was getting by someone. If Jaebum were to turn his head just a little, Jinyoung would be looking at him from time to time.

 

It was the end of class and Jaebum took his time to pack up. His notes were a mess and people wouldn't stop talking to him. It was annoying. His teeth were clenching as he put his notebook into his bag. As he stood up, a girl asked “would you like to hang out with us and get some food?” The pitch of the female’s voice was fairly annoying, something that Jaebum would just like to tape shut. She seemed nice at first, and she probably has a kind heart behind that stupid high pitch voice. But, he didn't want to hang out with her and her friends.

 

A small grimace was made and he shook his head lightly. “Sorry, I got a friend to meet up with now. Maybe another time?” It was the same thing he said again. This was actually the third time the girl asked him. You'd think she'd get the hint that he didn't want to hang with her. Nope, she just continued to be so persistent.

 

He received a sad ‘okay’, and picked his guitar case up with his backpack slung over his shoulder, and made his way out of the classroom. Jaebum made his way up to the roof of the building to meet up with Youngjae. Hey, at least he wasn't lying about meeting someone. The two of them would always meet up with each other and just have a peaceful hangout together. Few words were said throughout the time. Maybe a few hums and strums to a song, a few laughs here and there. Too little of his knowledge though, there was just a certain someone actually keeping tabs on him.

 

When Jaebum got up to the roof, he settled himself down and leaned his back against the wall with the entrance to up the building. Having to deal with business proposals and debates were one thing. Having to socialize with people out of the blue with them just randomly coming up to you, making a conversation- boy was that exhausting. He released a sigh and checked his phone and saw a message from Youngjae. “Won't be able to meet up today. I got a test to study for, sorry!”

 

That little . “What am I supposed to do now?” He said to himself, expecting no reply at all. The male took his guitar out and placed the capo onto the neck. His fingers plucked at the strings softly.

 

“You could've hung out with the girls when they asked you” the familiar voice spoke out to him, causing Jaebum to just continue on with the plucking. It was no surprise to him.

 

It was no surprise to him having someone like him to give an answer like that just butting into his life. Jaebum decided to not give a reply to the other and placed his fingers against the strings. Playing chord after chord. Jinyoung moved himself and stood in front of Jaebum. Hands crossed over his chest. “Are you that stubborn?” A question asked, but it seemed like venom being injected. The male didn't give an answer again and looked down at his hand that was changing chords. Jinyoung huffed softly and raised an eyebrow. “Are you not even going to talk to me? We are part-”

 

“Don't even pull that card” Jaebum cut the male off and looked up at the other.

 

With a raised of the eyebrows, Jinyoung was amused. Letting out a scoff, he turned himself around and looked out to the scenery. “I guess I should just tell them to stop talking to you. You're no fun anyways,” he passed for a moment and took a glimpse at the other that was looking right back at him in awe. “Oh, did I just say that? Whoops. It slipped right out of my mouth” he gasped and covered his mouth.

 

Jaebum on the other hand was starstrucked. So that's why people just started talking to me. It makes sense. “I didn't ask for your help.” He mumbled.

 

“Oh come on, having just one friend in the entire university to talk to? Professors don't count as well.”

 

“Maybe having just one friend is good enough for me” Jaebum retorted back, putting his guitar into the case and closing it. He wanted to leave and that's what he's going to do.

 

“Tch,” Jinyoung clicked his tongue and turned his whole body around to face the other, watching him pack up. “You're really no fun. I can see why dad likes you so much. Such a tight ” he chuckled.

 

Jaebum kept quiet this time. There was no comeback that came into his mind because well, what the other just said was true. And god damnit. Why did it have to be like this? He swung his bag over his shoulder and headed over to the entrance. “You don't know me” he mumbled softly, still audible for Jinyoung to hear and opened the door, leaving.

 

“Just you wait” Jinyoung said to himself and walked over to the railing and looked out.

 

---

 

It’s the night of the famous dinner that the two clans would have as a way to get to know each other and know that the two would be joined together. At first the air was thick, knowing from the past that they would always be butting heads with each other for who ruled over what. This time though, it loosens slowly because once Jaebum and Jinyoung make their way to each other, it's like all eyes were on them.

