iv. (part 1)

The Im Family

hi, yes, I'm still alive.


Jinyoung rubbed his eyes as he sat up on the bed. It's just Tuesday, but Jinyoung was too tired already. He couldn't wait for weekend so he could sleep a little bit longer. But for now, he had to get out of bed. Jaebum was still lost in his dreams beside him, eyebrows scrunched up slightly. Jinyoung wondered what creature he's fighting there in his dreams. From the looks on Jaebum's face, he made a random wild guess that the elder's losing the battle, so he decided to wake his husband up in order to save him from dying in his dream.

Jinyoung Jaebum's hair lovingly. "Jaebum, wake up. You're going to be late." He sighed, he knew better it took more than that to wake the latter up.

Jaebum stirred, but that's it. Jinyoung shook him at the shoulders, and after a few minutes of trying, Jaebum finally opened his eyes and squinted at Jinyoung. He groaned. "I'm winning the battle, why did you wake me up? I almost killed the-"

"We both know you're losing it and dying, so stop lying and thank me because I love you enough to save you from being killed by whatever creature it was in your dream. Now wake up, I'm going to wake the children up."

Jaebum pouted, Jinyoung would definitely kissed him if it wasn't for the fact that they just woke up and no morning breath is a big NO. He went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and washed his face before going outside again. Jaebum was sitting on the bed, scrolling through his phone to check his schedule for the day.

He trudged across their bedroom and went outside to go to the kids' bedroom. Peeking inside, he saw all beds were occupied, except for one. He raised his eyebrows in confusion. Where's Mark?

He stepped inside the room, and suddenly the door to the bathroom swung open and Mark came out in his bathrobe. Jinyoung smiled. His son was all grown up, he could wake up on his own now. His heart swelled with happiness and he let out a soft chuckle. Mark lifted his gaze up and saw his Papa leaning at the door. He grinned. "Good morning, Papa. I woke up on my own today."

Jinyoung wore a matching grin on his face, as he walked to Mark and lifted him up to give him a peck on the lips. "Good morning, sweetie. You're a big boy now, aren't you? Good job. Alright, can you help me wake your brothers up? I'm going to prepare breakfast. Can you do that?"

Mark nodded enthusiastically. Jinyoung put him down and Mark ran to Youngjae's bed. Jinyoung smiled. "Put on some clothes first, Mark. You'll catch a cold." The eldest son turned to his Papa and grinned. "Okay." Jinyoung watched his son chose his outfit for the day, and after making sure he'll be comfortable in his chosen outfit, Jinyoung stepped out of the room to go to the kitchen.

*

Jaebum walked out of the shower and saw Mark standing in front of the bedroom door, pouting. Jaebum raised an eyebrow. "Mark? What's wrong?"

"Papa told me to wake Jackson and Youngjae up but Youngjae wouldn't budge and Jackson is very warm. Help me, Daddy."

Jaebum wanted to laugh, of course Youngjae wouldn't budge, but what's with Jackson? His heartbeat started to beat irregularly, one of his intuition when something wasn't right. He strode over to Mark, the little guy following him from behind to go to the kids' bedroom. He walked inside to the view of Youngjae almost falling off his bed and Jackson all bundled up in his duvet. Jaebum sat next to Jackson and placed the back of his hand on the child's forehead.

"Oh my god, he's burning up," Jaebum's eyes widened and he turned back to Mark, who's eyeing him curiously. "Honey, can you go get Papa? Thank you." Mark's eyebrows raised, but he didn't say anything before scurrying outside.

Jaebum leaned forward and placed a kiss on Jackson's forehead and he stayed there for a couple more seconds when the child stirred. He's caressing his son's soft hair when Jinyoung walked in with Mark, both coming straight to Jackson's bed. Jinyoung's face was calm, it was like he expected this to happen.

"I think he caught a cold," Jaebum whispered, not wanting to wake the sick child up. Jinyoung smiled gently, nodding as he tucked the duvet tighter around Jackson's small frame. "I knew this would happen, I spent 15 minutes trying to get him out of the bathtub last night."

"Do we have to take him to the hospital? Do we still have meds for this?" Jaebum asked.

"It's just a slight cold, I think. He'll be fine. Yes, we still have the meds, so don't you worry." Jinyoung patted Jaebum's cheeks, bringing a small smile to the man's face. "You're going to be late, Jaebum. Go get ready. I'll wake Youngjae up."

Jaebum nodded, and after one last kiss to Jackson's cheek, he left the room. Jinyoung was going to head over to Youngjae's bed, but Mark tugged on his pants and looked up at him worriedly. "Papa, is Jackson fine? Why is he not waking up? Is he not going to school?"

Jinyoung kneeled and take Mark's hands in his. "Jackson caught a cold, he is sick so he's not going to school, okay? He needs to rest at home today."

"Can I stay at home too? I want to look after Jackson." Jinyoung almost cried.

