Rescue

Midnight Circus

09: Rescue


     "Where's Suzy?"

     Myungsoo asked as he looked around the common room, searching for her inbetween the girls. He hadn't seen her since training and there were a few things he wanted to talk to Suzy about, especially those boys Zico encountered earlier.

"I thought she came back with you guys," Mingyu said as he arm wrestled with Chanhee.

     Myungsoo walked into the girls' dormitory and looked around, unable to find any traces of her. It was strange for her to not be around when the sun was setting because she didn't know alot about the night life in each district. 

"Jungyeon took her out," SooJung said nonchalantly as she walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her hair. 

Myungsoo sighed and rushed out of the room, grabbing his jacket as he sped out of the dormitory and ran for his life. 

     Having been leader for his district for as long as he could remember, he knew each and every person in his district as well as he knew himself. That being said, he knew Jungyeon wasn't  up to any good. 

     Although Jungyeon was one of the most toughest girls in his district, it was only within district bounds that she was a good girl. Jungyeon was part of the entertainment department- A.K.A the Shinjuku of Rubicon. As much fun as the entertainment district was, it was as much dangerous. The time before sunset, the entertainment department would mainly serve as a shopping district that serves as a major commercial and administrative center. 

However, during the night was when things would get much more dangerous. 

The shopping districts would take off its veil and reveal its real night life. 

It was the real temptation for many in Rubicon, but there was a curfew for younger age groups.

A night in the entertainment district mainly consisted of three things: Alcohol, fights, and .

     Although he knew Jungyeon wasn't the type to meddle around with guys to have , he knew she didn't have a good tolerance for alcohol and fights. Bringing Suzy into this was going to make things more messy, especially because he knew that the guys that Zico beat up would be there.

 

>>1 Hour Earlier<<

     "You alright?"

Jungyeon sat beside Suzy who looked extremely purplexed.

"Yeah," she shrugged. "Just worried about the game. You know.. it's already in two week's time."

"Hey," she pat her shoulder. "You have Zico to save your . What's the problem?"

"Still," she looked at the floor. "I'm just scared I'll drag him back and just.. kill us both."

Jungyeon eyed Suzy.

"You want to go kill some stress tonight?"

"What?"

"Come on," she grinned and pulled Suzy into the bedroom and slipped out a large suitcase from under her bed. Suzy watched as Jungyeon undid the five locks on the suitcase and flipped open the bag, carefully putting all the dresses on her bed. 

"Did I ever tell you I'm the only one who remembers exactly how I got here, knew all my information, and still remembers the time I had back there?"

"Seriously?"

"I'm Yoo Jungyeon," she knudged Suzy. "Of course."

"You brought these with you down here..?"

"It's funny really," she said as she continued placing the dresses on the bed. "I was supposed to debut in a girl group but the day before my debut I ended up here. Just happened to have all my rehearsal clothings with me at the time."

"Oh," Suzy said in a deflated tone. "I'm sorry.."

"What are you sorry for?" she snorted. "No one's dead or anything. Now come over here."

Jungyeon grabbed Suzy by the arms and placed her next to the bed, pressing the dresses against her body. She continued switching dresses and pressed it against her body, seeming to be unsatisfied everytime.

"Girl," she scanned Suzy's body. "You're pretty tall. and pretty busty too."

Suzy bit her lips in embarrassment. 

She placed another dress against her body and smiled in satisfaction, pushing Suzy into the bathroom with the dress. 

"Go try it on," she rushed.

 

     Suzy walked out of the bathroom with the dress that seemed to stick right on her body. She felt a little embarrassed as she looked down at her black dress that barely covered her thighs and only had a thin strap to hold it up. The dress revealed a lot more cleaveage than she had expected which made her quite uncomfortable. She wasn't used to wearing such revealing clothing, let alone going out in them.

"Wow," Jungyeon gasped.

"Isn't it too revealing..?" Suzy bit her lips, pulling her dress up to cover her cleaveage.

"You're 110% ready."

Jungyeon said excitedly as she grabbed Suzy's wrist and rushed out of the dorm building, running through the pathway that led to the entertainment district. 

'W-Where are we going?" Suzy asked, trying to stop her dress from flooding down. 

"You'll see," she smiled.

     After a few minutes of running, Jungyeon slowed down and slipped out a pair of red stillletos from her seemingly small clutch. She placed it the floor and pulled out another pair for herself, immediately slipping into them.

Suzy slipped into the heels, gulping at the height.

 

     As the two girls walked down the pathway filled with neon signs advertising clubs and bars, Suzy could feel the glances of guys fixed on them as they walked past. She couldn't help but feel uncomfortable- she wasn't used to this ever. She glanced at Jungyeon who seemed to know almost everyone in this area as she walked past. Suzy watched Jungyeon in surprise as she walked giving flirty looks to guys who looked cute or handsome.

     Jungyeon and Suzy looked back as a group of guys whistled and hollered at the two.

"Got a date?"

The guy asked as he eyed Jungyeon then fixed his attention on Suzy, then at her s.