 

The two of them looked at each other once they were standing in front of each other. Jinyoung looked like he could care less whether or not if he wanted to be at this dinner thing. Jaebum on the other hand had his heart practically wanting to jump out of his chest. Palms were sweating, throat was dry; he just wanted to leave.

 

All eyes were staring at him and it made him feel like hyperventilating. Circles were running through his mind. No one could tell how pale he had gotten. The room they were in was dimly lit. Smiles were on mostly everyone’s faces. Jinyoung looked at him as if he was staring down at his prey ready to just tear it to shreds and devour it. Mr. Im told Jaebum to not take any suppressants. The only reason why he did in general was to not get looks like this. But, he has to abide to his dad’s rule.

 

Scent so strong, it was driving Jinyoung crazy. He would be lying if who was in front of him was totally not driving him on edge. He could tell that the other was about to practically himself. It made him look even weaker than what he brings out. He wants to indulge what’s his.

 

Predatory eyes is what puts the cherry on top. The two of them exchanged rings, Jaebum’s hands were shaking throughout the whole process. Not a word was said. All he knew was that once this was done, he was going to take his leave with an excuse that holds truth to his words. He looked at his trembling hand that had the silver band around his ring finger. It was disgusting to look at. It’ll take time for him to get used to looking at it. Knowing him though, he’ll just take it off later.

 

Jaebum took a step back and excused himself, walking over to his two parents. His vision was began to blur, the two packs still had eyes on him. He wants to run into the wild and let out the stress that’s building on him. Suffocation was building in him. Everything looked like it was shrinking and caving him in. He didn’t realize that he had just walked out of the room.

 

Turns out, it was just a delusion made in his head. No one came to follow him, especially his father. Right as he turned his head to take a glimpse at the crowd he left, a hand was placed over his eyes and mouth. If he wasn’t feeling the anxiety, he sure as hell was feeling panic rise and red flashing in his head. What the is going on?

 

“Relax,” Someone whispered close to his ear. It was familiar but it had a soothing tone to it. Something warm had touched his neck softly. Not one nor two, a few chaste kisses were placed on his neck. They trailed down to his shoulder.

 

Shock and daze was what Jaebum is going through now. Nothing was flashing in his mind nor eyes, instead it was cloudiness. Something was taking over him. His body did become relaxed, legs feeling like it was about to lose its strength once he felt a bit on his shoulder. It wasn’t painful but it put him in a high as if he was now on ecstasy. He was pulled over to a vacant area. The cool wind hit his body but this time, his eyes and mouth were uncovered. Hand holding onto another, their fingers intertwined.

 

When he sat down on the bench, his eyes looked at the figure in front of him. The figure was blurry but he knew who it was. As if glue sealed his mouth shut, he was unable to open it. Eyes began to droop and before he knew it, everything went black.

 

---

 

Jaebum jolted his body up into a sitting up position. His heart was racing from what he thinks was a dream. He looked at his hand. Though there was hardly any light in the room he was in, the sun was coming up slowly, causing him to be able to see that silver band on his finger. It was real. The realization kicked in. The clothes he was in from the night before was not on his body.  His head turned in all directions to see where he was. This isn’t my room. This isn’t my clothes. This isn’t my bed.

 

Thoughts ran through his head, causing a headache. A pounding he would get whenever he’s confused or stressed. Jaebum got out of the bed slowly, pulling the sheets off of him. His feet touched the cold ground, causing him to shiver in the process of walking out of the room. When he did, his eyes scan the place and he took a sniff. If his place was now covered in Jinyoung then he’ll be damned. That wasn’t the case though. Soon enough, he figured out that he was at the latter's place, seeing that once he walked through what he thinks the living area; he spots a sleeping Jinyoung on the couch.

 

Jaebum’s a quick yet slow thinker. In the situation he’s in, he knows that if he’s here, he has to stay. There’s only a few good- great reasons why he should leave. But he’s got questions and they have to be answered.

 

He walks over to the balcony and makes his way out, leaning his arms against the railing. His eyes look at the sky that are  painted with hues of blue and purple from the sun rising in a distance. What did I ever do to be in this sort of thing? His eyes looked at his hand with the ring on it. The life commitment was made the night before. All he could do was laugh to himself.  I’m stuck.

 

“You’re going to catch a cold if you stand out there” Jinyoung spoke from inside, leaning against the wall. Jaebum turned his head to look at the other and walked back in, right pass the other.

