4. How to relax and have fun around people while you are trying to calm a panic attack

Good Neighbors

How to relax and have fun around people while you are trying to calm a panic attack.

 

 

 

 

 

(UNKNOWN NUMBER)

hey wanna come hang out

(ME)

Who’s this?

(UNKNOWN NUMBER)

jeongmin

(ME)

How did you get my number?!

(UNKNOWN NUMBER)

you know that sweet old lady frm 7b she knows everything abt everyone

(ME)

Oh my god…

(UNKNOWN NUMBER)

yea shes pretty cool

we drink soju n eat cookies together sometimes

so wanna come

(ME)

I’m studying, I have a test tomorrow…

(UNKNOWN NUMBER)

awwww man L

well then good luck

 

And that was proceeded by at least three more messages, all of them were just tons of thumbs up, clovers and star emojis.  This was the first time someone that was not his mom or any classmate asking for notes messaged him.

He felt something mushy inside his chest, but decided to ignore it for the sake of his marks, as he threw his phone on his bed.

Not now Satan, not now.

 

                                    

 

Minwoo was laying on his bed after eating his double cream Mocca Frappuchino and blueberry muffin (well… more like forcing down his throat. After only half of it he had become full, but it was just so good!), and was ready for a de-stressing nap.

Today he had had his Contract midterm, and was very happy about how he did. It was your plain three-essay-question test, and you had to write a minimum of half a sheet per answer… And he had ended up writing four and half. Four and half! And he didn’t bull anything; he was not the type to do that. The teacher even asked for his name when he went to hand it in, and had looked very impressed.

And aside all of that, he only had one midterm left and then, at least for two months, zero pressure!

He stretched on his bed and took his phone to charge it. It was… 5:17, according to it; so he could nap for an hour maybe? And then start reviewing his notes for Friday’s test (because what else could he do?).

While he was in bed, he took a couple selfies and chose the best one to upload later on his Instagram. He played with the filters a bit, until he got bored, and finally, finally fell asleep.

Boom, boom, boom.

Hmm?

Boom, boom, boom.

Where’s that noise coming from?

Boom, boom, boom.

Is it that cat’s meowing? The one that’s walking the old lady in the pretty pink coat? Is it talking to him?

Boom, boom, boom.

Wait, cat’s don’t meow like that…

Boom, boom, boom.

With a sudden flinch, Minwoo finally woke up from his dream.  For a second, he thought he was still asleep, as the alien sound kept rumbling from his roof. He rubbed his ey-…

Wait, wait. From his roof? A weird sound? Minwoo let his hearing go for more.

Hey… That was not a sound….

It was music! Coming from his roof! Jeongmin was listening music again!

He rushed to the door, put on his shoes without his socks and ran the twenty four stairs that took to get to the upper floor. Anxiously, he knocked the door three times, and rang the bell twice. But as he waited, he realized something.

What… what the hell am I here for?

Before he could make up an excuse, the door was opened.

“Heey!”, a brilliant looking Jeongmin said, a big smile adorning his face, “Come in, come in! I just opened a bottle of soju!”

Before he could say anything, he was rushed inside. The music sounded really different in the house. Even though the sound was loud and clear, it didn’t daze him like in restaurants or stores. It was like it traveled through the whole house, expanding; the bass of the jazzy music vibrating slightly in his chest. 

Minwoo couldn’t help to let his eyes roam the place quickly, and saw how everything was way more organized than what he was used to; no unmatching furniture, no rests of food or cans anywhere in sight. The only things out of place were a couple of paper sheets, a pencil, a guitar that he guessed Jeongmin had been using until he got there, and sure enough, a fresh bottle of soju.

What before had felt like cold, empty walls, now felt like bright and fresh white. The place seemed energizing. It was amazing how the mood of the owner could completely change the feel of a room.

“Uhmm...”, he mumbled, as he saw the shorter guy swagger to the soft couch fall on it.

“Come on,”, he said, as he served himself a small drink, “get yourself a glass and come here. They are on the left top shelf.”

Minwoo awkwardly looked back at the kitchen, while deciding if he should follow what he said, or he should just leave. Somehow, it was like the first time he met him all again. Maybe because this Jeongmin seemed so different from the one he’d met before. Tidier, more positive. The bags under his eyes had disappeared; his skin was clearer, and his hair, done. Not to mention his lack of pajamas or robe, but instead a tidy white sweater with black stamps that had been rolled up until his elbows, a blue charm hanging from a long necklace and some black baggy shorts.

