somebody call pest control

somebody call pest control

“.”

Joohyun’s concentration is once again interrupted by Jung Yonghwa, the student she is tutoring and he is not helping his own situation right now. A few M&M’s roll down the desk, and she slams them to pieces, she almost screams in joy at the torn expression he has on. He stares at her for a moment, then he begins rustling through his bag.

He pulls out another packet of the chocolate treat and she would launch herself on him if this it is not for the extra curricular points she would need for her scholarship. She makes a sound of annoyance, gritting her teeth as she shoved the crushed pieces aside, placing her book in front of him.

“Define PEST.” She asks, telling him he could not refer to his notes; he should have memorised this two terms before.

“You.” He replies, stuffing two more candies in his mouth. “You’re a pest, a despicable creature in the entire world.”

Joohyun snaps her pencil into two. “Listen here, dip.” She stands up, slamming her hands on the desk, invading his personal space. “Unless you want to spend another year, you will define PEST for me.”

“Political, Economic, Social, Technological.” He hiccups.

“Good boy.” She straightens out his collar for him, getting back into her seat.

Her phone rings, she swipes left, rejecting the call. She could always call her mother back after this study session ends. She switches it to silent mode, placing it back inside her bag. She could hear him ripping another packet open, now it is making her hungry.

The silence is not helping, the sound of her stomach growling causes Yonghwa to burst in a fit of laughter, she takes a deep breath, flipping her pages over.

“Do you want some?” He offers, holding two red candies in his hands, looking earnestly at her.

“Is this a trap of some sort?”

He shakes his head, and why not, she thinks, reaching over but he swats her hands away. She furrows her eyebrows in irritance.

“Are you kidding me?” He grins, holding his hand out again.

“There is a condition.” He explains. “You didn’t let me finish.”

She sighs. “What is it?”

He beckons her closer, just like earlier but it is different this time. Her cheeks scorching with embarrassment. “You can have them, but you have to take it from my mouth.”

“We’re in school.” She quickly states.

“So that’s a yes,” he quickly turns around, checking their surroundings, “no one is here.”

He pops the two laying in his hands, closing his eyes and leans in. Did I take the joke too far, he asks himself. Just as he backs away, Joohyun pulls him in, putting her hands at the sides of his face. Yonghwa could only stay there, staring back at her.

“You’re supposed to kiss back, you know.” She whispers, chuckling when Yonghwa puts his hands around her neck, completely ready this time.