너 나쁜 남자 / Neo Nappeun Namja / You Bad Guy

Lucky Number 79

The classes were hard. She took a Korean literature class, Japanese, Advanced English, and Mandarin Chinese. She took physics and chemistry. She felt like there was not enough time in the day to study. She contemplated skipping lunch with Dongwoon and Kikwang to get started on the stack of homework that did not even fit in her bag. Would it get done? She hoped so.

Nakyung pushed open the door to the library, head hanging low, barely able to carry her books when she crashed into someone. Papers scattered everywhere and she immediately knelt. "Sorry! Mianhe!"

"Oh, Nakyung. Annyeong."

Instantly she froze. Their brief interaction that morning had given her chills and they returned the moment she heard his voice. Very distinct. She stopped gathering papers and glanced up at Junhyung, soft blond hair she wanted to touch and cute brown eyes watching her. His heart shaped lips were turned in a smile.

"A... A... Annyeong, Jun... Junhyung-ssi." Was she stuttering? Mwoya?

He stacked her books neatly. "I was just going to lunch. Are you hungry?"

"Ani--" Her stomach growled. He smirked. She felt so embarassed she could die. "Well, I am but I have a lot of work to do."

He raised his brows in surprise. "You're skipping lunch? That's not very healthy. Are you one of those girls who watches their figures with diets and starving themselves?"

She took the books and stood. "Ani-yo."

He smiled and leaned towards her. She could smell his cologne, Dolce & Gabbana, sweet, musk, trapping her. "Good. I don't like girls who go on diets and starve themselves." He stepped even closer. His scent felt like a drug. She felt dizzy and anxious. Very tired, yet very alert. "And there is no need to be formal with me, Nakyung." He walked away. She felt like collapsing.

 

"Yong Junhyung is weird."

"Huh?"

Nakyung settled next to Kikwang with her bulgogi bento and pulled apart her chopsticks. "Yong Junhyung. The king or whatever he's called. He's very strange. I don't understand why people actually acknowledge him. Can you tell me about him?"

Kikwang nodded. "Wae-yo?"

"Because if I know more about him, I'll have a reason to stay away."

He tilted his head. "Junhyung... his father is head of the Y Group. He bleeds money. He drives a red Ferrari-- he takes girls on dates in it and that's how he ups the count. I know so many girls who have been ruined by him. They were very innocent and then suddenly they weren't. He numbers them. In the two years he's been here, he's been through 76 girls."

76? She began to eat. That was the end of their conversation.

 

Junhyung tucked a napkin in his sweater and smiled. "Doojoon-ah, tell me about Nakyung. She says you two are twins?"

He nodded. "She just came back from New York." He glanced up from his meal and met Junhyung's eyes. "Sisters are off limits, remember?"

The king waved a hand. "I know she's off limits! I value our friendships more than my count, Doojoon. Please continue."

"She has an attitude problem. She's rude and obnoxious. She's really attached to Dongwoon and Kikwang. That's how she met Jihyun and Hyuna. She loves Japanese food, and she does this thing where if she smells sushi, she'll wiggle her nose because she loves it so much. Her favorite is any roll with eel in it. She likes to dance as well."

Junhyung smirked. "Ah, she's a dancer? That's cool."

Doojoon glared. "Remember that she's off limits, Junhyung. You made that rule. Don't break it or else--?"

"Or what? You'll date my sister? Too bad, I don't have one and there is nothing you could do to stop me, Doojoon. I am called the king for a reason. The most you could do is beat me up, and even then, I don't think you'll be satisfied. I said I wouldn't touch her. I said she is off limits. Don't annoy me with your overprotective bull."

Yoseob smiled. "Ya! You two are getting a little too serious for lunch. Try this pasta, it's amazing."

Junhyung glanced at his best friend. "No corn soup?"

"No, I decided to switch it up today. Hey, are we playing games at your house after school?"

He shook his head. "No. There's somewhere I have to go to tonight. Tomorrow, we will."