He felt his head starting to bob to the sound, and as he stopped himself from doing that a lightbulb lighted up in his mind.

“Actually,” he said with a little snark, “I’m here to state some rules.”

Jeongmin raised his eyebrows and blinked twice before letting a hearty laugh out. “Rules?”

“Mm!”, he nodded, “About the music.”

Jeongmin reaccomodated himself against the back of the couch, his chin falling on the cushion in a way that reminded Minwoo of a puppy. “Okay… Shoot.”

“First! The volume; it’s too loud.”

“What? It’s not!”

“Well, it booms on my roof and it doesn’t let me do my homework, so yeah, it is.”

“Aish!”, the pink hair disappeared from his sight, as the guy plopped back on the couch in annoyance. ‘Childish.’

“Secondly!”

“What, there’s more?!”

“Of course. You just can’t hear music so loud for so long! This isn’t even only for me; it can’t be good for your ears either! You’ll go deaf!”

“Aigo… Who are you, my mom?”

“So, the time restriction is from eight to eleven thirty. You can’t hear music this loud outside those hours.” Minwoo gave a second thought to that. Okay, maybe he was being too harsh. The guy was still a stranger. “Well, okay, I guess in the mornings you can too… Just, not when I’m around, okay?”

“What, but how will I know when you are here? Aish…”, his hands ran up and down his face, rubbing it, and Minwoo noticed the lack of the ring on it. So he had actually stuck to what he told him, huh?  After a few seconds, he sat up. “Okay, if I say yes, will you stay for a few drinks?”

Minwoo mentally groaned. “Why the hell are you so insistent on that?”

Jeongmin’s face split in a huge smile, “Because you get so pissed off about it.”

Minwoo's head whipped back to him, indeed pissed off… But for a few seconds, all he could do was stare into those sharp, smiling eyes, feeling the strange tension of a challenge and something else he quite couldn’t put his finger on.

Something… different.

Something… strange?

He couldn’t stand it anymore.

“A-anyway, I can’t stay. I have my last midterm on Friday, and I need to study for it.”

“Oh, right. Midterms.”, the shorter stood up and took the lead towards the door. “The last one, huh?”

“Yeah…”, his feet dragged him next to him, as he opened the door.

“Okay, tell you this. To make it up for this, I’ll throw you a party on Friday night. How does that sound?” Minwoo wasn’t sure who was going to make it up for whom.

“What? No!”, he squeaked, before he could even stop himself.

“Why not? Hey…”, he suddenly felt his hand on his shoulder, shaking him a little, “Why are you so afraid of having fun, Minwoo?”

And for a second time, he made the mistake to find his eyes as he looked up.

He felt the same sparks as before, and while a huge part of him told him to flee, to run away to the safety of his loneliness, the other argued to stay right there where he was. Whatever this was, he was not going to back out; he refused to back out, but…

The intensity of Jeongmin’s stare was killing him.

“I’m… not afraid of fun… I-I just have to pass my exams…”, his hands were desperate to have something to play with, as he felt his anxiety rushing inside of him for some reason.

“Well, on Friday you’ll be done with that. So you’ll be able to come to my party, won’t you?”

There was this strange… difference on his voice too, Minwoo had just noticed. It sounded lighter and stronger at the same time, as if always the next thing he was about to say was something you’d want to hear.  A perfect voice to be the center of a party, tell stories, or convince people. A voice that made every word he said the most interesting word ever. A voice that made you want to listen to it all the time.

“Yeah…”, his mouth replied automatically.

“Great, then.”, the smile on his lips returned to its full size, “I’ll see you around.”

“Yeah, see you…”

He felt his legs on automatic, as he left the door, walked down the stairs, and entered his own department.

Minwoo was sure about only one thing after that night; that guy couldn’t be human, he had to be something else. Jeongmin had to be a wizard. Yeah. That was the only explanation.

 

                                    

 

Something really, really bad happened on Thursday’s afternoon. Really, really bad.

Minwoo had been revising the list where he had written down all the things that he had to study for the test, and checking them if he had already studied them. Of course, this was just a silly habit, he was the type of guy that had everything in control, the type of guy that was so organized that it was nearly impossible for him to forget to study someth-

Wait, what was that?