 

The two of them didn’t spill a word but were sitting across from each other, both sipping on some coffee that the owner of the place made. Jaebum looked at his cup and swirled the liquid around. “How’d I get here?”

 

“I took you here. It was the closest from where we were last night” The reply was sharply made as Jinyoung took a sip of his coffee and looked at the other.
 

“Why am I in different clothes? What did we do last night?” Jaebum asked in almost a whisper. He looked back the other,  eyes were a little bit swollen.

 

“We didn’t do anything. You kind of threw up when we got in so I changed your shirt. Just your shirt. Nothing else.”

 

“My pants are off-”

 

“But you’re still in your same underwear. Plus, your doesn’t hurt now does it?” Jinyoung smirked, which made Jaebum grimace.

 

“ off” Jaebum scoffed and looked back down to his cup, ears turning red. The sun had came up by now but there was the ceiling light that was on. Jinyoung chuckled from the response and sighed.

 

“At least I controlled myself. Everyone else had their eyes on you last night, it was disgusting. I can see why you want to just yourself right then and there.”

 

“I’ll be going now” Jaebum stood up and walked over to the door, eyes looking for his shoes. When he found them, he bee-lined for it and slipped them on. His hand reached for the door handle and his grip on it tightened. It’s a habit that was supposed to reinforce him positively that everything was going to be alright.

 

Right now said otherwise. The pent up feelings he had were oozing out slowly, filling him up to the max. His forehead leaned against the door and his body trembled. It’s not okay to just say ‘let’s go’, not when there’s someone who’s bonded to you forever is standing right there, watching your every move. “Everything’s not right” He mumbled to himself, trying to make his hand turn the handle. His hand just stayed put. “I don’t want this.” his voice came out louder than a mumble.

 

Jinyoung heard it all. It pained him to see such a thing stand in front of him. Beauty may hold on him, but deep down, Jaebum’s a weak person. Jaebum knows it himself. He doesn’t know what he’s doing already. He’s scared, anxious, blank. There’s nowhere to go now. “You don’t deserve something like me” he spoke and let go of the handle. Jinyoung made small steps towards the other and stood behind them. They were a foot apart, but it seemed closer.

 

“I don’t know what my dad was thinking. I don’t know what I was thinking. I can’t just simply prove that I’m capable of doing the impossible. Not with my status. You want to rule? Go right ahead.” Tears fell, a monotonous voice filled the air. A pair of arms wrapped around his waist. His body was shaking. “Because out with the old is an understatement.”

 

When each minute, day, to month, even year passes, there’s always one thing that will stay the same. Jaebum’s someone that is at the bottom of the chain. Someone that wants to prove that he can reach the top. Words of affirmation may be said to motivate him. But passion will always be taken away.

 

One friend is enough for him, even if that person was a human. An understandable human to be exact. A friend that opened his mind to just give another person that he was going to be sticking with for the rest of his life practically a chance. Even though Jinyoung came off as someone that was what he liked to call an . He thinks it’s an amusing story to think of how he actually accepted Jinyoung.

 

The way that the alpha would take the lead, work his way around. Really surpassed Jaebum himself. Surprise. One’s word will always come out true. He didn’t realize it. Not until he just let his mind take over, pouring out his feelings. Letting the words that was always said in his head out of his mouth. The tears fall down his cheeks and being embraced by someone that has worked his way to somehow his heart.

 

Jaebum leaned against the wall, his hand over his eyes. Breath even, tears falling.  His teeth were clenched together. Jinyoung took hold of the male’s hand to look at the red, watery eyes. They looked at each other for a moment. “Then I’ll make sure you know that you’re just about everything I need.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: not acutal wolves were involved in the making of this sotry - i'm sorry if I didn't meet your expectations. You probably wanted something with some wolf action or something. But, I created as where the 'business' that the Parks and I.M. were something as a landmark of their territories. I hope you enjoyed reading though. There are 'patches' within the story so to say. But, it's a way of how you can fill in the gaps yourself. They're wolves domesticating in the human world, basically. Any clarifications? ask away -

Thanks for requesting.
until then,

-turtlebum

p,s.: school just started back up and i have the hugest writers block ever once academics start up again lmao. I die. Let me know what you think.
  going to have a very late christmas special come out soon tho.
  thank you all for reading.