Chapter 34

Maybe It Is Love

The corridor was buzzing with noise as the students were coming out of their classes. The school was over and everybody wanted to go home and rest. But just like the previous few days, most of the students stopped and waited for a scene that had become a common occurrence since that day.

 

They gossiped among themselves, whispering in hushed voices about the matter they were all curious about.

 

Heads turned and whispering voices stopped as the expected two males walked out together, holding hands tightly as they walked next to each other, talking to each other with sweet smiles hanging on their lips.

 

Lee Hyukjae and Lee Donghae.

 

The new hot topic of the school. The unexpected couple was formed out of the blue, shocking every student.

 

As the couple walked out of sight, the students started whispering again.

 

“They seem so in love. How can this possibly be fake?”

 

“But Eunhyuk is straight, right? How can they be really together when we all know that he never even looked at any boy before?”

 

“I’m really curious to know what happened. This happened all of a sudden. We always saw them quarreling with each other like they were sworn enemies. And now?” the girl sighed.

 

This time, another girl who had been only listening to her friends all this time without talking, sighed dreamily, “Did you ever notice how Donghae looked so jealous whenever Eunhyuk flirted with a girl in front of him? I’ve always been suspicious that he might have feelings for Eunhyuk. And maybe Eunhyuk has fallen for him too.”

 

“What?” the other girls gaped at her. 

 

But she just smiled dreamily, thinking about her new favorite couple in the school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Can we go to my rooftop apartment before going home, please? There’s a few things I need to pick up from there and I still haven’t told the landlord that I’m moving out,” Donghae said when they were inside Eunhyuk’s car.

 

“Okay, but remember that we are never going back to that place again after today. Because now, you’re bound to me,” Eunhyuk replied with a smile and then shook his head, “But we can only do that when you tie your seatbelt.”

 

Donghae blushed and smiled sheepishly because he forgot to tie his seatbelt again. “Sorry, Hyukkie.”

 

Donghae was just about to tie it himself when Eunhyuk stopped him, “Wait, let me tie it for you, baby.”

 

Eunhyuk undid his own seatbelt and then leaned forward to tie the younger boy’s one. As Eunhyuk concentrated on the task, Donghae stared at the other boy’s face. Eunhyuk’s face was in such a close proximity that Donghae could count his eyelashes. The younger boy’s heart skipped a bit. This was the man he loved - so handsome yet so dazzlingly beautiful.

 

Eunhyuk must’ve noticed that Donghae was staring because then he lifted his eyes and their gazes locked. They found love in each other’s eyes. There was no need for words as Eunhyuk connected their lips together, expressing everything he wanted to say through the touch of their lips.

 

They both closed their eyes and lost themselves in the sweetness of each other’s tongue. Donghae on the elder boy’s plump lips and bit his bottom lip - not too rough but not to gently either.

 

Eunhyuk hissed and caught Donghae’s tongue between his lips, on the wet muscle, making Donghae moan. Their tongues engaged in a playful battle, trying to dominate and refusing to be the one to submit.

 

If anybody walked by Eunhyuk’s car at that moment, they would feel hot by just watching the hot make out session going on inside the car. There was so much between the boys but they couldn’t do anything about it in public.

 

The need for oxygen caused them to break the kiss but Donghae continued to kiss Eunhyuk’s jaw and finally stopped after biting the redheaded boy’s earlobe roughly.

 

Eunhyuk chuckled as his earlobe stung with a slight pain, “I’ve noticed that you like biting me a lot, baby.”

 

A mischievous smirk danced on Donghae’s lips, “Haven’t you figured it out yet, Hyukkie?” Then Donghae whispered ily in his ear, “I love digging my teeth into your skin and marking you.”

 

All of Eunhyuk’s blood rushed southwards to his groin, making him groan lowly. “Damn, Hae. You’d be the death of me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are we having for dinner tonight?” Donghae asked curiously as he watched Eunhyuk move around the kitchen looking for ingredients. He was sitting on an empty space on the kitchen counter to cheer for Eunhyuk who was in duty for cooking dinner.

 

“We’re having grilled fish and spicy stir-fried chicken,” Eunhyuk replied as he put the last ingredient he needed on the counter and then stepped in the space between Donghae’s legs, stealing a kiss from the brunette. Donghae wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk’s neck and pulled him closer, smiling into the kiss. Eunhyuk kissed him passionately and pecked his lips twice before busying himself with turning on the stove and preparing dinner.

