Original dog

Breed inspired

She felt his hand on her shoulder nudging her to stay. Then before opening to protest, he cupped her cheeks and gently brushed his lips against hers. It was only for a moment but it was enough to cause a content sigh to escape .

“What’s making you so happy?” she heard him ask.

She lift her eyes to look at him, his hand was on her shoulder. 

Wow I should really do something about my daydreaming, she thought to herself.

“Listen, how about we go and hang out at your house for a while? I’ll cook!’

“Sold! Let’s go!” she saw him smiling from ear to ear. He knew her too well.

                                                                                                          ………………….

They were back to her apartment and Henry had soon made himself comfortable.

“Hey! I thought you said you’ll cook, but all you have been doing for the past twenty minutes is playing with your phone!” she complained.

“I’m not playing; I’m reading fans’ comments.”

“Do they wanna go on a date with you or something?”

“Are you jealous Amber?”

“Are you going to cook?”

“Okay, okay, I’m on it!” he fled to the kitchen.

A few minutes later, the smells brought Amber to the same room to inspect the whole process. Marching forward she caught herself thinking just how good this guy was with his hands.

Playing music, cooking....she had to clutch her fists. Bad llama, stop making dirty thoughts she repeated in her mind. She then shook her head from left to right to make all of the unnecessary thoughts disappear.

“It smells nice. Do you need help with anything?” she asked to distract herself, while standing right behind him.

Henry jumped a little as it seemed like he hadn’t noticed her presence up to that point. Then he turned his head to look at her.

“Yeah, I do need some help.” he said and reached for her hands wrapping them around his waist. It took her a second to remove them, which prompt Henry to grab them just in time again, and secure them in place.

“Do you need any real help? She emphasized while freeing herself urgently. Her heartbeat was going crazy again. She hated him for that, but without hating him at all.

“I think the sauce is coming out right.” he announced and proceeded to use one finger to get a taste from the pan directly.

“Eww you’re so nasty!”

“Here you have a taste too!” he said dipping his finger again and getting dangerously close to her.

“Seriously, nasty! Go away!” she cried and ran away landing herself on the nearest couch.

“I’ll just sit here quietly till you finish.”

 He joined her soon afterwards, bringing their dinner along with him.

“What are you watching?

She turned her attention to him, but chose to focus mostly on the plates he was holding.

“Is this that female rappers show, you keep talking about lately?”

“Yes Henry. I just don’t get how you never get into tv programmes at all!”

“It’s not my thing.”

“Right.”

 “So are you gonna tell me how song writing’s been going for you?”

“Hmm..”

“Amber!”

“It’s fine.”

“Elaborate.”

“You’re not gonna let me watch this, are you?”

“Nah.”

“It’s better these days. I got my inspiration back.”

“Are we talking about the fun song you had mentioned?

“No, I’m working on a love song now.”

“And you got inspired for that?”

“Yes, I did actually.”

“Cause of..?”

Cause of..?” she was mimicking him again.

“It’s okay if you don’t wanna tell me.”

“It’s nothing. I just thought of the time when I was in LA, my first love and all.

“Ah..your first love.”

She sensed disappointment in his voice.

“I’ll do the dishes!” she suddenly told him.

 He jumped out of the couch, "I'll help!"

“You at cleaning and it’s getting late.”

“Right.." he said while scratching the back of his head.

"So see you tomorrow? Same time, same place?”

“It’s not a date Henry.”

“I’ll be there!” he added, as if he hadn’t heard her last comment.

“I won’t.”

“She had started cleaning thinking he was gone, when she suddenly felt his body pressed up against hers. He was back hugging her gently.

“Dammit Henry! What the-“

“Goodnight!” he shouted before closing the door behind him.

Amber had to support herself on the counter after he had turned her legs into jelly like that. These were the times she was aching to confess. When he was being so forward, so obvious too. But how could she? How could she do that, when she had seen him act exactly the same with other girls around her?

In front of her.

And so she had to push him away when all she wanted to do, was to return each and every little gesture of his. To wrap her arms around him and show him how deeply she loved him. To let him get just a tiny, little taste of her emotions. She was so scared to let him know it all. He should never know it all. It would petrify him to understand the magnitude of her feelings. Sometimes when she was lying in her bed at night, she would catch herself wishing she could stop feeling that way. Cause it hurt her too much. It was making her feel alive but it was also giving her real physical pain in her chest. She was surprised at how her heart could even take it. Racing so fast-so often, was that even normal?

Thoughts like that were torturing her day after day. And he was just standing there, being Henry and all.

                                                                                                   …………………………..

 

 

The next morning Henry was at the company when he bumped into Krystal.

“Hey Henry.”

“Hey! You’re leaving?”

“Yeah we finished practice. Amber’s in the recording room.”

“Ah yes, the love song.”

“The Hachiko song” she laughed.

Henry's expression suddenly got grave. Krystal caught on it and tried to get him to think of something else as a reflex.

“So you’re going home now?” Had she made mistake? Why did he seem so affected by what she had just said?

“What do you mean, “the Hachiko song?” he asked ignoring her previous question. "Is she writing a song for that dog character?"

Krystal knew by then that she had really made a mistake. “Erm I’m not really sure, I think she composes something different today” she replied nervously. “Why don’t you go to check on her?”

“I’ll see her later.”

“Erm okay, so I’ll see you later as well.” she had to get out there, before he could ask her of more things.

“Yes, okay, see you later.”

"So when Amber said don't tell too many people about it, she probably meant don't tell Henry." Krystal thought while distancing herself. The whole event made her feel a sense of panic but also accomplishment at the same time. She didn’t mean to, but maybe she had pushed those two into something.

                                                                                                      ………………………..

 

Later that day, Henry went early to their meeting spot and spent some time thinking. It had been more than a year. Was she really doing what he thought she was doing?

 

“Are you crying?”

“You’re crying too, so shut up!” Amber replied.

“I’m not crying, I’m a man!” Henry announced full of pride.

She turned to smack him but suddenly stopped herself.

“Aigoo, our Henry bawled his eyes out. I bet you look worse than I do right now!” she teased.

“Whose idea was to see "Hachiko"?”

“Ailee’s..she said it’s sweet and adorable that prankster!”

“She forgot to mention heartbreaking!”

“So your heart broke, Mr. I’m a man!”

Henry pouted at her and she stood there fixing up her gaze on him for a moment.

“You’re just like Hachiko! Come I’ll pet you!”

“But I thought I was Snoopy!”

“You evolved into Hachiko.”

“No I didn’t! Not everything’s about Pokemon, Amber!”

“You don’t really mean that!” she laughed and got up.

“Come on, your master’s back. Run after me!”

“I should run towards you then!”

“No, you do as I say!”

 

Henry bit his bottom lip and smiled a little. The moment was still echoing in his head. Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted as soon as he saw Amber approaching from afar. He remembered to change his expression.

 

Author's note: So it seems like this poor excuse for a fic's gonna have three chapters. Enjoy!!:D