Oplan8

Oplan

“I think I’m gonna die here.” Mingyu said when he woked up.

 

It was Saturday and he’s all alone by himself in his apartment. He doesn’t know how to take care of himself when he’s having a cold. Poor Mingyu.

 

He covered himself with his blanket and sleep again. After thirty minutes, he heard a knock in his door in the living room from his room.

 

That’s probably the gang. They know where I hide my spare key outside. I’m too lazy to get off the bed.

 

After the knocked, he heard a door opened and closed. Then a footstep heading to the kitchen. He doesn’t even care if those were thieves. Like what are they going to steal, the refrigerator? He just don’t care about his surroundings and starts sleeping again.

 

“Hey wake up. You need to eat to live you know.” He got up and almost fell on his bed when he sees Watermelon holding a tray with their food. She placed the tray in the bed, infront of Mingyu. Then she sat on the bed, facing the taller who is still shock of her presence. “Now let’s eat! Breakfast time!” And the two start eating. Forgetting the thought that Watermelon was there with him. 

 

Mingyu is enjoying the food. Like he had never eaten for months. He even feels like his cold is getting better now because of the food.

 

“Did you all cooked this here?” Mingyu asked with his mouth full.

 

“Yep. I cooked us a meal first before waking you up because I know I can’t wake you up on weekends without bribing you for food. And I invited the gang, but they are all busy. Chan and Wonwoo have a bet on some video game. Jeonghan and Jisoo is celebrating their 600 days. Minghao and Jun went on a date. Soonyoung and Seokmin don’t want to go with me because they want to be alone together in the apartment and can have the sofa by themselves. I invaded Jihoon’s apartment and caught him and Cheol eating each other. And Vernon already asked Seungkwan first to hang out with him.” And she took the last bite of her bread.

 

Mingyu stared at her. She’s really not this talkative when they are together since they’re friendship grew apart. She’ll just shrug or nod when someone would talk to her. But now, she’s back on her old self. Being talkative.

 

“I think Seungkwan likes Vernon.” Mingyu said, mouth still stuffed with food.

 

“Yeah. He even begged to me to go lunch with us because of Vernon. He can’t get Vernon off his mind when he first saw him.” And she drink her juice.

 

“You thinking what I’m thinking?” And Mingyu wiggle his eyebrows.

 

“Mingyu, we can’t stalk Seungkwan and Vernon. They’ll easily caught us stalking them because you might sneeze there like non-stop.” And she took mingyu’s empty plate and also hers and put it in the tray. “I’ll go wash the plate. Take your medicines Mingyu.” She used her lips to point the medicine that is in the study table near at Mingyu’s bed, then she headed to the kitchen.

 

Mingyu did what Watermelon instruct to him. Covered his face with his pillow and squealed. Like a teenage girl who was asked out by her crush on a date.

 

Omygod she’s here in my apartment! She even cooked breakfast for me! Is this it?! Is she falling back for me again?!

 

“Are you trying to kill yourself?” Mingyu throw the pillow to nowhere when he heard Watermelon’s voice.

 

“Why would I do that?” He said coolly like he didn’t did anything weird.

 

“Okay. I think you’re better now. You’re not sneezing anymore. Food do really make you feel better.” And she sat on Mingyu’s bed.

 

“We can now stalk Vernon and Seungkwan right?”

 

“Yep. Now go take a bath. You smell like a dead cat.” Watermelon act like he really smell bad by fanning her face using her hands like she smelled something bad.

 

He hurriedly went to his closet and get something to wear. Before he entered to the bathroom, he picked the pillow that he throw a while ago and throw it to Watermelon. And it hit to her face.

 

 

“I really want to go to Jeju. But Wenchae won’t let me go with here when she would visit her Appa there. I just want to eat their watermelons there.” Vernon whined.

 

“Because she doesn’t want anyone to know how her long nickname Watermelon was born.” Seungkwan answered but regret on why he said that.

 

“Why? She never bring that topic for us. If we asked her why, she’ll change the topic.”