"You can't, love. You have to go to school. It's okay, don't worry. Papa's here, I'll take care of Jackson for you, okay?"

"But I wan-"

"Mark, listen. You have to go to school, so that you can tell Jackson all the fun stuff you'll be doing today. That way he'll recover faster and he can go to school with you again tomorrow. Okay?" Mark pouted, but he nodded. "Okay, Papa."

*

After spending almost 20 minutes waking Youngjae up and getting him ready for school, Jinyoung went back to the kitchen and saw Jaebum fixing himself and Mark the toasts he made earlier. He didn't have the heart to break the father and son moment they're having at the time, so he stood by the doorway and smiled softly watching Jaebum piling Mark's plate with strawberries from his own and wiping the syrup at the corner of his son's mouth. Youngjae came running into the kitchen, pulling himself up to sit on the chair and yelling, "Good morning, Daddy! Good morning, Mark hyung!"

Mark cringed, and muttered something along the line of Youngjae being too loud in the morning, while Jaebum grinned, placed two toasts on Youngjae's plate and poured some syrup on it. "Good morning to you too, sweetie. Eat up, you're going to be late."

Jaebum looked up and met Jinyoung's eyes, smiling and beckoning him to sit together for breakfast. Youngjae was stuffing his mouth with food and Mark was quietly sipping on his milk. "Slow down, Youngjae. You're going to choke on your food," Jinyoung softly reminded, but Youngjae was already done.

"Come on, Daddy! I promised Jimin hyung I'll build a house with him today, I can't be late!" He hopped off the chair, ran back to the room to get both his and Mark's bags and dragged them to the front door. Jaebum and Mark rolled their eyes and Jinyoung laughed, his laughter reverberated across the room. "Since when Youngjae is excited for school? Where's the sleepy whiny kid that I have to drag to the car every morning just so he can go to school?"

Jaebum took the last sip of his coffee, standing up and bringing both his and Mark's plates to the sink. "Leave it there, love. You have to hurry, Youngjae's already bouncing by the door," Jinyoung chuckled. Mark sighed softly. "Ever since Jimin and Taehyung came to the school, Youngjae doesn't want to play with me anymore. He said I'm no fun and Jimin is better at building houses with him."

Jinyoung pulled Mark close to him. "You know he's just excited because he met new friends, right? He still plays with you at home, isn't that great too?" Mark shrugged. Jinyoung gave him a hug and a peck to the cheek, ruffling his hair into place. "Be good at school, okay?"

Jinyoung turned around and was met with Jaebum who immediately placed his hands on the younger's waist. A glance to make sure Mark was out of the kitchen and Jinyoung pulled his husband close, eagerly kissing the elder. Jaebum smiled into the kiss, breaking the kiss off and grinned. "Someone's eager this morning."

"Shut up."

"You get some last night and you still want some this morning? I thought you had better control than this."

"We were rushing last night, okay. I can't let Bam screaming and crying his heart out just so I can get a proper release." Jaebum nodded thoughtfully.

"True, especially when you've done enough screaming for the night."

Jinyoung scoffed and shoved Jaebum away. "Shut up, Jaebum."

"Alright, alright, I'm running late now, but how's this," Jaebum took Jinyoung by his waist once again, "You make sure Jackson's recuperating well, and I'll give you some more tonight. Much more than what you got last night." Jaebum's voice was low and husky, it sent shivers down Jinyoung's spine. He kissed the latter one last time, nibbling softly on his lower lips. "See you tonight."

"Daddy!"

They jumped and pushed off each other, looking around frantically for the kids. Jaebum sighed, rubbing his temple. "I didn't know he could hit that note. I'm signing him up for vocal lessons." Jinyoung laughed, and walked with his husband to the front door. Mark was still trying to tie his shoelace with Youngjae sitting by his side, pouting. "What took you so long, Daddy?" He whined.

"Sorry, honey. Let's go now."

Jinyoung kneeled and turned Youngjae around. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

Youngjae's eyebrows scrunched up cutely. 2 seconds passed and he gasped. He threw himself at Jinyoung. "Sorry, Papa."

"It's okay, now give me a kiss." Youngjae gave his Papa a smooch on the lips, and beamed. "Bye, Papa, I'll see you later!"

"Bye Youngjae. Bye Mark. Take care at school, okay?" Both kids waved to Jinyoung before Mark took Youngjae's hand in his. "Come on, Youngjae."

Jaebum opened the front door and let the kids walked out before sending a wink to the younger man. Jinyoung rolled his eyes. "Drive safely. Come back home in one piece."

"I will. I'll get going. I love you."

"I love you too."


i'm sorry, i have like the biggest writer's block ever, and this is pretty short, eh? i'm not sure why i divided this into two parts, but part 2 will be up tonight (HOPEFULLY), and yeah, leave your comments so i can improve ! i'd love to talk to you guys :)