ii .

The Im Family
I'm just gonna drop this here. Okay. Keep your expectations low.
 

 

"Jackson!" Little feet scurried across the floor mat, almost tripping over a toy Bambam had thrown earlier. Jinyoung poked his head around the kitchen counter, catching a glance of Jackson running into the main bedroom. He turned the other way and saw Mark, shirtless and pouting as he stomped towards Jinyoung. Jinyoung raised an amused eyebrow.

"Papa, Jackson's wearing my shirt again!" He whined, and Jinyoung almost cooed at the cuteness that is Mark. Instead, he sighed and went into the bedroom. He turned the knob, and found that it was locked. Jinyoung rubbed his temple, it's only 7 in the morning and he wasn't ready yet for this mess. He knocked, waiting for the door to be opened. A few seconds passed and he was already losing his patience. He didn't even prepare breakfast yet. 

"Jackson, come out now. Give your hyung his shirt back." 

No response.

Jinyoung was about to knock again when the door suddenly bursted open, revealing a smiling Jaebum and Jackson who was hiding behind his daddy's pants. He clutched onto Jaebum's legs so hard and cried please let me wear this please please please. Jinyoung almost let out a chuckle when he saw Jackson in Mark's doughnut shirt. The shirt's might be a size too big for him, but he looked so adorable wearing it, Jinyoung didn't have the heart to tell him to give back the shirt to Mark.

"Wear your own shirt, Jackson! I'm wearing that to school!" Mark charged forward, but Jinyoung caught him in time to stop them from fighting. Mark struggled in Jinyoung's grip, whining when Jinyoung wouldn't let him go, and Jackson almost ran again but Jaebum picked him up and laughed. "Jackson, why are you wearing Mark's shirt? I thought Papa had sort out your outfit for today." 

Jackson wrapped his arms around Jaebum's neck and buried his face in it. Mark, on the other hand, had ran into the bedroom when he saw Youngjae stretching on their parents' bed, deciding to say "Good morning!" to his adorable little brother. He knew that eventually he's the one who had to give up and let Jackson wore his shirt, but he's still angry because Jackson didn't even ask for his permission before wearing it, and he wanted to vent out a little by squishing Youngjae's chubby cheeks. 

"I really like this shirt, and it's so warm and I don't know. I just really like it." Jackson mumbled into Jaebum's neck and the parents smiled at each other. Jaebum put him down and tilted his chin up to see his face. "It's okay. But next time you want to borrow Mark's shirt, you have to tell him first, okay? Ask for his permission. I'm sure he won't be mad if you do that. Do you understand?" Jackson smiled sheepishly, and nodded his head.

"Good boy. Now, go and apologize to Mark, will you?" 

Jackson ran and struggled to get onto the bed, succeeding to do that after a few tries. He sat in front of Mark, fiddling with the hem of the shirt. "Mark hyung, I'm sorry. I won't do it again. Will you let me wear this shirt today?"

Mark smiled, he could never be mad at his little brothers, anyways. They might be annoying as hell (he's pretty sure Jinyoung's going to yell at him for using that word, but oh well), but they're still his brothers. He reached out and ruffled Jackson's hair, earning a small whine from the younger boy. "It's okay. Yes, of course you can wear this today. But next time let me wear it okay? Will you promise me not to wear my shirt without my permission again?" Mark held out his pinky, prompting Jackson to link it with his own. Jackson complied. "I promise!"

Jackson then moved forward to hug Mark, and the latter was kind of suffocated because the hug was too tight and Jinyoung cleared his throat, making Jackson released the hug, grinning. "Now, come on both of you. You still have to get ready for school." 

Jackson happily jumped down the bed, following Jinyoung to the other room where they placed all the wardrobes for the kids. Mark stayed on the bed, though, wrapping Youngjae in a hug and pretending to sleep. Jaebum walked over and crossed his arms. "Honey, you have to go to school."

"But I'm still sleepy!" He whined and trashed around, accidentally kicking Youngjae hard on the shin in the process. 

"Ow, daddy!" The younger boy, who was just sleeping a few moments ago, wailed out loud in pain while clutching his leg. Mark sort of had a mild heart attack hearing the loud voice of his brother early in the morning, but he still gave him a wet smooch on the cheek and ran out of the room, yelling "Sorry Youngjae!" from the hallway. Jaebum rolled his eyes at the drama unfolding in front of his eyes, sitting on the bed and pulling Youngjae onto his lap.

"Does it hurt?" He asked, rubbing at the sore spot, while the child sobbed and nodded his head. Jaebum sighed. "Stop crying now. You're a big boy, aren't you?" Youngjae then took a deep breath and wiped his tears. Jaebum placed him down and stood up. "Let's go and look what papa made for breakfast." 

"Daddy, daddy, daddy!" Jaebum looked down and saw Youngjae extended his hands towards him, asking silently for Jaebum to pick him up. He bent down and gathered the child in his arms, the middle son immediately placed his head on his daddy's shoulder. Jaebum wondered why his sons were being so clingy today. 

As they walked into the kitchen, they saw Bambam and Yugyeom were already seated on their baby seats, and Jackson was swinging his legs back and forth on his chair. Jinyoung was scrambling some eggs with spinach and cheese, humming Pororo's theme song, Jackson's favourite. Jaebum lowered Youngjae to his baby seat, but Youngjae screamed and lifted up his legs, gripping tighter to Jaebum's neck.

"Why, why? What's wrong?" Jinyoung turned around, lifting an eyebrow to Jaebum. Jaebum did the same to Jinyoung, also not knowing what went wrong. Jinyoung quickly caught that Jaebum was trying to put Youngjae to his baby seat, letting out an "Ahh~" and chuckled. He walked over and handed Jaebum the spatula, taking Youngjae from the elder's arms. He then put Youngjae on the chair at the dining table.

"Youngjae doesn't like sitting in his baby seat anymore. He prefers sitting on the 'big boys chair', as he put it." 

Jaebum rubbed his temple. "You're an angel, you know that?"

Jinyoung smiled. "Yeah, I know."

Mark then came running to the kitchen, all prepared for school that day and sat on his chair. Jinyoung distributed breakfast (toast with scramble eggs) to the kids and to Jaebum, sitting down at his place when he's done. They began eating at once, with Jackson not-so-discreetly stealing eggs from Mark and Jaebum placing some more food on Jinyoung's plate. Jinyoung smiled, eyes-crinkling and pecked Jaebum's lips. "Thank you, love."