// episode 2;

Real JJP Series

// episode 2 ; We Need Us Time
 

requester : 1988biased

summary : as much as jaebum loves his son and wifey. there has to be some hubby and wifey time too.

genre : domestic!au , fluff

rate : implied

 

Jaebum loves Jinyoung and of course his step-son Mark. It’s just whenever he tries to spend some time with his beloved, there’s always the little one coming into the picture, hugging a certain someone’s arm; to just practically cling onto. The male automatically feels like he’s the third wheel, being like a kicked puppy, not knowing what’s going on.

 

See now, before those two had gotten married, Jaebum was on his own, being an elementary teacher. It just so happens that Mark, Jinyoung’s son was his student. Each day Mark would be the last one to be picked up from the class. Jaebum knew of the situation the kid and his family was in and it wasn’t the most stable. A bridge was ready to fall to pieces and drown in the rough waters it was standing over. The teacher would let the kid draw, work on some math problems, or play with the toys he had in his classroom when they had indoor recess.

 

Whenever Mark had gotten picked up, Jinyoung would always come to pick the boy up. No matter what time of the day it was, there would always being an apology going along with holding a boy’s hand. Of course Jaebum didn’t mind. There would always just be a nod of the head and a small smile. ‘It’s no problem. See you tomorrow’

 

Now though, the elementary teacher wouldn’t have never expected himself to be married to a man that he thought was a bit of clutz yet precious. It was just an all-in-one package. What could have he deserved to be treated like the third-wheel?

 

At first, Jaebum thought that this was just a simple stage where Mark had to get used to him being his dad. It’s been a couple of years and it’s still the same. Of course the male would get his moments with his loved one, but just for a short period of time. Whenever they would be lying in the bed, sharing those soft tender kisses, in the middle of it, Mark would come in while rubbing his eyes, letting out a small sniffle. ‘I had a bad dream.’ Nothing could be helped so they let the boy come in the middle on them.

 

Jaebum swears that Mark gives him looks saying ‘haha you can’t beat me’ and sticks his tongue out which leaves him dumbfounded. He just had to tolerate it.

 

Jinyoung had came home from grocery shopping. Jaebum and him were putting the foods into the fridge while Mark was playing video games in the living room. “Mark asked if he could go over his friend’s house tomorrow” Jinyoung said, putting a tub of ice cream in the fridge. The other male was picking each grape off its stem and placing it into a bowl.

 

“Who’s house?” Jaebum asked, raising his head up from the grapes and tossing one in his mouth.

 

“You remember Jackson?” Jinyoung asked, looking over to the bags that he brought in to make sure he’d got everything put away.

 

“I remember him. That’s like Mark’s right hand man right?”

 

“Yeah. He invited Mark over to play a new game and- you know how it goes.”

 

Jaebum made a short nod, going back to picking the grapes off from the stem. “I’m only being told this now because?” He asked, his tone slightly filled with irritation. The male didn’t like last minute things. Even though it was the day before, what if the three of them had plans already? “When did you find out about this?”

 

Jinyoung walked up to the other from behind and wrapped his arms around his body, sneaking a grape and eating it. “I found out yesterday. But Mark didn’t want to ask you because you were busy with making your lesson plan or so he said when he asked me.”

 

A breathless ‘ha’ was made followed by a chuckle. “Well, I was busy. But he told me to help him with solving the rubik's cube. And you know me with those things, I’m not good with them.”

 

“I didn’t even help him with that. The kid solved it on his own” Jinyoung leaned his forehead against the latter’s back. “Besides, wouldn’t it be nice to finally get the house to ourselves?” He asked, taking a step back and turning the other male around to face him. While he had a smile on with just a glint in his eye, suggesting something, the grape eating male looked at the other with his eyebrows raised.

 

“Hm, I didn’t know you were like this. You miss getting some of this don’t you?” Jaebum replied with a smirk, putting the grape up to his mouth and right before he could eat it, the slightly shorter male took it from his hand and ate it.