 

Donghae watched dreamily as Eunhyuk handled everything like a professional cook.

 

“You know, Hyukkie? You could be a professional chef if you wanted to,” Donghae commented proudly.

 

The elder boy laughed, “But I’m going to study business because I have to take over dad’s position in the company.”

 

Donghae looked thoughtful, “Right. But you could be a really good chef if you tried.”

 

Chuckling at the younger boy’s cuteness, Eunhyuk hummed, “I can be your personal chef if you want though.” He winked at the brunette who blushed at the cheesy pickup-line.

 

Donghae suddenly remembered his own attempt of cooking a meal for Eunhyuk on his birthday. He really wanted to know if it was okay but he was also nervous about the answer. But still he gathered all his courage and asked Eunhyuk the question eagerly, “Hyukkie?”

 

“Hmm?” the other boy hummed while cutting some letuce and garlics.

 

“The dishes I cooked for you t-that day..... Were they any good?” Donghae bit his lower lip, anxious about the response.

 

With the corner of his eyes, Eunhyuk saw the anxiety on the brunette’s face. Deciding to tease the younger boy a little, he pretended not to notice his nervousness and answered without looking at him as he continued to slice the garlics, “Well, let’s see. The chicken was a bit too salty and the stew was a bit too spicy.”

 

Donghae looked down sadly and played with his own fingers. A frown grew on his face as his lips formed a pout.

 

Eunhyuk laughed inwardly and then washed his hands in the sink. Then with a smile playing on his lips, he approached Donghae and cupped his face, “But,” he placed his forehead against the younger boy’s one and kissed his lips affectionately, “It was the most delicious food I have ever had because my cute wife cooked it for me and filled it with his love.”

 

Donghae laughed happily at his words, making the pace of Eunhyuk’s heartbeat increase, “Are you saying that to make me feel better?”

 

Eunhyuk shook his head, “No, I’m just stating the truth.”

 

“I noticed you were enjoying the ramen quite a lot that day though you were complaining about how unhealthy it was. Was that because of my love too?” Donghae mumbled in a teasing tone.

 

“Yeah, it was tasty. Maybe because it was cooked by you,” Eunhyuk grinned, revealing his gums and Donghae didn’t know if there was anything more beautiful than that smile. But then Eunhyuk’s eyes turned darker and he whispered ily in Donghae’s ear in a low, husky tone, “But you know what’s tastier?”

 

“What?” Donghae whispered back in the same tone and his lips knowing where the conversation was heading.

 

Eunhyuk’s eyes followed the movement of his tongue and he his own lips too, “Your kisses, baby.”

 

They both leaned in and started kissing like they were starving. Eunhyuk’s hands gripped Donghae’s waist who was still sitting on the kitchen counter while the brunette gripped Eunhyuk’s biceps, feeling his muscles flexing beneath his fingers.

 

Donghae groaned as Eunhyuk’s lips traveled to his jaw, leaving wet kisses from there to his neck. He on the younger boy’s adam’s apple, creating a hickey. Donghae’s fingers ran through Eunhyuk’s hair as he threw his head back, giving Eunhyuk more access to his neck.

 

“Y-You’re always so t-touchy,” Donghae whispered, closing his eyes as he got immersed in the feeling of Eunhyuk’s lips on his skin.

 

“Can’t help it, baby. I’m and you’re too y,” Eunhyuk answered between leaving kisses on Donghae’s neck, making Donghae blush at the statement.

 

But then the brunette’s stomach growled loudly, making his hunger known.

 

Eunhyuk chuckled and placed a soft innocent kiss on Donghae’s thin lips, “But seems like we should feed you something first.”

 

Donghae grinned sheepishly, “Sorry.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So how is it?” Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow at Donghae who was chewing the food with a blissful expression on his face.

 

“Mmmm, this is so good,” Donghae was speechless because he had eaten stir-fried chicken in a few restaurants but Eunhyuk’s was just unbelievable. The food was so good that he could eat it all day but he wouldn’t mind getting fat.

 

“Where did you even learn to cook like this?” he exclaimed with disbelief written all over his face.