Jungyeon nodded playfully and grabbed Suzy's wrist, pulling her into the group of boys as they walked along with them.

Suzy watched as Jungyeon released her grip and let the guy wrap his left arm around her waist. She laughed playfully as she whispered something into his ear and the both of them laughed.

Suzy flinched as she felt an arm wrap around her waist and saw a tall guy give her the most cheesiest smile she had ever seen. 

It was obvious his eyes were fixed on her chest, but it wasn't as if she could do anything about it. 

She just.. really wanted to go home. 

 

     The group entered what seemed like a lounge club. There was distant booming of music from behind the thick walls that separated the entrance for security check. Suzy awkwardly followed Jungyeon into the lounge club and found herself shocked at the scene. There were lazer beams of various colors shooting all over the place that shot its attention to the DJ at the front everytime he scratched a new song. There were people dressed just like her almost everywhere screaming and dancing - mostly grinding against each other and making out in the back area.

Suzy quietly followed the group as they made their way to the second floor and entered a lounge bar filled with couples making out - more like eating each other's faces. 

The group took a seat around a large table and began ordering alcohol, then fixing their eyes on Suzy.

Jungyeon was in the arms of the other guy, minutes away from making out. 

Suzy was on the edge of her seat as she tried to get Jungyeon's attention but she was too mezmerized with the guy she had met just a few minutes ago. 

     She froze as the same guy from before took a seat beside her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, his fingers lingering around her chest. She snapped his hands off but they naturally found its way back as he gently her hair and pulled her closer to him.

"It would be nice," he whispered in her ears, making her shudder. "you know, getting on a first-name basis."

Suzy only stayed silent.

"Jooheon," he whispered seductively. "What's yours?"

Suzy stayed silent once again. 

     Jooheon sighed and nodded, giving a small smile. Suzy gasped as Jooheon lifted her and placed her on his laps, almost intentionally placing her directly above his crotch. Suzy tried to escape but couldn't budge at his extreme strength holding her down. 

"Come on," he hummed. "let's just have some fun, hm?" he smirked.

"I have a boyfriend," she said stiffly.

"Then we can make this a secret," he whispered in her ears and roamed his hands around her upper body. "secrets are a thrill."

Suzy sighed and forced herself off Jooheon, sitting a gap away from him.

"Let's go dance," Jungyeon said excitedly with the guy in her arms.

"I'll pass," Suzy refused adamantly.

"Don't be ridiculous." Jungyeon sighed and grabbed Suzy's wrist, pulling her downstairs to the dance floor. Suzy watched as everyone danced to the beat of the booming music, completely losing control of theirselves as they skulled their alcohol down like it was water.

 

Suzy watched awkwardly as Jungyeon did a body roll against her 'one-day' boyfriend and began dancing sensually.

Suzy didn't know how to dance, and didn't like to.

She sighed as Jooheon slid behind her and grabbed her waist, pushing her against his body as he waved his body against her back. She tried to budge but because of his strength, only ended up bouncing back to him.

"Stop it," she snatched her arm off.

"Come on babe," he whispered in her ear and placed his hand on her stomach, trying to get her to dance.

She flinched as she felt Jooheon's hands slowly slide up to her chest, in which she slapped it off a numerous times. She bit her lips as he continued to slide his hands down and up her body, making her super uncomfortable.

"Stop touching me," she grit her teeth.

Jooheon only snickered, ignoring as he continued placing his hands on her chest, his hands freely roaming around.

"I said stop it!" she bit his arm and pushed him away.

She looked at Jooheon who looked extremely irritated as he glared at Suzy with indignance. He stormed up to Suzy and yanked her hair, pulling her into his chest and pressing her against his body so hard that she could hardly breathe.

"Shut up you ," he whispered in her ears. "You're going to do exactly as I say." 

Suzy bit her lips, unable to say another word. 

She looked up at Jooheon, studying his face. He seemed awfully familiar - he was the guy she saw at the gymnasium. He was part of district one; the one who aimed a perfect bullseye with his Russian knife five times in a row. 

She knew she couldn't win against this guy on her own. 

She bit her lips and held her breath as his hands travelled up her chest and slowly inside her dress, touching her bare skin. She flinched as his other hand was fixed on her , his hands freely roaming around. 

"I said stop it you son of a ,"

she pushed him and kicked his leg, leaving no time as she pushed through the people to escape. 

"," she gasped as a strong pair of hands yanked her hair back and slammed her onto the floor.

She saw Jooheon half limping as she looked down at Suzy with the dirtiest look she had ever seen on someone's face. He kneeled down and slapped her on the face, grabbing her hair as he dragged her across the floor.

Everyone only glanced as he dragged her across the floor, not bothering to help.

From midst the crowd, she could see Jungyeon losing herself in the crowd.

 

Suzy screamed as Jooheon dragged her into the men's bathroom and threw her on the floor. She hissed at the pain and looked at her thigh that was purple from the bruise. She gulped and looked at Jooheon who sighed and took off his leather jacket, staring down at Suzy with a dirty face.

He knelt down and slipped out a bunch of money from his back pocket, throwing each note on the floor.