 

“And if I am? You are too, aren’t you? I see you looking at Mark whenever he takes me away from you” The two of them lean their heads against each other, smiling.

 

“And if I am?” Jaebum mumbled softly but in a mocking tone, his hands resting on the other’s waist, leaning in slowly. Eyes closed, his lips pressed against-

 

“Dad, this level is hard. Help me beat the bad guy!” Mark yelled from the living room, making the couple pause. A sigh leaving Jaebum’s lips as he pulled away and leaned his body against the counter, he motioned the other to go with his hand as he brought another grape up to his mouth to eat.

 

Jinyoung nodded his head and walked over to his son. “Whoa!” He yelled, seeing what the bad guy on the screen was.

 

Jaebum just shook his head, looking down at the ground. So close yet so far.

 

---

When the next day came, Jaebum was wearing his glasses, reading the newspaper, and eating a waffle with some strawberries. The other two were having their mother and son moment by Jinyoung feeding Mark a strawberry. The boy whined softly saying ‘I'm too old to be fed by you’ even though he had opened his mouth, wanting to be fed. The father let out a soft laugh, taking a glance at the scene. He absolutely thought it was cute.

 

This had caught Jinyoung’s attention and he looked over to Jaebum and held out a strawberry. “You want to get fed too?” He asked in a teasing manner causing a raise of the eyebrows.

 

“I think I'm good” Jaebum replied, pushing his glasses up, and turning the page.

 

“How boring” Jinyoung tsked and ate the strawberry himself.

 

With a roll of the eyes, Jaebum closed the newspaper and placed it on the table, looking at Mark. “When are you going to go to Jackson’s house? Or is he picking you up?”

 

“Around lunch time- dad you told him?” Mark replied, looking over to Jinyoung with a pout evident on his face. He earned a nod of a head and ruffle of the hair from the two older male’s. Jaebum had picked up his dishes and took it over to the sick. But before he went there, he ruffled the kid’s hair.

 

“I had to, so he would know why you left the house. I'm going to take you to Jackson’s though. We’ll go at eleven okay?” Jinyoung said with a small smile.

 

“Fine, fine” Mark replied and stuffed a piece of waffle in his mouth and chewed on it.

 

---

 

After dropping off Mark, Jinyoung came to a very quiet house. It wasn't weird necessarily. More like odd. The male figured that the other would be playing music in the background and doing something random. He made his way up the stairs to their shared room. When he was walking through the hallway, he called out “Jaebum?”

 

In response he got nothing. It was still quiet. Odd. Furrowing his brows, he checked to see if the other was in the ‘office’ where he would work on lesson plans and correct his student’s work. There was no one inside though. Worry started to slowly seep into him and a little bit panic was bubbling in him. Jinyoung walked over to their shared room and opened the door slowly to see Jaebum wearing his glasses, earbuds, and reading a book. Damnit Jaebum. He thought to himself as relief was now in him. The male walked over to the bed and sat down, reaching for the book and putting it down to the side.

 

“Hey, I was reading that” Jaebum said, frowning a little as he watched his husband put the book down to the side. His head turned slightly to see a pair of eyes looking at him. And they weren't the happiest. He then pulled out his earbuds.

 

“Hey, I was calling you but you didn't answer. I think you need to get your ears check. It's not just your eyes failing you” Jinyoung let out a chuckled and leaned his head against the male’s shoulder, reaching for his hand and interlocking their fingers together.

 

“Aging has taken a toll on me I guess” Jaebum replied, chuckling as well and gave the other a soft squeeze. “So, now what?”

 

Jinyoung hummed softly and slowly moved himself onto Jaebum’s lap, a smile now on his lips. “We can do many things, hyung. We have the whole house to ourselves” he replied, leaning into the male’s neck, planting a soft kiss against his skin. They were chaste and made its way up to the other’s jaw line.

 

Jaebum’s body began to relax, the kisses were soothing. A small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth, eyes closed; totally enjoying what was going on. When he felt them stop, he opened his eyes slowly, hand letting go of Jinyoung’s and placed them on his waist. When he opened his eyes, he was met with a pair of eyes, and they space between them was slowly closing. Their lips were barely touching and all the male had to say was “Then let's stay in here and indulge our free time, hm?” A hum was made and their lips finally connected.

