The Lovely Welcome

Lucky Number 79

Yoon Doojoon stood at the airport, scanning for the sister of his whom he had not seen in six months. She opted to study abroad at an American university and after a semester there, she felt so homesick she transferred back to Seoul. His excitement was tainted by the anger she would feel when she discovered that he and the guys had barely spoken since the start of last semester. She was fond of Dongwoon, his former best friend. Now, he hung out with Junhyung the King, Yoseob, and Hyunseung. Dongwoon and Kikwang were on another track. He hoped she would like his new friends.

No one was available to come with him so he sat alone staring at all the travelers.

The babo probably got on the wrong plane and is Spain right now, he thought. Hola!

A very attractive woman headed towards the exit. He could not help but grin as she walked as if she was on a runway. She noticed him, smiled, and his smile widened. And with that, she was gone.

Another woman walked towards the seats where he sat. She was attractive with the perfect s-shape, small face, and style. She was a bagel--baby face, glamour body. The heels she wore clicked as she dragged her large pink suitcase behind her. Her hair was dyed blond and they bounced as she walked.

She plopped into the seat beside him. He smiled. What luck! "Annyeongseyo. Yoon Doojoon imnida. You are really pretty... Would you like to get food sometime--"

"Yah! Is that anyway to talk to your sister?!"

His eyes widened in disbelief. "Na... Na... Nakyungie?!"

"Ne, surprised, you ert?"

Doojoon leapt to his feet. "Don't talk to your oppa like that. I thought you were someone else. Why do you look like a pretty noona? Who do you think you are? You'll attract a lot of erts like that!"

"Mwo?! Like you! And you're not my oppa, Doojoon. You beat me by seven minutes! I'm not calling you oppa!"

"Yah! You wanna die?"

She stood. "Yah! Do you?"

Everyone was staring at them. He grabbed her suitcase. "Yah, Yoon Nakyung! You're embarassing us both. Let's go."

She hit him in the arm. "You should be embarassed, babo! Tch! Hitting on your twin sister."

He rubbed his ear. "Did you get louder in the past six months?"

She hit him again. "Is that anyway to talk to your sister? I've been gone for six months!"

"I didn't ask you to come back!"

 

"Where are Kikwangie and Dongwoonie?" She asked as he drove them home.

Here it goes. "You see... Kikwangie is really busy with his schedule since he is training to be an idol now and Dongwoonie and I don't really see much of each other. I got new friends though. I think you'll like them."

"I told you to look after Dongwoon!"

"He doesn't want to be looked after."

"I don't care for your new friends. They're all probably babos like you. Kikwang and Dongwoon were good for you. They kept you grounded. Is Kikwang still dating Kim Hyuna?"

"I don't know. I told you -- we're too different now."

She frowned. "What about Nam Jihyun?"

He glanced at her. "I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Stop asking me questions."

"Babo," she muttered under her breath.

 

Nakyung fiddled with the metal charm on her purse. She and the gang were going to meet and catch up. Kikwang managed to spare time from his "busy schedule" and Dongwoon was more than excited. Jihyun sat down across from her and smiled. "Unni! How was New York?"

She thought for a moment. "Very busy and very alone. The ddeokbokki was not as good as it is here. The people were nice but they talk really fast. I shopped a lot. I miss Seoul though. How are you?"

"School is very, very dramatic. I want to be a doctor but it's so competitive. Oh and Sewoo-oppa came back from the army a few weeks ago. He looks so buff. And he's so nice."

Dongwoon entered the shop and sat down. "Annyeong, noona."

She scowled. "Yah! Don't call me noona. You make me feel old."

He smiled. "You are so much prettier."

Jihyun nodded. "Yeah, and all your clothes look so nice."

"Chincha?" Nakyung asked, brows raised in surprise. In New York, she was one of the worst dressed.

"Ne..." Jihyun said. "Can I borrow your clothes if it's not too much to ask?"

Nakyung nodded. "Jihyun-ah, you've been my best friend since middle school. Of course you can!"

Dongwoon sighed in a melancholy tone. "Nakyung, so much has change since you left. Doojoon--"

Jihyun glared at him and he stopped talking.