"My friends and I," he said as he continued throwing the notes on the floor. "We made a small bet. Whoever can lay Bae Suzy first gets to keep all this money."

Suzy's heart beat crazily as she stared at the money.

"You see, I'm on suspension from my department, so there's no money coming in for me right now I really need this money, so looks like you're going to help me."

He smirked as he began ping his pants right infront of Suzy.

Suzy shrieked for help, trying to escape.

Jooheon punched her face each time she tried to get up and escape as he took off his pants and pushed her against the wall, trying to pull her dress off.

"STOP IT!"

Suzy screamed, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Come on babe," he grit his teeth as he forced himself on her. "You know you want it."

"PLEASE," she cried, hoping anyone would save her. "SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

She closed her eyes as Jooheon raised his hand to hit her again.

But to her surprise, she felt no blow against her face. 

 

She squinted her eyes open and saw Jooheon on the floor, his nose bleeding.

Suzy looked to the side and saw a guy jumping on top of Jooheon as he began punching him on the face multiple times, screaming. Suzy couldn't make out the guy as his face was pressed under a large black cap and a mask.

Jooheon kicked the guy off and rolled on top of him, punching him twice before the guy dodged his punch.

"I told you," the guy in the mask panted. "You don't hit girls, even with a flower."

"You're all grown up," Jooheon scoffed as he wiped the blood off his mouth. "Why, you wanna that instead?"

The guy in the mask screamed as he punched Jooheon a few more times before a bunch of guys came running in and tore the two apart. The two growled as they tried to run at each other.

The guys dumped the masked guy on the floor and supported Jooheon as they walked out of the bathroom.

 

Suzy curled into a ball in the corner, burying her head inbetween her knees.

She was too scared to cry.

She looked up as the masked guy took off his baseball jacket and placed it over her shoulder, zipping it up.

He took off his mask and to his surprise, Zico knelt right before her, his lips bleeding.

 

"Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?"

He said desperately as he grabbed her shoulder and scanned her all over, discovering the small bruise on her thigh.

"It's just a small bruise,"

"We've got to get this treated."

"I said I'm fine-"

"Get on my back."

"I said I'm fine-"

"GODDAMIT SUZY," he screamed. "Just.. get on my back."

He placed his cap on her head and pressed it down her face, kneeling down as she silently climbed on his back. A million thoughts rushed inside Zico's head as he felt Suzy climb on his back. He knew he wasn't supposed to feel this way, but everytime he saw this girl, why did he see Seyoung?

 

"Thanks," she said softly as Zico took a shortcut that led them out of the entertainment district. 

"ARE YOU INSANE?" he yelled. "You're a girl who has the game in two weeks yet you're going off playing with guys and almost getting -"

Zico sighed as he felt her burying her face in his shoulder, crying.

"You're always crying crying crying; can't you just own up to your actions for once?" Zico seethed, extremely irked. "Everything's been changing ever since you got here. It's your fault that I'm pushed into the games and it's your fault-"

"It's not my fault you dragged me to go see the games," Suzy blurted, on the brink of tears.

"Did I ing tell you to follow me? Did I ing tell you to lose your step and get the three of us caught?!" Zico yelled and sighed, clearing his throat.

"Is that how you've been seeing me this whole time?" Suzy sighed. "Is that why you hate me so much?"

Zico sighed and released his arm, letting Suzy fall to the ground. Suzy barely caught her balance as she stood up and stared at Zico spitefully. Suzy had really tried to be understanding of this guy but she couldn't take it anymore. It was obvious that he was trying to blame all of this on Suzy, but she wasn't going to let this pass.

"I don't care if you hate me or not Zico," Suzy said firmly. "But for as long as we're a team, we have to work together-"

"We?" he scoffed. "A team?"

"You know we can't get out alone."

"Every single time I've been in the games, I've fought for my life. But if I have to get out with you, it's just better to die."

"Are you done talking?" Suzy asked, dumbfounded.

Zico only scoffed, walking past her.

"It's not my fault Seyoung died," Suzy said coldly, stopping Zico. "Even if I wasn't there, she still would have died."

"Shut up," he said quietly.

"I heard the other day they planned Seyoung's death because our identities - my identity was caught in the stadium. But you and I both know that's not true; Se-young would have died anyway so if that's why you hate me-"

"I SAID SHUT UP," he spun and stormed toward her, shoving her.

"Is this how you treated Seyoung?" she spat. "I've seen you cry over Seyoung's death and now I see. Your tears aren't genuine," she scoffed. "You're crying because you feel bad for not treating her right when she was there."

Zico growled and grabbed the collar of her jacket, staring into her eyes. 

Zico felt his soul weakening as he looked through her firm eyes and let go of her. It happened again; he saw Seyoung in her face again.

 

"Woo Tae-woon," Suzy said as Zico looked up, stunned. 

"I know that's your name," she said calmly. "You act so tough, but you're just pathetic."

She gave him a look and walked past him, following the path that led to the dorms.

 

He looked at the girl who called his name; the name that even he had forgotten.


Poster, Character chart and BG is updated~