Random contracts, it said, neatly written in his own handwriting,

‘Random contracts?! What’s this?!’

Try to guess what’s the worst thing that could happen to a guy like him.

Yes, you are right. Forgetting to study something.

Minwoo felt himself freak out. ‘Oh no, oh no...’, his mind chanted, as he was quickly going through his photocopies, trying to find the damned random contracts. ‘Oh god, why?!’

After inspecting all of his papers for what it felt like a century, he found what he was supposed to study, but had forgotten. ing random contracts was three chapters long, and the brunette was this close to have an attack.

‘No, calm down, calm down… You can do this, Minwoo, you can do this.’, he told himself. He took some deep breaths; in… And out… In… And out…  until he felt himself in control again. He sat his on the chair, and without further ado, the reading began.

The boy was just starting to resume the first chapter, when the clock hit the eight o clock and cue on time, music began sounding from upstairs.

Minwoo groaned, this was exactly what he did not need right now.

He tried to get back to the studying, he really tried. But the soft house music coming from his roof only helped to make his mind drift to him. Was he writing right now? Playing the guitar along with the music?

No!

‘Minwoo, focus!’

Without giving it a second thought, he whipped out his phone, and sent a quick message.

 

(ME)

can you please please not play music tonight?

pretty pretty please its just for tonight

 

Not even ten seconds later, the sound was gone.

 

(Neighbour Jeongmin)

man is everything ok??

(ME)

Yes! thank you

 

After a few seconds of consideration, he felt sort of guilty for some reason. So, he added:

(ME)

Ill tell you tomorrow at your party

Thanks again see you

 

To that, the only reply was a lot of emojis.

And that’s how he went back to his study.

And how he went to sleep at 4:30 a.m.

And how he woke up at 6:30, because his exam was at 7:30.

But! He was fueled with the blackest coffee poured into a venti Starbucks cup, and it somehow made him write almost three doble-faced pages in the short span of 30 minutes. Which were the answers to only two of the questions, the first part of the exam. The second part of the exam consisted in a multiple choice, whose main topic was… Guess what. Yes, Random Contracts.

And he was able to complete the fifteen questions in a quick pace, trying not to think too much on the answers, because he knew that the more you thought on that type of tests, the more you’d doubt yourself.

And lastly, the third part of the test consisted on skimming over a small contract and finding at least five mistakes on it, so it was pretty fun.

So, a bit over an hour later, he was walking out the classroom, a small sense of victory growing inside of him, as he tried not to faint on the way back home. He had not eaten, not slept and he had been on the verge of a breakdown for almost 20 hours, so it was understandable for his body to want to just give up in the first place he could find.

But he had done it. He was able to complete the test without bullting. His last midterm.

All the stress he had accumulated suddenly melted away as soon as he entered his flat.

He quietly took off his shoes and socks and cleaned his feet, feeling a bit like a zombie, a happy, dopey zombie. But even before he had taken off his sweater, he passed out on his bed.

His blankets never felt softer.

 

                                    

 

Hours later, he was woken up by his own stomach. It was rumbling, rumbling so hard that at first he thought it had started raining outside. But as soon as he sat up on his bed, an extreme hunger downed on him, making his stomach churn in pain. That was his own body reprimanding him for only eating some rice cookies he had had laying around last night.

He grimaced, as he stood up. What time was it anyway?

What?! Five thirty already!?! He had slept for almost nine hours!

Wow…

He walked to his fridge as he checked the notifications from his phone. The usual quantity of likes on Instagram, his mom asking how had he done in the exam (he was lucky he didn’t tell her the time of the exam, she would have freaked out when her son wouldn’t had answered to her for so long), and question mark signs from Jeongmin, which he had decided to ignore.

Oh, right, the party, he still had to go there.

He tried to fish for some food and found that all he had was a chicken sandwich he had bought two days ago in Starbucks, but he decided it would have to do for now.

So, he sat on the table and while he was eating, he began mentally reviewing the exam.

Which had been, per se, a very, very bad decision.

Aand now he was freaking out because he was absolutely sure he had failed the multiple choice. Yep, 100% sure. There was no way he was going to pass the goddamn exam.