 

Jihyun and Nakyung sat in a coffee shop across the street from the university's main gates. Kikwang was training. Dongwoon was in class. The atmosphere was relaxing even though Nakyung felt like she was drowning in work. She barely slept the night before. The idea of doing this almost daily for the next three and a half months made her want to quit completely and work at a coffee shop for the rest of her life.

"And there is number 77, Kim Yujin." Jihyun pointed to the couple approaching the gates. Nakyung immediately recognized Junhyung. "The king is on his 77th girl. Her name is Kim Yujin but she calls herself UEE. She'll be gone by the end of the week, sadly enough for her."

Nakyung sighed. "How does he expect to get married or even find love when he's dating and dumping girls every week?"

"Annyeong, Nakyung." They glanced back at Hyuna, who approached, wearing a small leopard print dress. She was alone, with a coy smile on her face. She slid into the chair next to Nakyung. "Annyeongseyo, Kim Hyuna imnida."

Jihyun nodded. "I know. I'm Nam Jihyun."

Hyuna smiled. "What are you guys talking about? You don't mind that I'm here, do you? I have free time that I usually spend with Hyunseung but he's at a meeting today."

"Junhyung is on number 77 now," Nakyung said.

"Ha! I was 32. Dating Junhyung was the most fun I've ever had until Hyunseung came along. He was a perfect gentleman."

"Until he tossed you aside," Jihyun added.

Hyuna shook her head. "That is just the way Junhyung is. Growing up, whenever he was sick of a toy, he immediately got a new one. When he was sick of friends, he immediately got new ones. He has never had to endure anything, so he doesn't. When girls throw themselves at him, they make relationships are replaceable as toys."

They sat in silence for a moment. Then Hyuna said, "Nakyung, I saw the way Junhyung looked at you. If the opportunity arises, I wouldn't turn it down. It's the experience of a lifetime. They have this rule that sisters are off limits, but if Junhyung wants something badly enough, he will take it. I'd give anything to be chased by him, to be touched again--"

"Junhyung and me?" Nakyung laughed. "My one true love is Lee Minho. I have no time for a womanizing monster like--"

"Are you talking about me?" And like that, he was there, eavesdropping on her conversation. He stood, radiating swagger and expensive cologne, with a girl, UEE, hanging on his arm. He smirked his usual coy smirk. "I hope your fantasy relationship with Lee Minho works out, Nakyung. Let's go, Hyuna. We have to fetch Hyunseung."

Hyuna smiled and stood. "Well, I have to go. Bye Nakyung and Jihyun."

 

"Have you seen Junhyung-oppa?" UEE shouted to Yoseob over the music. He shook his head.

 

It was just her and the dance studio. It cleared out at midnight. Nakyung pointed the remote at the stereo and it played an upbeat pop song. She moved to the beat, hitting every sharp and sinking into smooth, liquid motions. She twirled and spun and leapt until her chest ached and as she sank to the floor, she heard a single applause.

Junhyung walked in, a nice black coat tossed over his shoulder. He wore a v-neck, and she could not help but glance at the very visible tattoo, teasing her. He had the same smirk on his face. "Doojoon told me you were a dancer, but I didn't know you were this good." He sat his coat down and selected another song. "Do you mind if I dance with you?"

She watched him cautiously. "Wae-yo? You have a girlfriend of the week."

He smirked. "Are you a fan of me? How'd you know?"

"Everyone knows."

"So can I dance with you?"

He pressed play and hip hop song boomed through the speakers. He was good. He moved with speed and agility towards her, swirling and shuffling, until his hands were on her waist and she tried to shrink away. She grabbed his hands as they sank lower and lower towards her hips and he pressed so close behind her that she could feel his chest on her back. He spun her away and then pulled her close, sliding his leg down her thigh as she sank to floor.

Every touch was sensual.

Every move was seductive.

This was the closest she had ever been to a guy. But he wouldn't know that.

"Can I ask you something? That is a very pretty necklace. Where did you get it?"

Her hand immediately touched it. "A friend gave it to me as a welcome back present."

"What friend?"

"Lee Kikwang. Wae-yo?"

He shook his head and smiled. "Hm. See you, then." He grabbed his jacket and vanished.

"Junhyung, you bad, bad guy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

meh