A New Beginning

A Coincidence (SHINee FanFic)

"Who's calling you during our recording sessions?!" Taeyang whisper-shouted at Teddy, annoyed that he was interrupted by the phone ringing halfway through recording his lines.

"And why are you picking up?" Jiyong frowned. Teddy held the phone away from his ear for a moment, so that he could shush them all.

"Annyeonghaseyo, this is Teddy... Ah, (y/n)! What do you want to talk about?.... Uh-huh...wait, what? NO WAY, HE DID NOT!.... Yes, of course! I'll organise a meeting for you with Yang Hyun-suk immediately....Okay, see you soon!"

Jiyong had rushed out of the recording booth as soon as he heard your name mentioned, and kept asking Teddy questions using gestures, like the two were playing charades. Teddy kept brushing him off, and then ignored him after hanging up, as if he hadn't even answered a phone call at all. He did it on purpose, and he could tell it was annoying the hell out of Jiyong.

"Well!??!"

"Oh, that?" Teddy grinned smugly, enjoying the fact that he knew something that Jiyong didn't.

"Just put him out of his misery already.." Seunghyun grumbled.

"That was (y/n)... and Lee Soo-man just kicked her out of SMent..."

Gasps filled the room, the other four getting out of the booth to catch the news.

"And now.... she wants to join us at freaking YGent!" Teddy finished, flashing a sly smile. A wide smile made its way onto Jiyong's face, as the others high-fived and whooped with excitement.

"So do we get the day off, you know, to celebrate?" Taeyang asked cheekily, supported by Daesung.

"You guys celebrate way too much.. so that's a no," Teddy said firmly, shooing them back into the recording booth. They groaned in harmony, and trudged back in, apart from Jiyong, who had a bounce in his step, and looked like he was high on happiness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You exhaled deeply after getting off the phone. You were sure that this was the right decision. It had to be. A few minutes later, you received a text from Teddy:

Yang Hyun-suk's schedule is empty at 3.00pm today if you're free to drop by then.

You replied instantly, agreeing to be there. Only one hour until your fate was sealed..for the second time. Was this the end of your short-lived, yet wonderful career? Or could you keep at it? You hoped that it would be the latter. Aishh, you shouldn't even think about that now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was only your second time standing in front of the YG building. The place that could become your new second home. You forbade yourself from thinking about SMent any more. Lee Soo-man had made it clear that your days there were over. It was your first time stepping inside by yourself, and you were nervous. Before, you had all the confidence in the world, especially since you had Jiyong by your side.

You hesitantly walked up to the receptionists desk, and surprisingly, she remembered you from the last time you were here, admitting that she was a fan of yours. When you said you had a meeting with Yang Hyun-suk, she gladly led you to his office, and even knocked on the door for you.

"Don't worry," She smiled. You were sure that she didn't know the exact reasons why you were here, but her words were still comforting, all the same.

The door swung open, and she saw you in before leaving. You were alone.. In a confined room.. With the founder of YG... 

"I must say, I'm not surprised to see you here, but I'm glad you're here. I'm glad that you saw the obvious choice," Yang Hyun-suk began. You gulped as you took a seat opposite him. You opened your mouth to say something, but Yang Hyun-suk continued.

"Let me get this out of the way first.. We do want you in our company,"

You sighed in relief and thanked him.

"I want you to know, that unlike SMent, we take any bad publicity we get, in our stride. Whenever anything gets into the media, it's always a good thing, no matter what. It just depends on which way you spin it. So keep doing what you're doing, because, we'll always find a way to sort things out.. Welcome to the family,"

"Thank you so much! I'll work as hard as I can to improve!" You smiled, overcome with relief and joy. That was one less thing to worry about.