He suddenly felt like he was going to puke, so he decided to leave the rest of the sandwich back in the fridge and go get changed, so he could get the damn party over already. He felt the headache starting to attack him, and decided that he would stay one hour top. He was not in the mood for being around a lot of potentially drunk people, listening to dumb conversations and ear-piercing music. Actually, he was only in the mood to curl in his bed and never ever ever get out of it again, like the failure he was.

Ten minutes later, he was walking out of his place in a white shirt, a black cardigan and some knee length shorts. He had done his hair and put on a white cap with a red heart in the middle of it, and took a couple selcas. Then, he left it on his bed. It was a cute cap, but way too childish.

“Stressed, but well dressed. Have a nice weekend, everyone~!”, he captioned the one he posted on his Instagram account.

And with heavy steps, he found himself once again, in front of the shiny 5B letters on that door, wanting the evening to end even before it even started.

Riiing-

Only for it to be opened by a totally different guy.

Minwoo's eyes climbed up his height, which was higher than his own. At the top, a pair of big, confused eyes were staring at him, a head full of reddish hair slightly tilted to the side. But wait… He knew this guy…

“Um… Hello?”

This guy was the weird kid from his Economy class!

“Minwoo-yah! Get in already!”, Jeongmin’s faint voice was heard from the living-room, followed by his loud, hearty laugh.

‘Minwoo-yah?’

He hurried inside, not breaking eye contact with the guy, as if an unspoken stare contest was going on. He looked slightly different somehow... Maybe it was the hair? He remembered he had had black spiky hair, but now it was all flat. And maybe he had gained weight? He remembered his cheeks being more hollow…

“Wait”, Jeongmin’s voice sounded again, getting him out of his thoughts and making his eyes finally divert, “Get some fries from the kitchen before coming!”

“Okay!”, he decided to oblige himself to walk around as if he was on his own house, trying to look as comfortable as he could. He wasn’t about to show weakness in front of that guy now, not ever.

As he entered to the kitchen, he saw a pile of unopened snacks on the island, so he went for them;  but then noticed another tall figure messing around with a pizza cutter. The figure noticed him, and turned.

“Hey…-Heeeeey!”, the figure opened his big eyes in recognition, and Minwoo's face fell. “I know you!”          

It was the same guy. The same. His Economy’s class weird kid. But now his hair was black and spiked again?! He had seen him not even ten seconds ago, and it was red!!

“Oh god.”

Minwoo felt himself falling against the counter and his hands went to his forehead, rubbing furiously. He looked up again for a second, and regretted it instantly. Now there were two of the same tall figures looking at him.

Okay. That’s it. Stress had finally gotten to his brain. No going back.

“Hyung! I think Kwangmin broke your neighbor!”

“He’s lying! I did nothing!”

 

Ten minutes later, he was sitting, surrounded by people he mostly didn’t know.

So, turns out he wasn’t insane. They were twins.

“You know, the cousins I mentioned?”, Jeongmin had said. “It’s them!”

The one that went to classes with him was Kwangmin. He seemed a bit odd, sometimes laughing out of nowhere, sometimes adding random commentaries to the conversations. And over all, he seemed like he was always in a good mood. Just exactly the way he was in class, but strengthened by the fact that he outside the classroom. He mentioned he was studying Graphic Design, but actually wanted to draw manhwa for a living.

Youngmin was the older twin, despite his younger looking face. He seemed more mature, though, and more reserved. He did have a loud laugh, just like his brother, but it was reserved to when he actually found something funny; and he didn’t speak nearly as much as him. Although he always had a smile on his lips. He was studying Business Administration, and seemed content with that, even though he didn’t talk a lot about it.

Both twins had small noses and high cheekbones, and huge, huge eyes compared to his cousin. But their skin tone, that pale cinnamon, was definitely the same. There was something similar in their jaws, as well, but Minwoo couldn’t exactly point out what. He wondered if under the hair dye, their hair colours were the same, as well. They were handsome, but there was some sort of… innocence in their faces, that his cousin lacked of.

However, the twins were freakishly tall and lean. Minwoo secretly hated them for that for a minute or two.

Besides those two and the pink-haired, there was another guy at the… party (it was more like a gathering, but hey, he was not about to complain. This was much better and stand-able): Jeongmin’s best friend since he was eight, Hyunseong.