 

“Wow. They’re talking behind my back.” Watermelon said while leaning to the three behind her.

 

Vernon and Seungkwan were in the park. Sitting on a bench with a huge tree behind them. Where Mingyu and Watermelon is hiding and eavesdropping.

 

“I’ll tell you why.” Seungkwan said which made brighten Vernon.

 

“No. don’t tell him. I’ll hate you.” If Watermelon could shout there, she should. But the two would caught them eavesdropping if she’ll shout.

 

“Now we’ll know why your long nickname was born.” Mingyu said happily, excited on what he’ll know.

 

“When we we’re five, she starts loving to eat watermelons. It’s like her dessert to every meals. Breakfast, lunch, snack time and dinner. There is no day that she wouldn’t eat a watermelon. There was one time that her mother forgot to buy one because she forgets to put it on the grocery list. She cried like nonstop. Saying ‘I want watermelon!’ between her sobs. She even ran away from their house. We searched for her and found her in a watermelon farm, eating with the farmers. The farmers said that she bribe them, using her aegyo to give her watermelons. On that day, her long nickname was born.” And the two laughed.

 

Mingyu was covering his mouth while laughing.

 

“Stop it Mingyu. They might hear you!” Watermelon shout in a whisper.

 

“Show me how you did that aegyo.” Watermelon rolled her eyes and the latter just laughed.

 

“Hey Seungkwan.” Seungkwan stopped laughing and turn his gazed at Vernon. “I like you.”

 

“Oh… A lot of people always say that because I always approach them first plus they won’t get bored when the---“

 

“I mean I like you. The kind of like where I have to steal glances at you in the university. The kind of like when I feel some flies inside my stomach—“

 

“Those are butterflies Vernon.” Seungkwan said interrupting Vernon.

 

“Yeah butterflies in my stomach when we were together at the cashier. I really like you Seungkwan. Since day 1 of college.”

 

Seungkwan doesn’t know what to react. He wasn’t ready for this. Well, he wasn’t ready for anything.

 

And the two behind the tree can’t believe what they just heard.

 

“Did you know anything about this?” Mingyu ask Watermelon.

 

“No. Do you?” Watermelon retuned the question to Mingyu but he just shook his head. Her eyes went wide like an owl. How dare you not telling me about this Choi Hansol Vernon!

 

She peeked to Vernon and Seungkwan to see what’s happening. But Seungkwan was nowhere to be found next to Vernon. The latter was staring at the other direction so she turned her gazed to what he is staring at. Oh… Boo ran away. Again. I knew he’ll run away in a situation like this.

 

“Hey Boo!” Watermelon called Seungkwan who is almost away from the park.

 

“I’ll chase him.” Mingyu said and run to chase Seungkwan.

 

“You two were eavesdropping the whole time?” Watermelon starred at him weirdly. “Behind that tree?” And he pointed the tree where the two were hiding.

 

“Are you blushing? Or are you fumming mad at me?” She sit beside Vernon.

 

“Yes, I’m blushing and no I’m not mad at you. But why did Seungkwan run when I confessed to him? Does he like someone else?” And he lay his head into Watermelon’s shoulder.

 

“He likes you too Hansol.” Vernon tilt his head to stare at Watermelon with his serious face. “I’m serious Hansolie. He likes you when he first saw you at the soccer field when we were eating lunch there. He run away because he wasn’t expecting that you like him too.” She fixed the plates in her skirt. “He doesn’t know anything Vernon but just the fact that he likes you. Knowing Seungkwan since we were kids, he’ll definitely run when he knows nothing about the scene.”

 

“Is that why you also run away from us? Because you know nothing but just your feelings?” Watermelon turn her gaze to Vernon and just smiled.

 

“I’ll make it up for you two.” And she felt that her phone vibrate from her bag. She took her phone and read the message. “Oh… Mingyu said he send Seungkwan to his apartment. He doesn’t want to talk about it. Now let’s go get some icecream to cheer you up.” The two stands up and went to a near icecream parlor.