 

Moving against each other, slow at first. When they pulled away, the stare was intense. Jinyoung took Jaebum’s glasses off and put it down onto their night stand. While he was doing that, he connected their lips again and this time, the kiss was filled with more movement; passion so to say. It was heavenly. The two of them missed being able to do this, not having to worry about a little someone intruding on them.

 

The kiss became heated. With a tug of the bottom lip and a straddle of the hips, the two had let out soft groans. Jaebum pulled the other a little closer to him, his forehead leaning against his. Pulling away, soft pants were made. “Damn, it's been so long” Jinyoung said through pants, hands resting on Jaebum’s chest. With a soft push, the older male laid back to look up at the other who was hovering over him.

 

“You know we can't do much. What if Mark comes home early?” Jaebum asked, moving his hand up to Jinyoung’s cheek, caressing his thumb against it.

 

Leaning against the touch, the male had his lips pursed out slightly. “He’s sixteen, he’ll probably just stay at Jackson’s the rest of the night. Quit worrying. It’s us time right now.”

 

It’s not just video games those two are doing tonight then. Jaebum thought to himself. “So much attitude there, it reminds me of how you were nine years ago” He teased, a chuckle being let out. His hands moved down Jinyoung’s sides before grabbing his bum. A firm was squeeze was made. He switched their positions so that now he was hovering over the younger male. “I’ll indulge you in our free time then if you don’t mind” Jaebum pressed his lips against the other’s, in response getting a nip at his lower lip.


“Of course.”

 

---

 

Jinyoung was right. Mark did stay the night at his ‘right hand mans’ house. When the kid came home, he wasn’t in his clothes but more like Jackson’s. The sight was weird but what had triggered Jinyoung the most was when he saw that bruise like mark on the kid’s neck. Immediately, Mark had placed his hand over his neck and covered it, saying it was ‘nothing’.

 

“That doesn’t look like nothing!” Jinyoung exclaimed, forehead creased.

 

Jaebum came down the stairs, rubbing his eye with the back of his hand. “What did Mark do now?” He asked and walked over to his lover’s side and looked at where he was pointing and saw what it was.

 

“What does it look like Jaebum? There’s that thing on his neck” Jinyoung replied and turned his head to look at the slightly taller male.

 

“Oh you mean something like this?” Jaebum said as he pointed at the mark on his collarbone. His loose low cut shirt showed a bruise-like mark as well.

 

“Yeah, that’s what i meant-” Jinyoung paused, his ears reddening, and he went over to the other and placed his hand over male’s collarbone. “You’re not supposed to show that!”

 

Mark had face palmed at the scene and bit the inside of his cheek. Eyes looking down, he just wanted to go up to his room. He then felt a hand on top of his head and ruffle of the hair following. “He’s sixteen already Jinyoung,” Jaebum started. “Jackson isn’t his right hand for nothing you know?”

 

Jinyoung’s jaw dropped from the statement and he looked at the two with eyes that were not believing what he was saying. “Oh my god Dad. Please stop” Mark said, glaring at Jaebum, cheeks red. “I’m going up to my room” He mumbled and walked away from the two and hurriedly made his way up to his room.

 

“Well, now that’s done. You want me to make you lunch?” Jaebum asked, as if everything was normal, and started walking over to the kitchen. He felt a light tug against his shirt and knew who it was. “And I am not kidding you. There’s some things that even your little boy doesn’t even want to say to you” He laughed a hearty one and opened the fridge.

 

“I can’t believe this. Since when has this started?”

 

“When I found out, it was the night before Mark had asked you to play video games at Jackson’s. Mark is sixteen.

 

“Oh shut up.”


A/N: another one done! 
         thank you 1988biased for the request! I hope it's what you wanted. 
         i'll get to everyone else's requests soon. I've just been busy the past few days. 
        leave a comment and tell me what you think! 
happy holidays-
-turtlbum