The first thing Minwoo noticed about him (well, the second; the first was his platinum blonde hair) was how manly he looked. With a square jaw and thick eyebrows, he seemed way older than the rest; even though he was only a year older than Jeongmin. He seemed to be really fit, with biceps that stood out even more than they should thanks to the white sleeveless shirt he was wearing, and he looked kind of menacing. Like a guy you wouldn’t want to mess with.

Well, that was until he opened his mouth. As soon as he talked, Minwoo realized that this guy couldn’t hurt a fly even if he tried. In the privacy of his mind, Minwoo found this contrast kind of adorable and out-throwing.

So, pizza and snacks all around, beer can in every hand (well, except for Minwoo's, his was Sprite), they were listening to the pink haired.

“But then his feet got stuck in the cake! So Youngmin and I were freaking out, the bell was still ringing, and Kwangmin was about to cry because of the blue worms.”

Minwoo took another sip, as he followed Jeongmin’s hands, that were gesticulating along his story.  He, along with his classmate and his neighbor in the middle, in the black sofa, and the other twin and Hyunseong in the armchairs that were on each side of it.

“And I was like ‘let’s go hide in the play-room!’ but Youngmin was being annoying because If Kwangmin followed us, he was going to leave cake all over the living-room.”

“I didn’t want to get us in more problems...”

“So I was like ‘then Kwangmin can stay…’ ’”, he smiled sheepishly.

“Yaaah, hyung, you were going to leave me there!”, Kwangmin’s hands went to his cousin’s upper-leg, and he rubbed on it as he whined, his deep, crackly voice turning somewhat cute. “So mean!”

Even though Minwoo was trying to pay attention to the story, there was something that had been bothering him…

Jeongmin just replied to his cousin with half a mischievous smile. “But Youngmin didn’t want to leave his twin behind, like a good brother… And then their dog came in running, and tackled him to the floor. Right on the cake!”

Youngmin groaned from the arm chair as he remembered, and Kwangmin let his forehead bury itself on Jeongmin’s shoulder, as he kept on making whiny noises.

He didn’t exactly know what it was about the younger twin…

“His white tux was all dirty with chocolate! And mom entered with the rest of the guest’s kids, and what was the first thing she blurted out? ‘Aw, honey, weren’t you able to hold it again?’ ”, and he exploded in loud laughs. Minwoo didn’t find the story that funny, but his made him laugh along.

“And the little kids called me ‘poopy twin’ all day long~ All because of you, hyung!”, Minwoo saw a hidden smile in his voice while the guy shook the shorter’s shoulders.

He couldn’t point it out quite well yet…

“Yah, wasn’t that the day we met Hyunseong hyung?”, the older twin said.

“Yeah, but I’ve always thought they were calling Kwangmin ‘puppy twin’! It makes more sense now.”, the blonde sipped empty the rest of his can.

“Well, now you know.”

“Yah, you still gotta make it up for me!”, he suddenly raised his head, as his arms demandingly s around Jeongmin’s .

Youngmin drank more of his beer as he turned to the window’s view.

“Until when are you gonna keep using that as an excuse to make me take you to the amusement park?”

“Come on, hyung!”, he pressed on, to which Jeongmin just faked a groan.

“Ahhh, the amusement park! It’s been so long since I last went. We should go next weekend!”, Hyunseong intervened.

“Hey, we totally should!”, he agreed, “Minwoo, you should come with us!”

“Yeah, he totally should!”, the oldest nodded.

“Yeah…”, the younger twin added. Youngmin just added a light hum of agreement, seemingly distracted with his phone now.

Ah, but what had been that in Kwangmin’s eyes when he looked at Minwoo?

Wait, was it… annoyment?

There was a weird silence that lasted until Jeongmin finished his can and opened a new one. But what he said next made Minwoo wish the silence had lasted more.

“Hey, Minwoo had his last midterm today! How did that go?”

Suddenly, he felt his stomach twist on itself. Oh no, why did he have to talk about that? Why did he have to mention the one thing he was trying to forget? That exam. That ing exam he was going to ing fail all because of his ing stupidness. God, why did he even tried? What was wrong with him? All the worry he had felt back at his apartment came back to punch him in the form of nausea, and he felt a ring of pressure around his head starting to pain him. The difference was that back then, his stomach had been empty, unlike now.

“W-whoa, are you okay?”

“Hey, he looks kinda pale!”

“What…?”

He felt someone’s hand on his knee, but before he could answer, he stood up and ran right towards the bathroom.