 

Eunhyuk was inwardly feeling very proud of himself and so he patted his own back mentally to praise himself.

 

“Well, self-taught and I guess a little bit of practice,” Eunhyuk replied haughtily, making Donghae gape at him.

 

“You know what? I’m going to start taking cooking classes soon because I’m the wife. Shouldn’t I be the one to cook for my husband?”

 

“You don’t have to, you know? I love cooking for you,” Eunhyuk muttered, pecking the younger boy’s cheek lovingly.

 

“B-But I want to! I want to be a better wife, a better partner for you,” Donghae said as he furrowed his eyebrows in thought, “I can’t always let you do the things I can’t do. Once you start working in the company, you’ll be very busy and tired. I can’t let you cook for us after you’ll come home all exhausted and needing rest after a long day of work.”

 

Eunhyuk’s heart swelled at the brunette’s worries. He had already thought about everything so that Eunhyuk wouldn’t have to deal with much work. It was heart touching how much this man cared for him even though they had only really known each other for not more than three months.

 

“Come here,” Eunhyuk gestured the younger boy to come closer and then pulled him onto his lap.

 

“Hyukkie, wha-”

 

“Shh,” Eunhyuk shushed him and bumped their foreheads together with a satisfied gummy smile shining on his face, “I love you, Hae. I don’t mind doing all this things for you. But if it makes you happy, then you can take cooking classes. But please, let me cook for you once in a while. Okay, baby?”

 

Donghae smiled shyly in embarrassment, “Okay.”

 

“Now let’s finish eating, shall we? Will you feed me, please?” Eunhyuk opened his mouth and waited for Donghae to feed him.

 

Donghae blushed but then closed his lips tightly in a thin line, hiding his smile. He then picked up a piece of chicken with his chopsticks and held it near Eunhyuk’s mouth, “Here, you big baby.”

 

Eunhyuk smirked and took the piece of chicken in his mouth, chewing it slowly.

 

Then he remembered something, “By the way, dad wants us to go over for dinner tomorrow. When are you getting off work?”

 

“At 5 o’ clock maybe.”

 

“Okay, I’ll be there to pick you up.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Will you stop staring at him like that?” Eunhyuk was startled by Kyuhyun’s irritated tone.

 

“Like what?” he asked the taller brunette, eyes automatically travelling towards a shorter brunette who was busy serving the customers in the café.

 

“Like you’re going to die if he is out of your sight. Seriously, dude. Firstly, it was a surprise when we found out that my bestie has a crush on you of all people and then you shocked us by suddenly becoming a couple. And now you’re acting like you’ve been together like, what, a decade?” Kyuhyun was ranting and Eunhyuk honestly felt a little offended.

 

“What do you mean by you of all people? Am I a bad guy or something? I think we make an amazing pair,” he raised a challenging eyebrow at Kyuhyun.

 

“Isn’t it obvious? We’re perfectly aware of what a playboy you are. I don’t want my best friend to get hurt,” Kyuhyun’s worry was showing on his face and Eunhyuk smiled knowing that Kyuhyun was just worrying because he wanted the best for Donghae.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to hurt him again. I’m too much in love to give him a reason to stop loving me,” Eunhyuk replied fondly as his eyes lingered on the shorter brunette who just disappeared inside the employees’ room. Looking at his wrist watch, Eunhyuk realized that Donghae’s shift was over.

 

“Oh, I guess we gotta go now.”

 

“Where?” Kyuhyun asked curiously, “On a date?”

 

“No, to my dad’s house,” Eunhyuk replied casually, knowing that Donghae had already explained everything to their friends.

 

But Kyuhyun’s reaction surprised him, “What? Already taking him to meet his future father-in-law?” the younger boy wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

 

Future father-in-law? Eunhyuk frowned in confusion, “Didn’t Hae already tell you everything?”

 

“Yeah, he did. But he never told me that you were going to take matters further so quickly,” Kyuhyun laughed teasingly.

 

Eunhyuk was really confused at the other boy’s words, Doesn’t he know that we are already married? Hae told me that he explained everything so I won’t have to explain anything to them.

 

“Exactly what did he tell you guys?” Eunhyuk asked, wanting to know how much Donghae had revealed and how much he had kept a secret.

