[PRO] The Day It Began

The Way It Was

PROLOGUE


A cold wind followed after Baekhyun passed me without a word. My hand left hanging after I raised it for a high five and Baekhyun didn't return it. The cheerful Byun Baekhyun, the crazy monster of a friend who wanted to go out drinking after our last day of school, didn't even turn to look at me. Of course, I immiediately thought something was wrong and followed him.

"Hey, Baekhyun-ah!" I cried out.

Nothing. Not even a glance. Is it something I did? Did something happen to him? I quickened my step and ended up behind him. I instinctively placed my hand on his shoulder but he nudged me off and pushed me like I did something terrible.

"Baekhyun?"

"Don't... come near me," he told me in a shaken voice, so soft like he had lost it.

"Hey, bud, did... did something happen?"

His expression grew dark as if I had triggered something. I wonder what it could be and I wanted to ask but Baekhyun just kept walking. I followed him and matched his pace. 

"Seriously, are we going out to drink or what?"

"No... I don't feel like it..."

"But earlier you said--"

"Forget what I said! I'm going home!"

Before I could even ask why, he ran off to catch the bus that was halting at the nearest stop. No explanation. No reason. My best friend, who wanted to drink to celebrate High School nearing its end, became as cold as the wind that blew that day. That was the day it began. That was the day Baekhyun changed.


AUTHOR'S NOTES

Hello! I'm Cami and I recently read a manhwa (Korean Comic) titled 'BEHIND STORY' written and drawn by Ahn Narae. I was inspired by the story of Johann and Taehee. The story started out really simple and I believe in Volume 2, everything becomes more complicated (I haven't read Vol.2 yet... only its synopsis). As I read it, I was inspired to write a BaekYeol fic with a more serious story.

This fic will have mature themes. Please read another fic if you are uncomfortable with certain mature themes. I will not mention what they are but be forewarned

Thank you, Everyone!