He felt the vomit climbing up his throat, and his mouth filling up with spit. His stomach wouldn’t stop churning, when did he sit on the floor? Before he realized about it, he was on his knees, arms hugging the toilet, breath hitched. His body was more ready than his mind was, because he was fighting to keep it in. He couldn’t let himself throw up in someone else’s house, absolutely not.

That thought made his stomach swirl once again. At least the cold of the ceramic was comforting.

Suddenly, a knock was heard.

“Hey…”, he heard Jeongmin’s voice, “Minwoo, are you okay?”

Minwoo wanted to roll his eyes. Of course he wasn’t. But he was too focused on controlling his breath, and making his throat empty again. In, out, in, out.

“Minwoo?”

He swallowed with disgust, before managing a weak “N-no…”.

“What’s wrong?”

He felt the vomit build up again, and he shut his eyes with force, trying to focus again on making it go down.

“I’m coming in.”

He heard the door open, and soon he saw a pair of legs scrunched next to him. A strong hand began rubbing up and down his back, and he heard the pink-haired’s voice telling him to breathe deep from his mouth. Part of him was afraid that he’d throw up if he opened it, but there was something reassuring in the touch, so he obliged.

After some minutes, he felt his stomach calm down. His hands slipped down from the cold ceramic, and he felt the air coming in and out at a normal rate again.

A few minutes went by in silence, a patient silence.

“So…”, Minwoo turned his head to the voice, and he saw that the other guy was sitting leg-crossed next to him. His voice was soft and low now, and again, this was a new voice of him, “I guess it didn’t go too well?”

And it was as if Jeongmin had opened a dam. Minwoo began blurting out all of it; his exhaustion, how little had he slept, how much of an idiot he was for preparing so much in vain, only to forget at last time an important topic. All the times he had went over his notes, and how carefully he had heard every class. He told him how much he had organized himself not to suffer this and here he was. If with all that effort he couldn’t even pass a test, what was left for him? He was going to fail at life.

At that point, he was stopped.

“Hey, hey, that’s not true…”, his voice took that nagging tone that Minwoo was starting to learn to recognize, “Fail an exam? Okay, that’s a probability. But fail at life? Isn’t that too harsh?”

“No, because…”

“No, listen to me. Look, we all fail at least one exam or two. Hell, I’ve failed more than I can remember! But that’s not the end of the world. An exam is an exam, only that.”, he felt Jeongmin’s arm passing over his shoulders, squeezing him a little, “You can retake it, can’t you?”

“Yeah, but…”

“And you are not even sure you failed it.”

“Yes, I am.”

“No you’re not. You said you answered all of it, right? And you even studied what you had forgotten.”, he sounded condescending.

“Well… Yeah…”

“So, that’s it. if you passed it, you passed it. And if you failed, you just retake it.”

Weirdly, that logic made him feel more at ease. He wasn’t… completely calm, of course not. But there was something in Jeongmin’s words that felt… true. He couldn’t question them, because he was right.

“You don’t have to be the very best, you know. B’s and C’s still mean you passed.”

Minwoo felt his head nod, as he took in a deep breath. He felt calmer now, way calmer than he had been before.

“So, wanna go back? Or you still wanna launch your pizza out of your guts?”

“Eugh!”, Minwoo made a disgusted face, and stood up, as he heard Jeongmin laugh in the background.

He walked next to the older to the living-room again, where everyone was still sitting on their places; he somehow felt like a small child, being accompanied by his parents after being calmed down from a tantrum. He had to fight all the way with the red that his cheeks wanted to take, and when he sat down, he felt everyone avoiding his eyes at all cost. Kwangmin was on his phone, Youngmin was staring intently at some point in the carpet, and Hyunseong was just focused on the can he had between hands.

“Listen guys, I’m sor-“

But before he could even finish, he was interrupted.

“Hey, anyone up to DDR?!”, Jeongmin’s loud voice was back and at its full force, and it was followed by a chorus of ‘yeahs’ and ‘hell yeahs’.

 

It was around… 12:30? 1 A.M.? When everyone decided to start leaving. The younger twin’s, Kwangmin’s words were starting to get slurry, and the oldest had been arguing with his girlfriend via text message for an hour now. Hyunseong had offered to drive them both to their houses.

