2: The Mark

Fallin Stars

*SPLASH* After hearing the splash that surrounded them, Jae & Emily opened their eyes and noticed that they were underwater. As they slid deeper into the water, there was a shard of glass that had sliced Emily’s leg. Jae looked at Emily as he hurt a sound coming from her, when he looked at her he noticed there was blood fading into the water in front of him, then he noticed that it was coming from Emily’s leg. Just after he noticed, he quickly got them up to the surface with Emily still in his arms then swam to shore as quick as he could.

 

Once they got out of the water, right away Jae took a look at Emily’s heavily bleeding leg. “Ouch, it really hurts!” said Emily with the sound of pain in her voice, “we need to get your leg treated as soon as possible” said Jae as he quickly rinsed out his hoodie to wrap Emily injured leg. As Jae looked around to see where they were, he noticed there was a familiar looking bag against a tree a couple feet from them. “Emily, is that your bag of there?” asked Jae, “yeah it is, but how did it get there?” said Emily confused, “ I don’t know, but i’ll go grab it for you” Jae offered as he got up to go grab it, “Thanks Jae!” thanked Emily. Just when Jae was coming back with Emily’s bag, they heard two familiar voices calling their names & then they noticed it was Do Woon & Eryn calling them as the ran out of the forest. “Hey, Emily are you okay!?” asked Eryn with a sad look as her & Do
Woon ran to her just before Jae got to her. “What happened?” Do Woon asked Emily as he was looking down at her sweater wrapped leg, “A glass shard cut my leg” Emily said in pain as she held her leg, “let me take a look at it” Do Woon implied. Just as Do Woon was about to look at Emily’s leg, he noticed something black on Emily’s arm from underneath her sleeve.

 

“Emily, what is that black mark on your arm?” Do Woon asked Emily as he looked, “what black mark?” asked Emily confused, “This mark, right here just above your wrist” said Do Woon as he pulled up Emily’s damp sleeve to show her the black mark on her inner arm, “What, how did that get there?” Emily said as she questioned further, “Wait Em, let me see” Eryn quickly asked just as Emily was just about to pull her sleeve back down.


 

Just as Eryn was looking at Emily’s arm, Jae noticed something. “Eryn, I think you might have the same mark on your arm” said Jae as looked at her arm, “What, why is it we have these marks on our arms” questioned Eryn as she looked Curiously at both Emily & her arms, “They also look exactly the same to each other” said Jae as he examined the mark on both Emily & Eryn’s arms, “Wait, if Eryn & I have this mark what about you guys?” asked Emily with a questionable look. Just after Emily asked them, Jae & Do Woon both checked their arms but with no surprise, they both had the mark as well. “What do these marks mean?” Do Woon asked while looking back down at his arm after looking at the others, “I don’t know, but it must mean something” impling Jae. “I think Emily & I should head back to our house, we need to be home before my sister & our friend get home” requested Eryn, “ alright, then let’s go” said Emily as she was trying to get up, “But Emily, you can’t walk with your leg like that” Eryn said very concerned, “How about I carry Emily & you lead the way back to your house” said Do Woon as he picked up Emily, “Alright, then follow me” Eryn said as she quickly got up & started to walk in the the forest.


Just as they got out of the forest, Eryn & Emily’s house was just couple houses down from where they were. “It looks like Skye & Anastasia made it home before us” said Eryn, “Wait, what are they gonna think if they see Emily just floating in thin air?” questioned Jae. Just as Jae finished with what he was saying, they all heard Anastasia & Skye calling out to them as they saw them running towards them. “Where were you two, & who are the two of you?” asked Skye with a serious look, “Huh, Skye you can see them?” asked Eryn looking surprised, “Yeah, why wouldn’t we be able to see them they aren’t ghosts” said Anastasia questioning further, “Oh nevermind, and these two are Jae & Do Woon” Eryn answered as she gestured to the boys, “Oh, well it is nice to meet you both” Said skye with a wide bright smile. “Emily, what happened to your leg?” Anastasia asked with a worried look, “Can I tell you once I get out of these damp clothes” asked Emily while she started to shiver, “oh yeah let’s head inside” said Skye gesturing them to follow her.