 

Kyuhyun shrugged, “He said that he had a crush on you for a few years and then he fell in love. He confessed but you didn’t like him so you rejected him. But now you love him too. But why are you asking this? Is there anything else we need to know?”

 

Eunhyuk sighed, “No, nothing.”

 

Why is he still hiding that we’re married? Eunhyuk wondered in confusion. He needed to talk to the brunette.

 

Right then he saw Donghae coming out of the employees’ room, dressed in his casual clothes.

 

“Hyukkie, let’s go,” he muttered with a sweet smile which made Eunhyuk smile too.

 

He got up from his table and payed for his coffee before they left the café hand in hand after bidding Kyuhyun goodbye. They drove to the Lee Mansion and talked about their day along the way.

 

When they reached the mansion, a maid opened the door for them saying that Mr. Lee still hadn’t returned from the office.

 

“It’s okay, Bona. We will just be in my room,” Eunhyuk smiled at the maid and dragged Donghae to his room.

 

The younger boy felt shy when they reached Eunhyuk’s bedroom in the mansion. He remembered the week after their marriage when they stayed in this house. Even though nothing special had happened between them and Donghae had moved to another room after a couple of days, he still felt shy for some reason. He didn’t even know why.

 

“Hey, why are you blushing?” Eunhyuk inquired, cupping Donghae’s face as they stood in the middle of the room.

 

“I don’t know,” Donghae laughed, “I’m just feeling shy all of a sudden.”

 

Eunhyuk grinned teasingly, “Is it because you’ve come to your in-law’s house? Or is there any other reason?” he wiggled his eyebrows at the brunette, making Donghae punch his chest lightly.

 

“Shut up! Go take a shower. I’ll wait here for you,” Donghae mumbled quickly, pushing Eunhyuk towards the bathroom.

 

“Okay, okay, baby. I’ll go,” Eunhyuk held his hands upwards as if he had been surrendering but then he quickly stole a kiss from the younger boy, “Just needed this before going.”

 

Eunhyuk then took a towel and disappeared into the bathroom.

 

Donghae shook his head in amusement and sat on the large bed, waiting for Eunhyuk. After a while, he got up and walked out of Eunhyuk’s room. He stood in front of the door of the room next to Eunhyuk’s and slowly pushed the door open. Quietly opening the door, Donghae stepped inside.

 

He looked around with a small smile on his face. He had spent only a few days in this room but he could still see some of his things around which he hadn’t taken to the apartment.

 

Donghae walked to the closet silently and opened it, breath hitching a bit as he stared at the wedding dress hanging inside. It was his.

 

Taking out the dress, the brunette caressed the white fabric of the dress with his cheeks coloring up in a pinkish hue.

 

He still remembered the day he walked down the aisle wearing this dress, taking step by step forward to the man who was waiting at the end of the path to take his hand. Eunhyuk looked so handsome in his black wedding suit, looking like a prince waiting to take his bride’s hand and promise his life to Donghae.

 

Donghae didn’t really like dressing up as a girl. He was a man and he was more comfortable in his own dressing choice but wearing a wedding dress like a woman wasn’t a bad experience at all because it bore so many good memories.

 

Donghae walked in front of the mirror and held the dress in front of his body. He stared at his own reflection as he wondered how he would look if he wore the dress again someday.

 

“What are you doing here, Hae?” Eunhyuk’s voice broke Donghae out of his daydream and he swiftly turned around, staring at Eunhyuk like he was caught red-handed. The elder boy’s red hair was slightly wet and sticking to his forehead messily and he was wearing a T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. Anyone could guess that he just finished showering.

 

“Is that your wedding dress?” Eunhyuk’s eyes widened in surprise.

 

Donghae was struggling to find the right words to say. What was even the explanation for him to be suddenly embracing his wedding dress like that?

 

“Um.... I-I.... I was just checking if t-the dress is okay,” he stuttered stupidly, cringing right after at how unconvincing his answer sounded.

 

Eunhyuk grinned and stepped forward. Then he hugged the brunette from his back and stared at their reflection in the mirror with a smile. Donghae was still holding the dress in his hands so Eunhyuk took it from him and held it in front of the brunette, “So pretty. I guess I was wrong when I thought it was all just makeup.”

 

Donghae raised an eyebrow in a questioning manner, “Huh?”