Minwoo covered a yawn with his hand, as he walked to the door, replying to the goodbyes that were starting to get lost in the echo of the stairs being walked down.

“Hey, are you sure you are okay now?”, he turned to a pair of worried, sharp eyes looking at him intently and he felt his hand on his shoulder, but it didn’t startle him. He was starting to get used to that, too.

“Yeah…”, he replied, and surprised himself with the honesty in his words.

“I’m glad.”, he felt him pressing, as he saw a content, sincere smile growing on his lips.

He felt something fluttering in his chest.

Wait, what was that?!

“I-Uh, I had fun today. I mean, even with the incident and all.”, he felt his mouth moving before his mind, “It was fun.”

“See? I told you!”,  his hand fell, only to raise up again in arrogance, “I’m a fun person to hang around.”

Minwoo wanted to throw a snarky remark to that, but couldn’t make himself do it. He had been much more than just ‘fun’ tonight, so he’d let him have that today.

“Whatever.”, and even though he tried not to, he replied with a smile of his own.

Jeongmin rolled his eyes, still smiling, “Hey, come hang out more, okay? You are fun, too”.

He was… fun?

“…”, Minwoo just walked out, a bit surprised. It was the first time someone called him… ‘fun’. “Um, yeah! I will. I promise.”, and his pinky finger automatically went up. Ugh, what? Minwoo, how old are you!?

But before he could let it down, it was caught by another pinky finger.

“I’m taking it, okay?”

He felt the fluttering thing again and he instantly unhooked it, and threw a ‘Goodnight!’ before running down the stairs faster than he should have.

 

                                    

 

The following day, he was having lunch when a notification made his phone sound. He left his sandwich aside when he saw that his mark had already been posted, and he quickly entered the app, before he could regret it.

As soon as he saw it, his eyes went huge and a big, relieved laugh erupted from his lips. He opened the message app without a second thought.

 

 (ME)

I got an A+!!!!!!!!

On my test!!!!

 

“WOOHOOO!”,

Bang, bang, bang!

 “YAH! CONGRATULATIONS!!” Jeongmin’s loud voice getting to his ears, the cheers being heard from his roof.

Minwoo let out another loud laugh, as he yelled, “DON’T DO THAT!!”, which was only followed by his neighbor even louder one.

 

(ME)

Lets go eat, its my treat!

 

“YEAAAH!”

(ME)

And stop yelling! The neighbors will complain!

 

Jeongmin laughed again, and he sound felt like music to his ears.

And just then he realized what the fluttering thing was. It was his heart.


 

Fluffy ending, BAM. 

How are you all??? Sigh, please don't hate me. I never seem to be able to last less than a month to finish a chapter ;_;. Okay, let's put myself a deadline: in three weeks from today i'll do my best to post the new chapter. So, around the 1st of april? (How scary, april already.)

Did you guys watch the NicoNico broadcast? And the AWA? I had soooo much fun, I've really expecting Boyfriend's japanese activities, i just love them sooooo much! Also, a new japanese CD around the beginning of summer? Can I get a hell yeah?

Anyway

Hey.... i see yall new subscribers. Thank you so much for that, and for wanting to keep putting up with my body-less writing x))) (does anyone have tips for that? or am i the only one that feels like my writing is sort of body-less? like all thrown up together?) Besides that, wowwwww, so many views somehow???? Thank you guys it really really means a lot, and it really helps me push through my slackiness to get the writing done. 

aLSO, cheers to fishykevinwoo for guessing it right!! YEAH IT WAS THE TWINS!! i was too obvious though, right? hahahahaha. still, im holding up a glas of champagne in your honor, even though you cant see it. good job, friend x))

Well, ill be leaving for now, it's 12:30 am and tomorrow i got college x((( funny how im writing a college AU even though i SUFFER from it. well, i did make minwoo take classes later than mine, so that's probably why. i'm projecting my desired schedule on him. and the one i actually have on jeongmin LMAO. 

oh, by the way, do you guys think i should put a trigger warning on the top of this chapter, because of mw's breakdown? i'm kind of unfazable so i wouldn't know if it's too hard :/

Anyway, see you all in the next chapter!! Bye for now!

piuxel~

pd: can any of you guess what made minwoo a little suspicious back there, in jeongmin's house? ;)

pd2: someday i have to make myself time to edit all the chapters in the same format. that day is not today.