First

Take responsibility

First

đŸŽ¶Â What's wrong? - iKON đŸŽ¶

 

 

Now, let’s press rewind to where it all started. At a cafe downtown, one morning where Junhoe and Nayeon decided to eat breakfast before going to work.

 

“So, you know what I did yesterday?” Nayeon said, her smile reaching her ears. Junhoe looked at her with a bored expression, like he always do but Nayeon wasn’t bothered by the lack of response, she was used to it. They’ve been friends since grade school and they both know each other like the back of their hands.

 

“What?” Junhoe asked, taking a sip of his americano.

 

“I went to the doctor yesterday and finally did an in vitro!” She exclaimed and Junhoe almost choked on the coffee he was drinking. Nayeon looked taken aback and sat up right.

 

“Are you okay?” Nayeon said, wiping the spilled coffee on the table.

 

“You did what?!”

 

“In vitro. You know, when a is attached to my uterus and---”

 

“I know what an in vitro is but I didn’t think you would actually do it. Really Nayeon have you been out of your mind?” Junhoe said, it wasn’t a question really and Nayeon frowned at that. She had always wanted a baby of her own so getting herself an in vitro was inviting, she didn’t want to get tied down any sooner anyway but she wanted a child so when an in vitro was offered to her, she thought about it and after a few weeks she finally agreed.

 

“Come on, you know how I’ve always wanted a child.” Nayeon said.

 

“But not like this. Do you seriously want to get your life ruined by a little baby who would keep you awake at night, whine when it doesn’t get what it wants? And do you even know the person who donated his ? What if he’s a maniac or a criminal or a drug user?” Junhoe exclaimed and Nayeon glared, annoyed on how stupid she was feeling with Junhoe’s reasoning.

 

This is how Nayeon and Junhoe’s relationship goes. Nayeon would often do the careless parts and Junhoe would be there for her to fix it. Junhoe would always be the one to knock some sense into Nayeon even if it involves harsh words. And it includes their situation right now, Nayeon wanted to get mad but Junhoe had a point at the last part, she didn’t know who the donor is because she preferred not to know because what if she accidentally met him? Then she would have this opportunity to get “tied down” and she doesn’t want that.

 

“I’m right. You haven’t thought of this really hard.” Junhoe said and Nayeon scoffed.

 

“Okay, maybe I didn’t know who the donor is but I chose it to be that way and yes, I want to get my life ruined by a little child who would keep me awake at night and would whine whenever the little child didn’t get what she wants because I know that the baby would make me happy and no, you don’t address it as an “it” because it’s not a thing, it’s a baby. So are you going to support me on this or not because if you won’t I am bolting out of this cafe and would ignore you for the rest of the week, have fun doing your own schedule.” Nayeon ranted, standing up out of annoyance and when she looked around, almost all of the customers were looking at her. Nayeon groaned and quickly grabbed her bag before going out of the cafe.

 

“Nayeon!” Junhoe shouted, walking after her. Nayeon forgot to mention that despite being Junhoe’s best friend, she’s also his secretary slash interior designer. Nayeon had always been good with creating new furniture or decorating houses and it became a great help to Junhoe’s hotel, The Aristocrat hotel. She was the one who helped Junhoe visualize his company and hotel, she was the one in charge of creating how the rooms look or which chandelier to get to make Junhoe’s hotel one of the best looking hotels you would want to stay in.

 

The Aristocrat hotel is one of the leading hotels in Korea. With a five star category and an elegant yet simple theme, people from around the world had been going in and out of it and since Nayeon’s forte was interior, she became Junhoe’s secretary after and would only be called to design rooms or furniture when needed and also because Junhoe doesn’t know how to handle his own schedule so Nayeon took it upon herself to arrange it.

 

Nayeon went straight to the company which was a street away from the cafe. The guard pushing the door open for Nayeon and she immediately went straight to her office.

 

“Good Morning Ms. Im.” Tzuyu, Nayeon’s intern, greeted. Nayeon smiled before sitting at her chair, she could see Junhoe walking to his office but Nayeon made sure she wouldn’t get caught looking.