 

“You know what my thoughts were when I saw you walking down the aisle to where I was standing that day?” Eunhyuk asked, staring at Donghae’s eyes through the mirror.

 

“What?” Donghae asked back, not breaking eye contact with Eunhyuk.

 

“When you entered the hall, I was mesmerized. You looked so beautiful like an angel from the heaven had come down to become my bride. I honestly forgot for a moment that you were a boy,” Eunhyuk laughed as he remembered how he was freaking out that day but he still couldn’t deny the brunette’s beauty.

 

“But then you remembered that I was a boy and freaked out,” Donghae stated casually, laughing at his own words. It was kind of nice. Even if they were talking about how Eunhyuk didn’t want to marry him, Donghae didn’t feel guilty anymore for forcing himself on the elder boy or sad for the fact that Eunhyuk hadn’t loved him then.

 

Donghae loved the fact that his insecurities were washing away bit by bit after Eunhyuk had said he loved him back. How could they not? Eunhyuk was showering him with so much love and affection that all the empty holes in the younger boy’s heart was filling up inch by inch everyday.

 

“I want to see you in this dress again. Will you wear it for me again?” Eunhyuk stated, kissing the side of Donghae’s neck softly.

 

“Who knows? We’ll see,” Donghae chuckled, the pace of his heartbeat increasing because of both Eunhyuk’s words and his soft kisses.

 

Someone knocked at the door and they both turned around, seeing a maid standing there with a smile on her face, “Mr. Lee has arrived. He is freshening up now. He wants to meet you at the dining table.”

 

“Thanks, we’ll be there in a minute,” Donghae replied politely and smiled at her. After the maid left, Donghae proceeded to put his wedding dress back in the closet. Eunhyuk’s eyes followed the brunette’s every movement, specially his backside and he his lips.

 

He seriously didn’t know how long he could hold back. He was very much ually frustrated but every time he tried to take things to the main course, Donghae always stopped him for some reason. They were having without going all the way every night since the day they first showered together but it wasn’t enough.

 

He needed to feel Donghae around the most intimate part of his body but seeing how Donghae panicked every time Eunhyuk tried to go further, he realized that Donghae might be very nervous. It was his first time after all. I just need to ask him about it soon, Eunhyuk thought to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, you two have finally sorted things out. You don’t know how happy I am right now, my boys,” Mr. Lee couldn’t stop smiling through the whole dinner. It was a very pleasant sight to witness. The old man’s tired face looked a few years younger because of the genuine and bright smile that was hanging on his lips.

 

“Remember, uncle? When we forced Hyuk to watch gay ? I think it actually worked.” Hyoyeon cackled at the memory as Mr. Lee laughed along and they both high fived.

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae both gaped at the laughing duo.

 

“How does dad know about that? Don’t tell me you were involved in that too, dad!” Eunhyuk exclaimed loudly, disbelief written all over his face.

 

“You bet I was,” Mr. Lee replied casually and continued eating his food.

 

Eunhyuk was speechless at the answer,”Okay, can someone tell me exactly what dad was doing with this matter?”

 

Hyoyeon grinned, “We made a team at the day of your marriage. Three members and one goal. Making Eunhyuk fall in love with Donghae. Because we were sure that you two were meant to be together.”

 

Mr. Lee nodded, “Yeah. You were destined to be with each other since you were kids, you know. Donghae called you hyu-”

 

“Dad!” Eunhyuk cut the elder man off and mouthed, He doesn’t know yet.

 

“Oh,” Mr. Lee grinned and pretended to zip his mouth.

 

“What were you saying, uncle?” Donghae cluelessly blinked at them.

 

“It’s nothing, dear,” he replied with a smile.

 

Donghae still squinted his eyes in suspicion. Looking at Hyoyeon’s face, it looked like she knew too what Uncle Lee was going to say. Exactly what were they hiding from him?

 

 


 

 

A/N: I know I'm supposed to be in hiatus right now. But I guess I won't be able to sleep without finishing this fic. I finished writing this chapter so I thought I'll just update. 

So, if I can get time to write, I will. Thanks a lot for voting and commenting, guys. 

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter too.  ^_^ Next chapter will be the real . *winks* Please, comment and upvote for this chapter too and let me know about your thoughts. Love ya~