"Doojoon what?" Nakyung asked, confused.

He frowned. "Nothing, he's just different, that's all. When is Kikwang coming? You said five, right?"

She nodded, "With all the training, of course he'll be late..."

And like that, Lee Kikwang trailed through the doors, more muscular, more masculine, more stylish than ever before. His long curly hair was gone, and now it was shorter and styled with a reddish tint. The diamonds in his ears sparkled. He smiled so wide, his eyes closed and it took her a moment to notice the bags under his eyes. In his hand was a small, wrapped box.

"NAKYUNG NOONA!" He held out the box for her and sat on her other side, across from Dongwoon. "Sorry I'm late; I forgot this at the dorm so I had to run back. I hope you like it!"

She blanched. "Kikwang-ah, you didn't have to get my anything."

He continued to smile. "Of course I did. You cheered me on through training from America!"

 

"Okay so give me the who's-who-and-what's-what before I embarass myself," Nakyung whispered to her friends as they stood at the front gates of university. She tried to look her best without looking like she tried to hard. She wore black leggings, a long black jumper dress, and boots. "I still have to find where all my classes are and stuff."

Dongwoon glanced around. "We eat at the Japanese restaurant down the street for lunch because it's less crowded. Jihyun can't join us because she has class, but your schedule is free so look for Kikwang or me."

Jihyun smiled. "Most of the girls are really nice. If you compliment their shoes or hair or something, they'll right up to you. The best dressed have the best connections so that means get in close with them, I'll help you with that, and you get all the good party invites."

Kikwang sighed. "We're forgetting the king."

Nakyung raised her brows. "Who?"

He grimaced and rolled his eyes. "Everyone calls him the king because he runs everything. He's handsome and rich. He gets what he wants and he never gets in trouble. Most of all, he goes through girls so be careful. He's the reason Kim Hyuna and I broke up. He had to have her too. Now she just passes between the four--"

"The four what?"

Jihyun glared at him. "Kikwang-ah!"

"It's true! Hyuna passes between the king, Jang Hyunseung, and Yoon Doojoon!"

"That's just a rumor!"

Nakyung narrowed her eyes. "Chincha?! I'm going to strangle Doojoon!"

Kikwang shook his head. "Don't worry about it, Nakyung. Just make sure he doesn't charm you too."

She shook her head. "I won't. What is his name?"

"Yong Junhyung," the three others said simultaneously.

"I heard my name," a voice said from behind them. They all turned to reveal a group of four guys and a girl. In the center was a tall guy with almost chubby cheeks and heart shaped lips. He had a tattoo near his collarbone but it was partially covered by a v-neck sweater. Doojoon stood on his left. Another boy with short spiky hair and big brown eyes, resembling a child, stood on the other side of Doojoon. Kim Hyuna, a short brunette in jeans shorts, leggings, and an oversized sweater, hung onto a tall thin guy with short black hair. Nakyung could not deny the fact that the guy who spoke, the one in the middle with the tattoo, was attractive. "They say it's better to be gossiped about than to be never talked about at all." His eyes were narrowed on Kikwang. Then they moved to Nakyung and his lips twitched into a smile. "And who is this?"

"Nakyung. Why do you want to know?"

He smiled. "Nakyung, welcome. I'm Junhyung. I make it my mission to know every underclassman on campus." He tilted her chin up. His hand was soft and warm. "Especially the pretty ones."

Doojoon grabbed Junhyung's arm. "That's my yeo-dongsaeng."

She glared. "We're twins, you idiot."

Junhyung continued to smirk. A sly smirk. A y smirk. "Ah, nevertheless, welcome, Nakyung. I hope you see you around." With that, he walked around them and his friends followed. 

Hyuna waved. "Annyeong Kikwang. Annyeong Nakyung."

As soon as they were out of earshot, Nakyung sighed. "Okay, send me back to New York."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Feedback on the first chapter? Originally Nakyung was supposed to be "Yoon Minji" but I forgot and it was too late to change even though I think Minji > Nakyung in terms of names. Whatever. What do you think will happen? waaaaah who's enjoying trouble maker? The mini album is like the soundtrack while I'm writing. w00t