 

“Tzuyu, what do we have today?” She asked, leaning back on her chair in a lazy manner. Tzuyu, went outside to get her notebook and stood in front of Nayeon with a smile. Tzuyu was young and pretty, her hair falls over her shoulders and she was wearing a simple white dress and heels. She’s an intern aspiring to be one of the interior designers for one of the company’s hotels that are to be made soon.

 

“Well you only have one meeting today which is with Mr. Goo.” She said and Nayeon rolled her eyes, of course Junhoe would set up a last minute meeting. He does that whenever Nayeon is mad at him.

 

“Kindly tell him I’ll only go back to being his secretary if he apologizes personally to me and Tzuyu, if you have new sketches just leave it here in my office, I want to check it.” Nayeon said with a smile. Tzuyu nodded and excused herself before leaving her office. Nayeon leaned back on her chair and looked around her office, it wasn’t big unlike Junhoe’s who almost had half of the door for his office. Nayeon had sketches of houses and buildings hanged up on the walls, black furniture she personally designed as well as a mini bar she had set up for late night work. Nayeon had remembered how she first started working for her best friend, how Junhoe had offered her a job. It felt as if it was yesterday when the company wasn’t as big as it was today.

 

There was a knock on Nayeon’s door and came in Junhoe showing half of his body inside her office. What Nayeon liked about Junhoe was despite the fortune and the fame, Junhoe stayed foot on the ground even if he has a blunt and cocky attitude. He knows when to value things and he knows when to boast about something.

 

“What do you want?” Nayeon asked.

 

“I need my papers tonight and
 I’m sorry okay.” He said, walking inside her office.

 

“I was just shocked because it was only a few weeks ago when you told me about that and suddenly, you’ve already done it.” He added and Nayeon sighed.

 

“I know you’re worried but I can take care of myself, you know that. Yes, I do make stupid decisions I got to admit that but trust me on this, this is what I want.” She said. Junhoe closed his eyes and sighed before opening them again and extending out his arms for a hug.

 

“Come here.” He whispered and Nayeon smiled, standing up and getting herself squished by a giant baby.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The rest of the week flew by fast, everything was back to normal. Nayeon and Junhoe was back to their usual banter, meetings and seminars were held, new designs were made but one saturday morning, Junhoe dropped a bomb at Nayeon.

 

“You want me to WHAT?” Nayeon exclaimed.

 

“I want you - no, need you to pretend to be my girlfriend.” He said and Nayeon looked at Junhoe as if he had grown two heads.

 

“Are you serious? Isn’t it enough that I’m already your secretary? What do you need me to pretend for?” She said and Junhoe groaned, leaning back on his chair.

 

“Halmeoni had been bugging me that I need to settle down or else she’ll set me up with a woman and I don’t want that.” He explained but Nayeon was still confused,

 

“Why me?”

 

“Because I may have said that you’re my girlfriend?” Junhoe said and Nayeon glared at her. “Oh come on, you were the first person who came to mind plus you know she likes you.”

 

“Yeah, thanks, I’m flattered.” Nayeon said with a hint of sarcasm. Junhoe frowned, sitting up properly and clearing his throat.

 

“Nayeon, just one weekend. Please. I don’t really ask for favors that much, just this time okay?” He pleaded and Nayeon slumped back on her seat. She could already feel a headache growing and she can’t believe they were having a talk like this. Junhoe had a point, most of the time it was Nayeon who always had something she needed from Junhoe, she was the one who always asks for favors and the latter never really complained.

 

“Okay, fine. But just this one time mister.” She said and Junhoe stood up, fist bumping in the air. Nayeon rolled her eyes,

 

“Thank you, you’re the best!”

 

“Of course I am the best, I’m your bestfriend.”

 

“So I’m gonna send you the details of the outing later or tomorrow okay?” Junhoe said while walking towards the door.

 

“Yeah yeah, get out of here. I got tons of work to do.” Nayeon ushered and Junhoe was out of her office.

 

 

What had she gotten herself into?

 

 

 

 

hello loves! I'm back! I got the motivation to do this lol this isnt proof read i just finished it yesterday night and im currently working on chapter 2 whenever i have time bc i have my internship going on rn and i have a 3am shift smh but it ends tomorrow.

 

Tell me what you think about this.

COMMENT / SUBSCRIBE / UPVOTE

xx @peachbumxx